Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum for Life

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2020, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Never invited to any special event when I became PFL, nor seemingly has anyone in the history of FT, nor did I get any such cufflinks, now have I heard of anyone getting them for PFL. So simply, I believe you are mistaken.
Old Apr 18, 2020, 2:47 am

Programs: Lifetime Platinum
I think you may be referring to the special event that was held by KLM last October to celebrate 100 years.....invited VIP's, staff, and high profile members, plus one or two others (!)
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2020, 6:14 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by hfly
Never invited to any special event when I became PFL, nor seemingly has anyone in the history of FT, nor did I get any such cufflinks, now have I heard of anyone getting them for PFL. So simply, I believe you are mistaken.
In the past, KLM did organize an event for newly minted PFL members in NL. Cuff links were given (of the KLM house of that year). I believe it was organized in June of each year (though unlikely to be organized this year I assume, as the Ultimate dinner has been cancelled as well).
Old Apr 18, 2020, 6:32 am

Programs: FB plat for life
Have been PFL for 10 years - never a special invitation or gift (except book and house now and 100).

My wife became PFL 6 years ago and she was invited to an event for all new Dutch PFL and got some necklace I believe.

They are as consistent with these events as with the rest for the service for their most loyals....
johan rebel and MichielR like this.
Old Apr 18, 2020, 2:45 pm

Programs: Flying Blue: Platinum for Life Elite Plus - EuroBonus: Gold
I qualified for platinum for life this year. I just got a fancy box with the card and the luggage tags, nothing more...

SB
Old Apr 18, 2020, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

and I have had my share of invites to all sorts of cultural things sponsored by AF/KL over the years, not to mention the occasional lunch or dinner with passing big-wigs............but those are other things, not this......
Old Apr 18, 2020, 3:29 pm

Programs: Flying Blue
we have 6 plats for life in our family. Myself and my sister almost became Ulti. In all the years non of us where invited to any party, event or gotten gifts except a plat for life card every year. (Which is funny to get a new card every year...as we are ‘for life’).

Also no special Paleis ‘t Loo huisje for us who have ranked up more the 1 million miles on our accounts in ten years, (must be much much more as we spend most on it on travel for direct family).

so... it sounds all as a urban myth!
Old Apr 18, 2020, 4:02 pm

Dear all,

Thanks for bringing a bit more clearness about this topic

One other question. If there is anybody in this forum who ever received the 'Paleis 't Loo' special delft blue house I am very interested. Please send me a message.

Best regards and take care!
Old Apr 18, 2020, 5:19 pm

Programs: Marriott titanium, KL/AF FB Ulti
Originally Posted by mgvanveen
Dear all,

Thanks for bringing a bit more clearness about this topic

One other question. If there is anybody in this forum who ever received the 'Paleis 't Loo' special delft blue house I am very interested. Please send me a message.

Best regards and take care!
All I can recommend is to find a Facebook page or forum for KLM staff and give it a try for your paraphernalia there. KLM is well known for putting its staff members on the first place and if some giveaways, upgrades or anything of value is left, maybe think of their frequent flyers.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 5:47 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Still giving out the physical card ?

Originally Posted by Meneer Guggenheimer
we have 6 plats for life in our family. Myself and my sister almost became Ulti. In all the years non of us where invited to any party, event or gotten gifts except a plat for life card every year. (Which is funny to get a new card every year...as we are ‘for life’).

Also no special Paleis ‘t Loo huisje for us who have ranked up more the 1 million miles on our accounts in ten years, (must be much much more as we spend most on it on travel for direct family).

so... it sounds all as a urban myth!
So... I turned PFL on December 31 (KLM app says it explicitly, Air France app / website shows the 10 years progress unlocked), although if officially runs to March.

My sister turned PFL a couple of years ago before they stopped sending out the actual physical card.

What about these days ? Do they still send it out ? Is there any kind of acknowledgment that you've reached it, or does that first happen later in the year ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.