Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum for Life

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2013, 3:46 am

Programs: FB Gold
Plat for life with 15 flights/25k miles?

Quote from my latest statement of account by e-mail from FB:

Ihr Status: Ivory
Flying Blue-Nummer: xxxxxxxxxx
Mit Stand zum 27/07/2013 verfügen Sie über xxxxxx Prämienmeilen

Ab 2013 gesammelte Statusmeilen: 0
Erforderliche Statusmeilen für den Platinum Status auf Lebenszeit: 25.000

Anerkannte Flüge für 2013: 0
Erforderliche Anzahl der anerkannten Flüge für den Platinum Status auf Lebenszeit: 15

Sammeln Sie die für den Silver-Mitgliedsstatus fehlenden 25.000 Statusmeilen oder 15 qualifizierenden Flüge vor dem 31/12/2013.

Ein Teil oder die Gesamtzahl Ihrer Prämienmeilen verfällt am 28/02/2015.
Quick translation: required status miles for lifetime Platinum: 25.000, required amount of qualifying flights for lifetime Platinum: 15. For obtaining Silver status collect 25.000 status miles or take 15 qualifying flights.

Really? Is FB that generous? My guess: a mistake…
Old Aug 14, 2013, 4:09 am

Programs: FB LTPE, hhonors diamond, hertz 5*, Thalysthecard Platinium, A-club Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by mogoy
I would say so as well. My understanding is that you have to qualify 10 times in a row. So having reached plat in the course of 2004, 2004 is your first qualification year. Therefore you must get plat during 2013. You will be considered for life on the anniversary of your first qualification that is 08-09-2014 and you will receive your definitive card by April 2015.

Yup, it seems so.
Anyways, as delanotre said, call FB just to be sure. Would be a pity to fail on the very last year .
it would certainly be a pity, but getting 30K miles in a reasonably optimized for time way isn't exactly cheap and will come out of my own pocket. So, if I can spend that money on a new Nikon D4 (and perhaps some new lenses as well), I would rather do that.

10 consecutive years of platinum I have, first year is 2004, 10th year 2013.

I will call, but even that does not seem to be an authoritative source either, rather a lottery dependent on the agent one gets.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 6:56 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
Originally Posted by COFF-Platinum
...10 consecutive years of platinum I have, first year is 2004, 10th year 2013...
10th year 2013 if you qualify during 2013..
Old Aug 14, 2013, 7:32 am

Programs: FB LTPE, hhonors diamond, hertz 5*, Thalysthecard Platinium, A-club Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by delanotre
10th year 2013 if you qualify during 2013..
I'm already platinum until March 2014, so why qualify in 2013?
Old Aug 14, 2013, 7:53 am

Confirmed ltpe

Confirmed that I am indeed LTPE as of April next year by calling the FB hotline. Agent checked with Supervisor and confirmed the website status. No further action or flying required..

So the passing of the 10th anniversary date (August 9, 2004) causes the congratulation note to appear!

In the 10th year all you have to do is maintain your account in good standing.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 10:05 am

If this is a new rule, it's great for you. We are several to qualify in 2003 and to get the card only in april 2014. So, perhaps is it different because of your FD status, and a better comprehension of the rules by the dutch FB desk.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 1:55 pm

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Confirmed that I am indeed LTPE as of April next year by calling the FB hotline. Agent checked with Supervisor and confirmed the website status. No further action or flying required..

So the passing of the 10th anniversary date (August 9, 2004) causes the congratulation note to appear!

In the 10th year all you have to do is maintain your account in good standing.
Fascinating. I have to admit that only now I begin to fully understand it. Quite the opposite from assumptions that were made here including mine.

10 years of being plat (which is the criterium to reach plat for life) is not the same as 10 qualifications, obviously.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I just got my monthly FB newsletter and it seems that they have heard our complaints about not knowing for sure if we are LTPE. It now says very clearly in more than one place that "In recognition of your outstanding loyalty over the last decade, we are delighted to honour you with Platinum for Life status. Now Platinum membership and all its privileges are yours for life from 1 April 2014. Congratulations and welcome!"

I know I got something like that last month, but it seems even more reinforced this month.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by stimpy
I just got my monthly FB newsletter and it seems that they have heard our complaints about not knowing for sure if we are LTPE. It now says very clearly in more than one place that "In recognition of your outstanding loyalty over the last decade, we are delighted to honour you with Platinum for Life status. Now Platinum membership and all its privileges are yours for life from 1 April 2014. Congratulations and welcome!"

I know I got something like that last month, but it seems even more reinforced this month.
Congratulations Stimpy ^
We have to celebrate this
Old Aug 14, 2013, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Congratulations Stimpy ^
We have to celebrate this
Was just celebrating in the 2F lounge today. And will be in the 2E L lounge tomorrow for more punishment.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 2:35 pm

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Originally Posted by stimpy
Was just celebrating in the 2F lounge today. And will be in the 2E L lounge tomorrow for more punishment.

Congratulations! Common, I'm sure there must be something there that's a worthy celebrational treat?
(Although the amazing and "evil" breakfast in the M lounge beats it all!)

Last edited by Zembla; Aug 14, 2013 at 3:01 pm
Old Aug 15, 2013, 2:08 am

Programs: AFKL Plat STE+ (LT), OZ Diam+ *G (LT), QF Gold OWS (LTG 83%)
If you do not qualify in during 2013, you will lose your status in 2014 (no card sent in April).

And on August 9 2014 you won't be platinum and you won't have 10 years of Plat. QED !
I think that being Plat until March 2014 does not mean anything to FB as it is just a grace period.

Now, if I were you I would get a written statement from what FB desk told you on the phone about your situation and especially a confirmation that you don't have to requalify during this year.

That is because your FB answer differs from the one I got in writing. If your version is the right one, I normally should have been Plat since Dec 30 2012 as I first qualified on Dec 30 2003. Still they wrote (and said beforehand several times on the phone BTW) Dec 30th 2013 !

Originally Posted by mogoy
Nous avons donc le plaisir de vous confirmer que vous deviendrez membre Flying Blue "Platinum A Vie" le 30 décembre 2013
We know for sure that FB answers and rules are unreliable so get a written confirmation !
Otherwise this thread would have not even existed. Gosh ! 11 pages already !

Last edited by mogoy; Aug 15, 2013 at 2:20 am
Old Aug 15, 2013, 3:27 am

I agree with mogoy.
As him, I qualify in 2003 and I just have been recognize as LTPE in august on the website and by phone on the answering machine. More, I received the monthly newsletter and it is written that I need some thousands EQM to qualify for Platinum next year! No mention about my new status... So be careful, and ask for written confirmation, to do not be disappointed.

Last edited by delanotre; Aug 15, 2013 at 3:33 am
Old Aug 16, 2013, 7:21 am

Programs: Flying Blue LTPE, skywards Silver, miles & more, fidelidade TAM, Accor silver, IHG gold
Hi what I understood is that you must get 10 years consecutive.
I got Platinum fist time October 2003 so in theory I should become Platinum for life in October 2012 but in fact I will be Platinum for life officially from January 2014.
The new card will be delivery in April so my card without expiration will arrive in April 2014 one year and half later.
So the first year count as "0".
Old Aug 18, 2013, 2:30 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
it is not year zero, it is year 1. You qualified first in 2003, you need 10 consecutive years of platinum meaning 10 consecutive qualifications. You therefore need to qualify in 2012, for which you get a card valid until March 2014, but then, even if you don't qualify in 2013, you get your platinum for life card in 2014 anyway when they are sending out new card, so early 2014.

There is 1 exception I can think about not to have 10 consecutive qualifications:
your first qualification was obtained before end of March, meaning you need 9 qualifications.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.