Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum for Life

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2014, 12:34 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
AFAIK, currently the Panorama terrace is undergoing maintenance to facilitate new/bigger lounges for Servisair and British Airways.

The new 777 seats are an excuse to make the 772 10-abreast too in Y.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by orbitmic
The question about "who" was a good one, with extra lounge space, KL could have decided to differentiate the Platinum experience a la BA or LH/LX for instance, but I guess this is not their priority.
I think KL and AF would prefer more differentiation, but they have to follow Skyteam rules. I get the impression that DL doesn't want to change these rules. Another area of contention, at least for AF, is priority boarding. Practically half the plane is Skyteam Priority these days, especially for flights to the US.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stimpy
they have to follow Skyteam rules.
Following rules is for sissies.

Originally Posted by orbitmic
LTPE is the old label inherited from FD
I would venture that anything inherited from FD is by definition better that what FB has come up with.

stay away from low cost.
Like the Y snacks on KL shorthaul?

Johan
Old Jun 24, 2014, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brunos
More importantly, could someone reconcile the numbers of current PFL? are there 5,000 PFL and 7,000 other Plats in the Netherland?
According to luchtvaartnieuws.nl 177 Dutch members became LTPE this year, bringing the total to 7,407.

"Dit jaar bereikten in Nederland 177 Flying Blueleden deze status, waarmee het totaal aantal deelnemers op 7.407 is gekomen."

Johan
Old Jun 24, 2014, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by johan rebel
According to luchtvaartnieuws.nl 177 Dutch members became LTPE this year, bringing the total to 7,407.
Exactly as the KLM CEO told us.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 12:17 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub

"Dit jaar bereikten in Nederland 177 Flying Blueleden deze status, waarmee het totaal aantal deelnemers op 7.407 is gekomen."

Johan
7.407 worldwide or in the Netherlands alone?
Old Jun 26, 2014, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
7,407 worldwide or in the Netherlands alone?
Not sure.

Assuming a steady rate of about 177 per year, there is no way Dutch LTPEs could account for that total. The number in the first year must have been substantially higher though, as all those with 10+ years would all have qualified immediately.

Johan
Old Jun 29, 2014, 3:42 am

Programs: FB-LTPE
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
7.407 worldwide or in the Netherlands alone?
If it would be Netherlands only, then 1 out of about 2,300 Dutch people would be LTPE, sure that is not the case. I would assume worldwide.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 4:46 am

Programs: LH Sen, HH Gold
Originally Posted by NB00
If it would be Netherlands only, then 1 out of about 2,300 Dutch people would be LTPE, sure that is not the case. I would assume worldwide.
My guess is that the amount of LTPE is decreasing every year (death and cancellation) unless FB will start to put FB status up for sale.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NB00
Yes, the 4700 is worldwide. In talking to some FB people they don't think that number will rise dramatically, but they concede that rollover miles will help some people achieve LTP status easier.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 9:05 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
Yes, the 4700 is worldwide...
You mean 7407, mentionned above ?
Old Jun 29, 2014, 9:12 am

Programs: FB M&M AA Amex HH SPG and others
Yes, the 4700 is worldwide.
Wow, that's going fast downhill!
Oh, delanotre you beat me!
Old Jun 29, 2014, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by delanotre
You mean 7407, mentionned above ?
No, 4700 is what we were told by the KLM CEO. I see now that I accidently acknowledged the 7407 mentioned above. Sorry about that.

But who knows for sure? Personally I don't care if the number is 4700 or 7400. It doesn't make much of a difference to me.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 1:26 am

Programs: FB Plat./BA Gold (thanks BD)/A3 *Gold/HH Diamond/A Club Gold
Interesting.

Be it 7000 or 4000, it is still a very low number compared to the 77 million passengers they had last year.

Knowing the number makes me feel quite special - certainly a lot more so than anything AF actually does or says...

Interestingly, a colleague of mine was recently meeting a client for lunch in a downtown Paris hotel (don't know which one) and there was some big AF do going on, being as interested as the rest of us - he spied a little. Seems it was a workshop with a lot of LTPE guests and Club 2000 members to get their feedback and thank them for their loyalty... He even saw AdJ!

Personally, I'd settle for an empty middle seat on non-full flights, but don't even get that.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 10:03 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by jsfr
Interesting.

Be it 7000 or 4000, it is still a very low number compared to the 77 million passengers they had last year.

Knowing the number makes me feel quite special - certainly a lot more so than anything AF actually does or says...

Interestingly, a colleague of mine was recently meeting a client for lunch in a downtown Paris hotel (don't know which one) and there was some big AF do going on, being as interested as the rest of us - he spied a little. Seems it was a workshop with a lot of LTPE guests and Club 2000 members to get their feedback and thank them for their loyalty... He even saw AdJ!

Personally, I'd settle for an empty middle seat on non-full flights, but don't even get that.
Which date was this do?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.