Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum for Life

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2013, 3:04 am

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Again, I tend to believe that the explanation offered by brunos and Goldorak is probably the correct one.
While I fully understand and respect this pessimistic interpretation of the LTPE rule, I am more optimistic and pretty sure the rule of the number of qualifications in a row works and that there is a discrepancy between what is dispayed on the FB profile on the website (as well as on the agents' computers) and what the reality is, leading to that misunderstanding.

Again, even for current LTPE, what is displayed on the FB profile is simply wrong and when the question is raised to a FB agent, he/she says the same thing as the website.

I have no time to find the post where an AF insider (FBI, Mokshu?) at that time reported this rule on FT but this unfortunately is where I source that information.

Now there are several options, not necessarily exclusive from each others :
- I am just wrong, then please accept my apologies
- FB changed somehow the rule and is now more stringent on its application (it is notably sure for the non-written 700k rule)
- Their IT system (remember how good they are at IT...) changed the rule, meaning that FB agents rely on a wrong information and no one has the clue
Old Jul 24, 2013, 3:40 am

Programs: AFKL Plat STE+ (LT), OZ Diam+ *G (LT), QF Gold OWS (LTG 83%)
Thumbs up

I think Bodory has made a clear summary of the situation as we can understand it.

I have fresh news. I just called FB desk and after explaining my (and Delanotre's) issue.

She confirmed :
- this a bug on the website (not taking into account previous continuous FP Rouge years when you switched to FB Gold at the program creation in 2005)
- those years qualified as FP rouge before FB do count toward LTPE irrespective of the actual number of status miles achieved
- hence that I will become LTPE on Dec 30 2013 (having reached myself FP rouge on Dec 30 2003, so 10 years exactly after the anniversary date).
- last but not least, she will write me sthg to confirm that - the only way to be sure of sthg in France...

Be sure that I will gladly post the writing once received.

God, what a messed-up FFP !

Last edited by mogoy; Jul 24, 2013 at 3:49 am
Old Jul 24, 2013, 4:22 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
Originally Posted by mogoy
...God, what a messed-up FFP !
Good new. Do you have enough EQM or QF to renew your status in 2013? (in case...)
I had 3 answers after calling twice the desk and written on the site: 2 answers were negatives (the website is right and you need two more years) and only one positive, telling that I 'll be LTPE on 2014 april 1st.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by delanotre
Good new. Do you have enough EQM or QF to renew your status in 2013? (in case...)
I had 3 answers after calling twice the desk and written on the site: 2 answers were negatives (the website is right and you need two more years) and only one positive, telling that I 'll be LTPE on 2014 april 1st.
So far I have 0 status miles this year, and I do not intend to fly AF as I am working out my lifetime *G with OZ from now on.

So I can't afford the inconsistency of FB.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Let's very much hope that this is the end of it and will indeed end in a positive note for all of our friends concerned here. Sadly, FB has taught us that if we want to get anywhere near the likely truth, we'd better consider the worst, so it will be nice to bump into a notable exception here!
Old Jul 24, 2013, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Let's very much hope that this is the end of it and will indeed end in a positive note for all of our friends concerned here. Sadly, FB has taught us that if we want to get anywhere near the likely truth, we'd better consider the worst, so it will be nice to bump into a notable exception here!
Thank you to all contributors.
I hope Mogoy (and me) will be the next LTPE members.
In june 2015, the problem will be close... with the hope that Flying Blue will not end at that time... with the merge with Alitalia!
Old Jul 24, 2013, 8:14 am

Programs: Many
Good job mogoy! Please keep us posted : the question will undoubtedly pop again in the future, with more tricky cases.

PS : writting this from the half-closed CDG T2F (ex-Schengen) lounge, crowded of LTPE
Old Jul 30, 2013, 2:16 am

Smile At lesat

Thank you to all contributors.
I hope Mogoy (and me) will be the next LTPE members.
In june 2015, the problem will be close... with the hope that Flying Blue will not end at that time... with the merge with Alitalia!
Since today, the website shows "Platinum for life since november 2005" !!
Hope Mogoy is in the same (new) situation
Old Jul 30, 2013, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Congratulations ^
Old Jul 30, 2013, 8:30 am

Nope, nothing has changed AFAIC.
My account still shows :
Félicitations, il vous suffit de maintenir votre statut Platinum pendant 2 ans pour devenir membre Platinum à vie.

Now, my anniversary date is Dec 30th 2013, maybe yours is already past which might explain why your status has evolved and mine has not.

BTW, no answer from FB desk so far (more than a week after my call as of today)
Old Jul 30, 2013, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Congratulations ^
Merci!
After new information on the website, I found, this morning, a confirmation on my answering machine from FB desk. They refer to my (private) chat on Facebook.

Nope, nothing has changed AFAIC.
Now, my anniversary date is Dec 30th 2013, maybe yours is already past which might explain why your status has evolved and mine has not.
BTW, no answer from FB desk so far (more than a week after my call as of today)
I were FB Plat on 2005 november 30th.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 10:48 am

Merci!
I were FB Plat on 2005 november 30th.
OK but when I asked them, they refered to the date of first becoming FP rouge.
So if you became FP rouge before July 30th 2003, it would make sense that my status did not evolve. If you'd become FP rouge after that date, then there would be an inconsistency.

Thanks for your feedback !
Old Jul 30, 2013, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Congratulations.
But that seems weird if you only became F+ Rouge in 2003.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 1:43 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life
How old is the youngest member of FB Platinum for Life?
Old Aug 5, 2013, 4:01 am

Be sure that I will gladly post the writing once received.

God, what a messed-up FFP !
Some update : no answer so far - obviously - even if Delanotre succeeded in his effort.

This time, the FB agent asked me to write a mail via the website as my claim was not registered in their system last time I called...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.