Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Systems down: Missing baggage claim

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2022, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by blairvanhorn
Not even sure that's right, either! 😅

I'm reading an article from FranceInfo (July 12) with a related video (broadcast on the evening news) that says 13000 bags are still stuck at Roissy-CDG. Air France claims they will be returned by July 14 (today!), while a union member says "in a month, minimum." What a disgrace! 😡😡
So Mr de Romanet is not taking care of this and delivering the bags himself ? What a huge disappointment
blairvanhorn and spongenotbob like this.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge Vintage®) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Goldorak
So Mr de Romanet is not taking care of this and delivering the bags himself ? What a huge disappointment
I think gros bébé is asleep now, we wouldn't want to disturb Son Excellence. But seriously, this is just outrageous and shameful ("la honte") for ADP and Air France.

Can anyone tell me again how many tourist dollars/euros are brought to France annually?
Old Jul 15, 2022, 3:52 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
It does not seem to me that people are working around the clock to get that sorted out.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 9:06 am

Programs: SEN LH Hyatt Globalist AA EXP
Nobody at Air France is helping. I am at day 15 since bags were misplaced, nothing on worldtracer. CDG got rid of our bags and sent them to MXP, where they have been idle for 3 days. I know this only because of Air Tags, not because somebody told me. Nothing I can do, other than canceling AF from my future travel plans
Old Jul 15, 2022, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by olivedel
It does not seem to me that people are working around the clock to get that sorted out.
It seems to me they are working around the clock to make sure this DOESN’T get sorted out.

Per convention, on day 21 the bags are officially declared lost and AF need only pay you a small pittance of what your things were probably worth. Small financial loss for AF, “victory” for the unions. Who cares about the customer.
olivedel likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 3:32 pm

Apparently AF reported to DL that as of this morning they’ve cleared 85% of the backlog at CDG. There is no ETA for when that will be 100%.

Personally I believe this is another lie since I’ve been reading anecdotal reports this weekend of flights leaving CDG with zero bags loaded.

Is this what “taking elegance to new heights” feels like?
Old Jul 16, 2022, 6:54 pm

My Bag arrived today from ICN after 16days. Original route: CGD-HAJ
Goldorak, Fabo.sk and Solevita like this.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 3:23 am

Programs: KL Plat
18 days later, 1 bag still missing, the 2nd seems to have made it to Bologna, Thursday morning somebody called to say the bag would be delivered in the afternoon... Well that didn't happen so now that bag's status unknown.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Many European airports have bag chaos. In part due to various labor actions.
In France, it seems that some airport employees took the additional action to reroute some bags randomly.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 4:53 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold • AA Gold [1MM] • SPG Gold
Originally Posted by brunos
Many European airports have bag chaos. In part due to various labor actions.
In France, it seems that some airport employees took the additional action to reroute some bags randomly.
Sounds EXACTLY like what happened to my first bag.

In other news, my second piece of luggage (a box) made it to me yesterday. It was supposedly in Paris CDG the entire time and even had a tag dated July 3rd, but only made it to Nairobi late on Thursday, and no one bothered to call me to tell me until I called on Saturday to follow-up.

Bags are all here, but what a sh*tshow!
miles4CDG and Solevita like this.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 11:52 am

Programs: SEN LH Hyatt Globalist AA EXP
Did anyone filed a claim to Air France for emergency expenses? Any reply from them? None here
Old Jul 21, 2022, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by afmiami
Did anyone filed a claim to Air France for emergency expenses? Any reply from them? None here
Oh yes, I've filed claims.

I filed a claim for emergency expenses on the outbound trip (since they lost our bags at CDG for 2-7 days in that direction).
I filed EU261 claims for the return (since they delayed the return by 24 hours).
I filed a claim for the one bag that seems to be gone forever now (lost on the return, 21 days ago).

All are "in progress" or "received" with absolutely no updates, some approaching 30 days old now.

I think soon I will be looking for a EU-based law firm to take the next steps. Got any suggestions?
afmiami likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 1:51 pm

Programs: KL Plat
Hoping to file the 'delayed luggage' expenses tomorrow, and it's now 21 days with no luggage so I guess time to go for lost luggage compensation too.

If they pay out for the lost luggage then the luggage does turn up, do you then end up with payment and luggage or...?
Old Jul 21, 2022, 7:42 pm

Programs: Iberia Gold, United Silver,
Hi guys, my world tracer odyssey is a non-stop. I was connecting the 16th Arlanda Stockholm to JFK New York. Bag never arrived and opened a PIR Report. Next day a flight plan shown up AY029 to JFK. However after this suddenly forwarding details show ARN to ARN (same city) Anyone has experienced that?? Bag not going forward on the system but being stuck in the same airport despite having a previous programming to go forward??
Old Jul 24, 2022, 3:46 am

I'm still waiting for my bags that went missing on 1st July.....

Unfortunately I didn't use AirTags, so have no idea where my bag is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.