Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 28, 2021, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Coder33
Wiki for Mileage/XP Runs
Indicate below your itinerary, availability dates, price and XP. Please only log runs with confirmed fares availability. Feel free to tag yourself if you want to meet fellow FTers.
Eg:
MXP-CDG-AMS-KRK-AMS-CDG-MXP in J, 2021-01-01/02, 570 €, 180 XP
HEL-AMS-LAX-AMS-HEL in J, 2022-08-16/18, 1059 €, 204 XP (@XXXFlyer arriving at 11:50 AM, leaving at 06:00 AM)

Upcoming runs:
MXP-CDG-AMS-KRK in J on 2022/07/21-22, 380€ - 45XP (8,44€/XP) : one way

Past runs:
For future reference, log below your most interesting XP runs:

KRK-AMS-CDG-BCN-AMS-CDG-KRK, 2021-07-22/24, 576 €, 180 XP
ATH-CDG-AMS-KRK-AMS-CDG-ATH in J, 2021-09-18/19, 561€
KRK-AMS-CDG-LIS-CDG-AMS-KRK, 2021-07-22/28, 492 € 180 XP
NTE-CDG-AMS-LIS-CDG-LYS-NTE, 2021-09-25/26, 157 €/42XP
Print Wikipost

Mileage runs for Flying Blue - best routes?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2017, 10:12 am

Programs: FlyingBlue (platinum)
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
I keep on watching cheapish AZ business class fares.

Just booked CAI-FCO-LAX-JFK-FCO-CAI for 1050€ - gains about 30.000 status miles - o.k. CAI is not the best airport to start a MR - but the Promo Award Europe-CAI in business class on the new AF 787 makes it much more sweet

One of the few real mileage runs I do (for the sake of status miles) - however I have one afternoon/evening in LAX and one day in NYC - no hotel needed on this extended weekend trip
Hi f0zzyNUE, can you give more details on this booking? where did you book it? what dates? many thanks
Old Feb 9, 2017, 10:38 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor Plat, IHG Diamond
Is there a way to force the Air France and/or KLM sites to add connections to the city pair: for example instead of flying MRS-CDG-FRA flying MRS-CDG-AMS-FRA.
I can get the tickets to price on ita.matrix and on kayak, but not on the AF and KLM sites sdirectly.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 11:57 am

Programs: Skyteam E+ (FB PfL), Latam Black, LH MM, Iberia plus, HH: Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy: Plat
Originally Posted by Ikaz
Is there a way to force the Air France and/or KLM sites to add connections to the city pair: for example instead of flying MRS-CDG-FRA flying MRS-CDG-AMS-FRA.
I can get the tickets to price on ita.matrix and on kayak, but not on the AF and KLM sites sdirectly.
The easiest is to call them and book it on the phone.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by Ikaz
Try using the multi-city option and specify each segment or MRS-AMS & AMS-FRA for example, AF website multi-city tool works better usually
Old Feb 10, 2017, 6:00 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor Plat, IHG Diamond
Thanks to both of you! I have tried the multi city of AF site and it works better than when I was trying (I guess I tried on KLM site previousely), and if I can't get the tickets to price like that I will try calling ^
Old Feb 11, 2017, 4:15 am

Programs: Flying Blue, IB, Miles and More, Delta
So if I am correct, now we can get segments for Prix Mini (or Light) and for all UX flights? That seems a huge imprvement to me (although I am still waiting for the future "improvements")
It earns only 15-20% miles but that's not important.
I saw some BCN-PMI-BCN for 52 euros. I might go often to Mallorca to get the Gold status.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 5:31 am

Programs: Flying Blue, IB, Miles and More, Delta
Valentine discount STVALEN843 for flights with AF to Paris from BCN and MAD.
So you can get BCN-CDG and MAD-CDG for 29 euros (just today).
Old Feb 15, 2017, 12:09 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Masterfrog
Valentine discount STVALEN843 for flights with AF to Paris from BCN and MAD.
So you can get BCN-CDG and MAD-CDG for 29 euros (just today).
Love it! Pity I missed that one. BCN to PMI is still available with UX for as low as 42 euros if booked through an online agent.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by Masterfrog
So if I am correct, now we can get segments for Prix Mini (or Light) and for all UX flights? That seems a huge imprvement to me (although I am still waiting for the future "improvements")
It earns only 15-20% miles but that's not important.
I saw some BCN-PMI-BCN for 52 euros. I might go often to Mallorca to get the Gold status.
Just found AMS-PAR-BCN-PMI same day rt with a 25 min transfer BCN-PMI, About 30 eur per segment. Doable ?
Old Feb 28, 2017, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by Anne Smithson
Just found AMS-PAR-BCN-PMI same day rt with a 25 min transfer BCN-PMI, About 30 eur per segment. Doable ?
Well, 25 mins sounds very tight. Are they selling you that as one ticket?

UX have done away with J on the BCN-PMI route; no food or drink service was offered last week. Flight time is 30 mins.
Since the flights are so cheap lately, they are a great segment run for anyone based in BCN.

AF typically uses the B area in BCN and the UX flight I was on last week used the C area, so that could mean a 10 minute walk from gate to gate.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by HalconBCN
Well, 25 mins sounds very tight. Are they selling you that as one ticket?

UX have done away with J on the BCN-PMI route; no food or drink service was offered last week. Flight time is 30 mins.
Since the flights are so cheap lately, they are a great segment run for anyone based in BCN.

AF typically uses the B area in BCN and the UX flight I was on last week used the C area, so that could mean a 10 minute walk from gate to gate.
No, they don't offer that route on same day return so, two tickets. Would be great if the 25min transfer would work out
Old Mar 1, 2017, 12:42 pm

No, they don't offer that route on same day return so, two tickets. Would be great if the 25min transfer would work out
It will likely work out if the AF lands on time and you are one of the first out. Did you already book it? Curious to hear how it goes!
Old Mar 2, 2017, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by HalconBCN
It will likely work out if the AF lands on time and you are one of the first out. Did you already book it? Curious to hear how it goes!
I am planning on trying it! In an ideal world it should work.

AF sells tickets with 25-30 min transfer in CDG so i would like to assume it's possible at BCN too. However, 10 min taxi-in and 10 min transfer is a guarentee i will not make the connection because 1. it's a seperate ticket so they are not liable for inbound delay and rebook me, which wouldn't help anyway on a tight schedule, and 2. the gate closes before i can make it in time according to the mentioned 'transfer' times.

What are the shortest and longest taxi times at BCN? I've never flown there.
Oh aaaand btw, 3 tickets to connect and make the return in time.

Last edited by Mcflyneo; Mar 2, 2017 at 6:19 am
Old Mar 2, 2017, 8:23 am

Programs: Skyteam E+ (FB PfL), Latam Black, LH MM, Iberia plus, HH: Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy: Plat
I am planning on trying it! In an ideal world it should work.

AF sells tickets with 25-30 min transfer in CDG so i would like to assume it's possible at BCN too.

What are the shortest and longest taxi times at BCN? I've never flown there.
Are you sure? I haven't seen anything shorter than 45-50min @ CDG.
Taxi time: Scheduled arrival time includes it. And there is nothing like a "Polderbaan" in BCN
Old Mar 2, 2017, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by wuzziduzziman
Are you sure? I haven't seen anything shorter than 45-50min @ CDG.
Taxi time: Scheduled arrival time includes it. And there is nothing like a "Polderbaan" in BCN
Thanks for the info, i might just make it then. Looking for the cheapest tickets, it will be end of the year traveling this route.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.