Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Systems down: Missing baggage claim

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2022, 4:39 am

Programs: KL Plat
Originally Posted by On Time Reports
Are the systems being down also impacting Worldtracer?

I cannot view my file anymore on Worldtracer as it gives the folllowing message:
Can still view my file fine.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 3:28 pm

Does anyone got the luggage back? Still no news in worldtracer....
Old Jul 5, 2022, 7:30 pm

Has anyone news about the missing bags?
Old Jul 6, 2022, 12:00 pm

I have a missing bag from a 4 hour connection in CDG on 1st July....

The "Air France CEO message" email said:

I would also like to assure you that all of us at Air France are working tirelessly at your service to resolve each individual situation, in particular in terms of baggage forwarding, which may have been delayed last Friday due to industrial action outside of our control that have greatly disrupted the operation of baggage sorters. Re-routing all delayed baggage will take up to several days. Aware of the difficulties this causes you, we thank you for your patience.
I guess it is chaos currently in CDG, with mountains of bags waiting to be processed....
Crosbylafayette likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by 8420PR
I guess it is chaos currently in CDG, with mountains of bags waiting to be processed....
Yes, we have seen them on TV
Old Jul 6, 2022, 2:44 pm

I flew CDG to LAX on July 1st, missing 2 bags... it was a mess there. Has anyone gotten their bags back yet?
Old Jul 6, 2022, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge Vintage®) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
Very sorry for all the missing luggage. But rest assured, the CEO of Aéroports de Paris (ADP) is on the case! 🙄🙄🙄

This is the guy in charge of your luggage! 🤭
spongenotbob and Solevita like this.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by 8420PR
I have a missing bag from a 4 hour connection in CDG on 1st July....

The "Air France CEO message" email said:

I got that email, got about halfway through it and figured it was just some corporate spiel, so missed the paragraph 'hidden' near the end about the 30 June issues. Was this email targeted at pax who flew 30 June or to everyone? Personally, an email specifically mentioning the 30 June issues as the focal point would have been a good start, but to bury it amongst a somewhat unrelated email seems a bit odd - strike issues vs COVID recovery, not exactly the same.

"Re-routing all delayed baggage will take up to several days" Normally "up to" is connected to a fixed number, as in not more than X, but if X is not clearly defined (several) then it loses meaning. Just nitpicking whilst waiting for luggage
Old Jul 6, 2022, 6:25 pm

Three bags of ours have been held hostage at CDG since 01Jul. They only had 9 hours to transfer the bags from AF to DL so I can understand the incredible difficulty in this task.

I don’t need any more condescending emails from the Air France CEO, I want them to load the bags on any US-bound flight.

PS: Absolutely no updates whatsoever on the tracking site. Delta tells me that AF baggage in CDG is no longer responding to any of their messages, or answering the phones at all.

Very Impressive showing.
Solevita likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 9:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
I drove to the outstation and filled in a PIR three days ago. I still have not received any communication from Air France or a tracking/issues number. The manager I spoke to was apologetic but also said they have no information and to expect the worst.

According to this article, there are over 17,000 bags piled up at CDG right now due to not only the strike, but also the breakdown of the baggage system (and no one to fix it).

https://www.tf1info.fr/voyages/17-00...a-2225359.html
blairvanhorn likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by Solevita
"Re-routing all delayed baggage will take up to several days" Normally "up to" is connected to a fixed number, as in not more than X, but if X is not clearly defined (several) then it loses meaning. Just nitpicking whilst waiting for luggage
I think the "up to several days" was probably something like "up to 30 days" but they changed it at the last minute.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 2:04 am

One of my bags has updated now, apparently it's set to fly TRN-CDG-GOT this evening. Errr Hello, I'm still in Italy?!

Called the Italian number on the PIR form, got quickly connected to an Italian guy who seemed to have no grasp of English and hung up. Tried again but gave up after 5 mins waiting. Googled the number and it just seems to be a general AF number for Italy, nothing specific to lost luggage. Tried the Swedish Platinum line and after 45 minutes got connected to an agent who after putting me on hold again said he'd sorted it to get delivered to me in Italy and not head to GOT tonight, also the other bag is located in CDG and will be coming too.

I'm hoping he's correct, Worldtracer still shows the first bag going to GOT and no info on the 2nd...

Last edited by Solevita; Jul 8, 2022 at 8:20 am
Old Jul 8, 2022, 10:36 pm

9 Days later, one bag still missing, whereabouts unknown.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 6:22 am

Programs: Flying Blue
A week after the meltdown in CDG the luggage havoc seems to continue. I've checked one bag in CDG for the late flight to BER on friday the 8th. On arrival, piles from suitcases and bags were picked by luggage handlers from the belt - I suppose that they were delayed from former flights. Alas, my bag didn't reach Berlin. Let's see how it will take to arrive at my home...
Air France is indeed very aware of the situation: they send me before the flight a SMS stating that "due to operational restrictions baggage check in is only available within two hours before the flight". On the other hand security procedure is relatively swift in CDG (on the contrary to BER) and cancellations don't happen as often as with Lufthansa, making the flight experience with Air France relativly pleasant - minus the missed bag, so don't check any or do gate check if possible (gate checked luggages did arrived).
Old Jul 9, 2022, 11:38 am

Programs: FB Gold
If you think BER is bad, you should see the chaos that is Frankfurt at the moment.
Err..France likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.