FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ
View Single Post
Old Feb 18, 2019, 2:19 pm
Goldorak
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by bruce80
I will soon be transiting through CDG for the first time soon, and I have a question that is technically not related to FlyingBlue or AF, but maybe someone can help anway.

We'll be arriving around 10am from DUS on A5 (which probably means we'll end up at the remote 2G terminal), and we will be connecting to MUC on LH in the late afternoon (around 6pm). We have planned to meet some local friends during the day - now, as far as I've researched, it is already quite a trek from 2G to the train station where we'd have two options: (1) leave our baggage at the station (for a fee that seems to be a bit expensive) or (2) proceed from the station to T1 in order to try to check our bags already. However, if we then find out we are unable to already drop our bags for our connecting flight. The LH website doesn't say anything about earliest check-in time, but there seems to be a number of LH/LX flights departing throughout the day, so I guess there will be counters open, but not sure whether they can already take our bags. So, we might risk having to go from the station to T1, then find out we cannot drop the bags, go back to the station, drop the bags there, and go to the RER stop, which might cost more than half an hour of our already precious time.

Hence the question: can anybody confirm (or disconfirm, for that matter) whether it is possible to drop bags for a LH group flight already 7 or 8 hours before departure? Or are there any other suggestions?
you’d better ask in the LH forum IMO.