Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum for Life

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2014, 7:30 am

Programs: FB Plat./BA Gold (thanks BD)/A3 *Gold/HH Diamond/A Club Gold
Two weeks ago - apparently at the Marriott on boulevard Haussmann (I think thats the old Ámbassador)
Old Jul 3, 2014, 11:12 am

Programs: FB Plat for life
Originally Posted by jsfr
Personally, I'd settle for an empty middle seat on non-full flights, but don't even get that.
The other day I was trying to change my seat in order to have my partner seat next to me on a LH Y ticket. We were on two separate PNR. So I had to do the change using two different Web browser.

Strangly I picked an ailse seat in a row of 3 that was fully open and then went to the PNR of my partner to assign her the middle seat next to me. To my surprise this seat was unavailable.

I have seen this several time where at time of booking the seat next to mine is occupied.

I think part of this benefit is here but the problem is that it is probably very easily overruled at checkin by agents.
Anyhow most of the flight I have done recently were really full so cannot tell if there is really something or not
Old Jul 14, 2014, 1:35 am

Programs: Many
To make things as clear as possible, AF new website now shows the following :
- for regular Platinum members : "Level : Flying Blue Platinum. Only x more year(s) at this level and you will earn Platinum for Life membership."
- for Platinum for Life members : "Level : Flying Blue Platinum" and nothing more...
Old Jul 14, 2014, 2:44 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
On the AF iPhone app it states if you are a LTPE member.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 3:42 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
Originally Posted by Gajan
On the AF iPhone app it states if you are a LTPE member.
^, very discrete... by clicking the "i" for information
"You are lifetime Platinum member.
Thank you for your loyalty!"

On the AF website it is written under "mileage summary- earning more miles- above "advantages of your level"
in grey (very discrete) We are proud to have you as a "Platinum for Life" member.

Last edited by delanotre; Jul 14, 2014 at 3:52 am
Old Jul 14, 2014, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
On the KLM site it still has my start date as the start date of FB. Platinum for Life Since 2005-06-04
Old Jul 14, 2014, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stimpy
On the KLM site it still has my start date as the start date of FB. Platinum for Life Since 2005-06-04
The KL site shows my start date as 1999-03-23, but only on the Mileage Summary page. I never quite figured out what exactly happened on that date.

Johan
Old Jul 14, 2014, 8:04 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
Originally Posted by johan rebel
... I never quite figured out what exactly happened on that date.
Robert F. Chandler, of the International Rice Research Institute, shuffled off this mortal coil. (Other things happened too, some of which may even be relevant!)

-- H
Old Jul 14, 2014, 8:08 am

Programs: FB M&M AA Amex HH SPG and others
The KL site shows my start date as 1999-03-23, but only on the Mileage Summary page. I never quite figured out what exactly happened on that date.

Johan
http://takemeback.to/23-March-1999#.U8PkOFZju8U

Originally Posted by Henry III
Robert F. Chandler, of the International Rice Research Institute, shuffled off this mortal coil. (Other things happened too, some of which may even be relevant!)

-- H
That was in 1991
Old Jul 15, 2014, 2:26 am

Programs: VISA Infinite, AmEx Platinum, Flying Blue Platinum for Life, Hertz 5*, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by delanotre
^, very discrete... by clicking the "i" for information

On the AF website it is written under "mileage summary- earning more miles- above "advantages of your level"
in grey (very discrete) We are proud to have you as a "Platinum for Life" member.
For those not sure about where they stand in becoming FOR LIFE, the new AF website writes : "Congratulations ! On April 15, 2015 you will be Platinum for Life".
Old Jul 15, 2014, 4:55 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by UStravelfan
For those not sure about where they stand in becoming FOR LIFE, the new AF website writes : "Congratulations ! On April 15, 2015 you will be Platinum for Life".
Where do you have to go on the website to see this info?

I can only read "Plus que 3 an(s) ŕ ce statut et vous serez Platinum ŕ vie."
Old Jul 15, 2014, 5:19 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Originally Posted by carnarvon
Where do you have to go on the website to see this info?

I can only read "Plus que 3 an(s) ŕ ce statut et vous serez Platinum ŕ vie."
Mine says this too. And the statement is not accurate at all because it is a lot less than that I need!
Old Jul 15, 2014, 12:53 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, HHonors Gold

Johan
That's the day when you earned your Royal Wing
Old Jul 15, 2014, 5:38 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
Originally Posted by UStravelfan
Quote:

Originally Posted by delanotre

, very discrete... by clicking the "i" for information

I have the same message. It shows up on the page of my miles account, below the list with my recent miles transactions.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 11:11 am

Programs: FB M&M AA Amex HH SPG and others
How much is it worth?
I know it all depends on your situation. Let's see mine:
7 years Platinum at this point.
This year: 12 sectors, only a few miles at the end of the year.

For the following years there are 2 options:
1) our company is taken over - no more business flights for me.
2) the group of companies is taken over - enough flying for a few years plat to reach PFL / LTPE. After the first two or three years flying will be lowered, so then PFL comes in handy.

Ofcourse I can't see which one it will be. This will be discussed in the following months, but I'm not sure of the outcome.

Do I take a mileage run or sector run this year to maintain status or not?
In the first case it's obvious: this is a no-go because a 48-sector run this year and the following years 60-sector runs is too expensive for PFL/LTPE. But... the second case is different. Is it worth do such large mileage/sector run or not?

What do you think? (And if you think it is worth it: how to proceed?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.