Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2018, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Concerto
I suspect at outstations that this is not possible, but you never know.
Not possible indeed IMO (I assume you want to check bags).
Old Oct 29, 2018, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by richarddd
It appears that all of the ATMs in the area are Travelex and charge a fee.
I didn't pay attention for a while, but landside I have never been charged a fee (but I have a French card issued by a French bank, in case that makes a difference). Airside, they are indeed Travelex ATM.

The taxi dispatcher and driver both assured us our taxi would take a Visa credit card. His reader didn't actually work - it appeared to process but the charge didn't go through (and he tried to charge us 55 rather than 50). The hotel paid him 50 in cash. The card clearly was not the issue, having worked at the airport for museum passes and at the hotel immediately after.
One of the reasons why I don't use taxi anymore for years and only Uber or Le Cab.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
I didn't pay attention for a while, but landside I have never been charged a fee (but I have a French card issued by a French bank, in case that makes a difference). Airside, they are indeed Travelex ATM.
These were a few landside, all of which were Travelex. It surprised the people at the tourist information desk, who said one of the machines had not been Travelex the last time they checked. The ATMs also offered to charge us in US dollars (at a lousy exchange rate), but that could be declined.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Not possible indeed IMO (I assume you want to check bags).
Actually there was no-one there by the time I got there, the whole Air France KLM check in area was deserted. I would have got there earlier, but I was enjoying aperitivo time in downtown Milano.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 2:42 am

Is there a way to find out, in advance, what part (i.e. which gates) of 2E a flight is departing from?

Going, it's 2F to 2E but I have 3hr30min hours, so plenty of time. Coming back it will be 2E to 2F with about 1hr15min, so might be tight (two more flights to my destination that evening, so not a huge deal if I miss the connection).

Would just be nice to know, in advance, which path to take. I know I'll have to clear passport control (but I don't think I have to re-do security on the way out - coming back from Africa, so assuming that I will re-do security on the way home as I have to do so in most European airports).
Old Nov 24, 2018, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by frontenac551
Is there a way to find out, in advance, what part (i.e. which gates) of 2E a flight is departing from?

Going, it's 2F to 2E but I have 3hr30min hours, so plenty of time. Coming back it will be 2E to 2F with about 1hr15min, so might be tight (two more flights to my destination that evening, so not a huge deal if I miss the connection).

Would just be nice to know, in advance, which path to take. I know I'll have to clear passport control (but I don't think I have to re-do security on the way out - coming back from Africa, so assuming that I will re-do security on the way home as I have to do so in most European airports).
No way to know in advance. If you are flying A380, it will be L or M. M concourse is closing around 3 pm.
2F to 2E : passport control , no security
2E to 2F : passport control and security
Old Nov 24, 2018, 12:34 pm

No way to know in advance. If you are flying A380, it will be L or M. M concourse is closing around 3 pm.
2F to 2E : passport control , no security
2E to 2F : passport control and security
Thanks. Not on the A380 and flight leaves around 8pm, so definitely not M. My assumptions on security were right, which is always a bonus
Old Nov 24, 2018, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by frontenac551
Thanks. Not on the A380 and flight leaves around 8pm, so definitely not M. My assumptions on security were right, which is always a bonus
Do not worry, connections 2F to/from 2E are very easy. Of course to/from L/M takes slightly more time than K but it's quick.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
These were a few landside, all of which were Travelex. It surprised the people at the tourist information desk, who said one of the machines had not been Travelex the last time they checked. The ATMs also offered to charge us in US dollars (at a lousy exchange rate), but that could be declined.
Although it's been over a year since my last CDG visit, I believe that the ATM at the PTT location, downstairs between the C and D terminals, is not Travelex and gives a decent exchange rate, without an extra fee.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 5:29 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Since the wiki is old, Is there a single post or website somewhere that has the amenities (showers, cold food, hot food, spa), smoking permissions (y/n) and gate location for each lounge at CDG...or at least for the AF terminal?

I'm going non Schengen to non Schengen (AF both legs)

Thanks
Old Feb 9, 2019, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by navi_jen
Since the wiki is old, Is there a single post or website somewhere that has the amenities (showers, cold food, hot food, spa), smoking permissions (y/n) and gate location for each lounge at CDG...or at least for the AF terminal?

I'm going non Schengen to non Schengen (AF both legs)

Thanks
https://www.airfrance.fr/FR/fr/commo...air-france.htm
glennhaak likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 7:25 pm

Programs: DL Silver - uh huh!
Is there anything interesting to visit that is closer than an hour from CDG? There seem to be many things (not just in Paris proper) that are an hour or so away by public transit, but I can't find much so far about things that are closer. I guess there is always Aéroville ...
Old Feb 18, 2019, 7:37 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
I will soon be transiting through CDG for the first time soon, and I have a question that is technically not related to FlyingBlue or AF, but maybe someone can help anway.

We'll be arriving around 10am from DUS on A5 (which probably means we'll end up at the remote 2G terminal), and we will be connecting to MUC on LH in the late afternoon (around 6pm). We have planned to meet some local friends during the day - now, as far as I've researched, it is already quite a trek from 2G to the train station where we'd have two options: (1) leave our baggage at the station (for a fee that seems to be a bit expensive) or (2) proceed from the station to T1 in order to try to check our bags already. However, if we then find out we are unable to already drop our bags for our connecting flight. The LH website doesn't say anything about earliest check-in time, but there seems to be a number of LH/LX flights departing throughout the day, so I guess there will be counters open, but not sure whether they can already take our bags. So, we might risk having to go from the station to T1, then find out we cannot drop the bags, go back to the station, drop the bags there, and go to the RER stop, which might cost more than half an hour of our already precious time.

Hence the question: can anybody confirm (or disconfirm, for that matter) whether it is possible to drop bags for a LH group flight already 7 or 8 hours before departure? Or are there any other suggestions?
Old Feb 18, 2019, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by bruce80
I will soon be transiting through CDG for the first time soon, and I have a question that is technically not related to FlyingBlue or AF, but maybe someone can help anway.

We'll be arriving around 10am from DUS on A5 (which probably means we'll end up at the remote 2G terminal), and we will be connecting to MUC on LH in the late afternoon (around 6pm). We have planned to meet some local friends during the day - now, as far as I've researched, it is already quite a trek from 2G to the train station where we'd have two options: (1) leave our baggage at the station (for a fee that seems to be a bit expensive) or (2) proceed from the station to T1 in order to try to check our bags already. However, if we then find out we are unable to already drop our bags for our connecting flight. The LH website doesn't say anything about earliest check-in time, but there seems to be a number of LH/LX flights departing throughout the day, so I guess there will be counters open, but not sure whether they can already take our bags. So, we might risk having to go from the station to T1, then find out we cannot drop the bags, go back to the station, drop the bags there, and go to the RER stop, which might cost more than half an hour of our already precious time.

Hence the question: can anybody confirm (or disconfirm, for that matter) whether it is possible to drop bags for a LH group flight already 7 or 8 hours before departure? Or are there any other suggestions?
you’d better ask in the LH forum IMO.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 3:30 pm

Programs: FB Gold, IB Plus Plata
Originally Posted by Kamalaasaa
Is there anything interesting to visit that is closer than an hour from CDG? There seem to be many things (not just in Paris proper) that are an hour or so away by public transit, but I can't find much so far about things that are closer. I guess there is always Aéroville ...
Disneyland Paris is a 10mn TGV train ride from CDG, if that's your thing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.