Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Systems down: Missing baggage claim

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2022, 11:34 am

Programs: KL Plat
Originally Posted by afmiami
the joke continues. Our bags have been at CDG since July 1st (I have air tags ). We have been in Italy until yesterday and today back to the US, and guess what? Bags are now at Milan Malpensa! I clearly stated on worldtracer that I was in Milan until the 11th, but evidently nobody checks that (as a matter of fact, worldtracer does not report anything new).
so, I don’t know if I have to laugh or to cry!
It would certainly appear CDG does no checking of worldtracer at all for these bags, they simply look at the (getting on for 2 weeks old) tag on the bag and send it on to that destination. Then it's up to the destination to do the complicated job of figuring where the bag should be, or not.

You'll likely see an update tomorrow on worldtracer that the bags are in milan and see what they have planned for them. Good luck!
Old Jul 13, 2022, 1:32 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold • AA Gold [1MM] • SPG Gold
Angry Bags Missing since July 2nd: Florence > Paris > Nairobi

• I am a lowly and recently-qualified Gold, and was flying Economy, and checked in one suitcase and one box
  • I flew Florence > CDG > Nairobi on Saturday, July 2nd just as the strike was getting underway
  • My flight from Florence to CDG was delayed for two hours post-boarding on the tarmac (due to the issued at CDG)
    • Originally I only had a 1h40m connection in CDG
  • I sprinted for my connection - which itself was 2 hours delayed - so I made the flight with time to spare
  • My luggage - unsurprisingly - did not
  • Upon arrival in Nairobi, I reported my luggage as missing
  • On July 3rd, Kenya Airways baggage handling (SkyTeam partner and part-owned by KLM•AirFrance) called me to say the luggage was being loaded on the 3rd, so to come collect them on the 4th in the morning
  • I went to collect them on the 4th - no luggage; the WorldTracer system said they were meant to be loaded on the 3rd from Paris
  • I went back on the 5th - still no luggage
  • I went back on the 11th, thinking a week would be sufficient - how I was wrong
  • After a long conversation with a great guy named Ryan at KQ, they sent a message on the system to chase the bags
  • On the 12th I get a call from Ryan telling me one of my pieces of luggage is in Nice
    • Nice (NCE) was not even anywhere on my trip
    • I am told one piece of luggage is on the flight on the 13th; no update on the second
  • The system has updated one piece of luggage to show the 13th
  • Fingers crossed, but not hopeful

Questions:
  • What compensation, if any, can I claim?
  • How should I go about it?
  • KQ is not offering any guidance, and all emails / messages to AirFrance go unanswered.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 9:39 pm
ofj

Programs: AF/KLM Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by AAmerican_in_London
  • I am a lowly and recently-qualified Gold, and was flying Economy, and checked in one suitcase and one box
  • I flew Florence > CDG > Nairobi on Saturday, July 2nd just as the strike was getting underway
  • My flight from Florence to CDG was delayed for two hours post-boarding on the tarmac (due to the issued at CDG)
    • Originally I only had a 1h40m connection in CDG
  • I sprinted for my connection - which itself was 2 hours delayed - so I made the flight with time to spare
  • My luggage - unsurprisingly - did not
  • Upon arrival in Nairobi, I reported my luggage as missing
  • On July 3rd, Kenya Airways baggage handling (SkyTeam partner and part-owned by KLM•AirFrance) called me to say the luggage was being loaded on the 3rd, so to come collect them on the 4th in the morning
  • I went to collect them on the 4th - no luggage; the WorldTracer system said they were meant to be loaded on the 3rd from Paris
  • I went back on the 5th - still no luggage
  • I went back on the 11th, thinking a week would be sufficient - how I was wrong
  • After a long conversation with a great guy named Ryan at KQ, they sent a message on the system to chase the bags
  • On the 12th I get a call from Ryan telling me one of my pieces of luggage is in Nice
    • Nice (NCE) was not even anywhere on my trip
    • I am told one piece of luggage is on the flight on the 13th; no update on the second
  • The system has updated one piece of luggage to show the 13th
  • Fingers crossed, but not hopeful

Questions:
  • What compensation, if any, can I claim?
  • How should I go about it?
  • KQ is not offering any guidance, and all emails / messages to AirFrance go unanswered.
As for compensation, I was flying IST - CDG - DTW (last segment on DL) on July 1st. I filed a delayed bag claim at DTW right after landing, along with about 80 other passengers. The rest had to wait to file at their final destination. Delta said that after 5 days, I could file a lost bag claim, which is what I did. They told me to expect an answer "within 30 days." I am not sure what the AF lost baggage policy claims are.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 12:29 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Delay policies are "reasonable expenses" I.e. Buy some clothes, some toiletries, as long as the bags are delayed. I have no clue if you bought stuff now, post facto, would AF still reimburse.

Further compensation would be after two or three weeks, bag is considered lost and then you can claim for contents.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 4:22 am

AF found my Bag in ICN . It's now on the way via CDG to HAJ.
Solevita likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 5:43 am

That sounds like CDG deals with lost baggage by sending it to a random airport and hoping the baggage handlers there will pair it to a PIR
Old Jul 14, 2022, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
That sounds like CDG deals with lost baggage by sending it to a random airport and hoping the baggage handlers there will pair it to a PIR
I guess the quote saying owners would be re-united with bags by Wed evening should have been more correct as "we'll make sure all the bags are gone from CDG... not our problem where they end up"
Old Jul 14, 2022, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge Vintage®) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Solevita
I guess the quote saying owners would be re-united with bags by Wed evening should have been more correct as "we'll make sure all the bags are gone from CDG... not our problem where they end up"
Not even sure that's right, either! 😅

I'm reading an article from FranceInfo (July 12) with a related video (broadcast on the evening news) that says 13000 bags are still stuck at Roissy-CDG. Air France claims they will be returned by July 14 (today!), while a union member says "in a month, minimum." What a disgrace! 😡😡

Au total, 13 000 valises seraient encore bloquées dans l'aéroport. En cause, selon ADP, une panne informatique, ainsi qu'une grève survenue le 1er juillet. Un Français, en vacances à Boston (Etats-Unis), n'a toujours pas récupéré ses bagages, et a dû racheter des vêtements pour toute sa famille. De son côté, Air France assure travailler jour et nuit pour réexpédier les valises. La compagnie a promis un retour à la normale jeudi 14 juillet. Un syndicaliste, lui, estime qu'il faudra "au minimum un mois".
Solevita likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 6:22 am

I got one of my bags a few minutes ago... luckily it was my bag, not the box.

It was in Nice, and was sent to Nairobi via CDG.

They have no idea where the box is.
blairvanhorn, wrp96 and Solevita like this.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 6:25 am

1/2 ain't bad, not good either. Supposedly my 'active' bag will finally be delivered this afternoon. GOT-CDG-TRN-CDG-GOT-CDG-BLQ. 2nd bag also still missing.
blairvanhorn and wrp96 like this.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge Vintage®) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club

AF's recent social media campaigns about efforts to reduce their carbon footprint just took a big hit! 😅

(Glad you got your bag back, hope the box shows up.)
Old Jul 14, 2022, 10:45 am

Nice wasn't event on my itinerary!

Originally Posted by blairvanhorn
AF's recent social media campaigns about efforts to reduce their carbon footprint just took a big hit! 😅

(Glad you got your bag back, hope the box shows up.)
Nice wasn't even part of my trip!

Let's see what happens... but not holding my breath for the box!
Old Jul 14, 2022, 10:55 am

Programs: FB Gold
I wonder if the bags get any UXP for the extra flights and trips they're being sent on....
remymartin and Solevita like this.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by mlin32
I wonder if the bags get any UXP for the extra flights and trips they're being sent on....
Why not, as long as AFKL marketed!
Goldorak likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 2:57 pm

Nice wasn't even part of my trip!!
I called it! Send it to a random airport and hope they'll pair it with the owner.

Originally Posted by Solevita
Why not, as long as AFKL marketed!
Alas. FB T&Cs do specify - original routing credit....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.