Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Systems down: Missing baggage claim

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2022, 8:48 am

Programs: Iberia Gold, United Silver,
Originally Posted by GLOBETROTTISTA
Hi guys, my world tracer odyssey is a non-stop. I was connecting the 16th Arlanda Stockholm to JFK New York. Bag never arrived and opened a PIR Report. Next day a flight plan shown up AY029 to JFK. However after this suddenly forwarding details show ARN to ARN (same city) Anyone has experienced that?? Bag not going forward on the system but being stuck in the same airport despite having a previous programming to go forward??
Hi all, mine was found finally in JFK. Where the f. are the laws to protect consumers. That is a shame
Old Jul 25, 2022, 11:51 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold • AA Gold [1MM] • SPG Gold
Late / Missing Baggage Claim

I (finally) put in my claim today; details below for reference.

Let's see what happens; I will keep you all posted.
July 2nd: Arrived in Nairobi, and no bags
July 3rd: Was called and advised bags were loaded and to collect on July 4th
July 4th: Travelled to airport (JKIA) to look for bags - no bags
July 5th: Travelled to airport (JKIA) to look for bags - no bags
July 6th to July 10th: Called daily but no updates
July 11th: Travelled to airport (JKIA) to look for bags - no bags // Connected with Ryan (KQ Baggage Handling) who advised one bag was in Nice (NCE) and one bag was unaccounted for
July 13th: Ryan (KQ) advised the bag was confirmed to be in Nice, and would be routed to Nairobi
July 14th: Was proactively advised by Ryan that bag arrived; travelled to Airport to collect one piece of luggage
July 16th: Was proactively advised by Ryan that box has arrived; box delivered to my house

My Claim
1. Travel to the airport four 4x: Taxi @ $20 + Tolls of $6 + Parking of $15 per trip = $41 x 4 = $84
2. Purchase of clothes: 4x Boxers@$10 + 4x Shirts@$50 + 1x Jeans@$55 + 1x Trousers @ $60 + 1x Shorts @ $40 + 1x Blazer @ $100 + 1x Sweater @ $60 = $555
3. Purchase of toiletries: $21

Total = $650
Originally Posted by AAmerican_in_London
Sounds EXACTLY like what happened to my first bag.

In other news, my second piece of luggage (a box) made it to me yesterday. It was supposedly in Paris CDG the entire time and even had a tag dated July 3rd, but only made it to Nairobi late on Thursday, and no one bothered to call me to tell me until I called on Saturday to follow-up.

Bags are all here, but what a sh*tshow!
Old Jul 25, 2022, 3:09 pm

So to those who know the EU laws well, how long can AF simply sit on a claim without responding?

Isn't there a very specific timeline both for EU261 claims and for "incidental expenses" claims?

What legal remedies are available for when AF chooses to ignore those timelines?

Thanks FT!
Old Jul 25, 2022, 3:17 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AF Silver
Baggage issues are still ongoing. Yesterday's CDG-SFO flight (AF88) left without most of the bags loaded. I had a tracking email with a case number for 2 bags of them before we landed. The 3rd wasn't there either so had to deal with submitting the paperwork for that at the airport.
One has an Airtag in it and I can see it is still in Paris.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 3:28 am

Programs: KL Plat
Finally the bag that's been sat at CDG since the 30th has miraculously been correctly scanned today in CDG and should be on its way to GOT this evening. As for the bag that seemed like it was going to be delivered in Italy 2 weeks ago, that's still AWOL.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 7:47 am

Do you get an email from worldtracer when there is a update - e.g. your bag scanned in CDG? I find myself checking multiple times per day....
Old Jul 26, 2022, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by 8420PR
Do you get an email from worldtracer when there is a update - e.g. your bag scanned in CDG? I find myself checking multiple times per day....
Nope, not sure when emails are sent from Worldtracer. Indeed annoying no contact seems to be made until it's out for delivery.

Maybe there's a "Sorry couldn't find your bag, case closed" email sent when things don't quite go to plan...
Old Jul 26, 2022, 6:06 pm

From the AirTag my bag moved today from A to B. Anyone know if that is a good sign or not?

CDG airport Terminal 2E showing 2 locations where airtag in a bag was located.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by jamesn00
From the AirTag my bag moved today from A to B. Anyone know if that is a good sign or not?
I interpret this as a good sign
Old Jul 28, 2022, 1:23 pm

Indeed. One bag arrived this morning and 2 more are apparently on the flight that arrives this afternoon.

The bag apparently moved from B to the building to the bottom left of A for about a day before moving to the plane.
Goldorak likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 4:05 pm

My CDG hostage bag arrived tonight, 4 weeks and 8 hours after checking it in.

The worldtracer file is a complete mess. The 1st bag which was attempted delivered home whilst we were still away and since then been at status 'delivery process initiated' despite it being subsequently forwarded on to Bologna, is still missing. Looking closer again tonight, the delivery of the 2nd bag has actually been attributed to the 1st bag, so the 2nd bag is still apparently lost, whilst the 1st bag has been delivered!
Goldorak and wrp96 like this.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 7:26 pm

30 days missing now. Not one single scan since the bag arrived in CDG early the morning of 01July.

The Delta baggage folks seem as exasperated with AF as anyone else. They told me AF doesn't scan anything in CDG anymore. Once in a while some bag pops up in one of DL's hubs, they have no idea why or when it might happen. Not shockingly AF is blaming everything on strikes now. Funny, I don't recall a 30-day-long strike recently.

I think I'm actually done with AF/KLM now which, being mostly a Delta customer, makes things interesting going forward.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by spongenotbob
30 days missing now. Not one single scan since the bag arrived in CDG early the morning of 01July.

The Delta baggage folks seem as exasperated with AF as anyone else. They told me AF doesn't scan anything in CDG anymore. Once in a while some bag pops up in one of DL's hubs, they have no idea why or when it might happen. Not shockingly AF is blaming everything on strikes now. Funny, I don't recall a 30-day-long strike recently.

I think I'm actually done with AF/KLM now which, being mostly a Delta customer, makes things interesting going forward.
DL can complain about AF or KL, but with the mess they have in the US and the way they treat their customers, they should remain humble and clean their house IMHO before blaming it on others...
Old Jul 31, 2022, 10:07 am

Wanted to get your guy's take on my situation as the people here seem to know CDG better than anyone. My bag has been sitting at CDG for the last 36 days and I'm starting to lose hope.

41 days ago I flew LH BER-FRA-CDG. My bags arrived at CDG 5 days later, as per my AirTag, but at that point I had left Paris. I'm trying to get the bag sent home to Canada.

The bag sat at location #1 with zero movement until 5 days ago. One LH agent gave me a phone number for the baggage desk near #1. I'm not sure who exactly I talked to there, but they answered only once. During that call the lady spent 10 min searching and was able to find and confirm she had my bag, and then told me the AC flight numbers it would be taking to get home to Canada. Since then, it moved to location #2 and sat there for the last 5 days. It moved to location #3 and back to #2 at least twice that I've been able to see on my AirTag. It's currently back at location #2. Worldtracer never showed my bag was scanned at CDG and is now saying my file is closed.

Does anyone know what is located at location #2? Is it being there a good sign?

Old Jul 31, 2022, 4:52 pm

Programs: Southwest, Alaska, United, American Airlines
The correct answer for all bags delayed more than 21 days is to accept that it is indeed "LOST" and file a claim for final settlement, reimbursement of interim expenses, and any additional compensation AFKL feels like giving. As a FB Plat, I received a litany of bad info and outright lies about the disposition of my bag over the last three weeks, and now at day 22 I am in no mood to give a further extension of time.

Business execs respond to mounting payout claims, not customer pleas for help and accurate info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.