Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The AF long-haul business class catering photo thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2022, 3:10 am

Of course taste is a personal thing, but of the airlines I regularly fly I would choose AF for drinks and TK for food.
Edit: in J.

Last edited by Stil; Jun 18, 2022 at 3:17 am
Old Jun 20, 2022, 9:10 am

Flew Air France J from YUL-CDG and was underwhelmed with the food service in general. As the flag carrier of a "gastronomical" country, I was expecting it to be better than what I usually get flying with Air Canada, but it was pretty much equal
Old Jun 20, 2022, 9:29 am

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by hoipolloi
Flew Air France J from YUL-CDG and was underwhelmed with the food service in general. As the flag carrier of a "gastronomical" country, I was expecting it to be better than what I usually get flying with Air Canada, but it was pretty much equal
Not sure if the same holds true for Canada, but the catering for TATL flights eastbound from the US is usually médiocre as it's mostly sourced from the US with whatever catering partner they have at that airport. So your meal might have come from the same factory that makes the food catered on AC.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 12:20 am

Programs: AF/KLM Platinum Ultimate, VA Velocity Platinum, ALL Platinum
Just got off CDG-BKK, following recommendations here I went for the veal. Turns out there was an error in catering and a beef with mashed potatoes was loaded instead. Meat was tender but I wasn't a fan of the wine flavoured crumbs on top. Everything else was the same as above.

Went for the mozzarella scrambled eggs for breakfast and that ended up tasting rather good for eggs on a plane.

Last edited by Digicola; Jul 1, 2022 at 1:11 pm
Old Jul 18, 2022, 2:39 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Not many posts about July long-haul J catering so here is my contribution:

AF178 CDG-MEX 12 Jul:

Lunch menu

Pre-arrival menu

Wine list

Smoked salmon, citrus fruit sauce, plain cooked vegetables, cilantro coulis

Braised beef cheek, potato mousseline, damson chutney, sprinkled tarragon

PDO Selection: Crottin de Chavignol, Fourme d'Ambert and Cantal cheeses

Pistachio macaron by Philippe Urraca, raspberry cream puff, Opera cake
Ice cream

Duck shepherd's pie sprinkled with herbs
Crunchy vanilla cream puffs
Fruit tartare and pistachios

All in all, very decent meal and did not leave one hungry. Especially the lunch starter and main were good. I gambled and pre-ordered the beef but it turned out to be very good and not dry at all. Pre-arrival meal was not too bad, either.

Service was also pleasant throughout the flight, the only gripe being that IFE at my seat was acting up and resets did not fix that.

Last edited by esledo; Jul 19, 2022 at 6:47 am
Old Jul 19, 2022, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
What's with that fashion of doing everything-possible-except-rice risotto with almost every dish?!

And I agree that beef cheek looks nice (in my experience, starters and desserts on AF J are invariably very good, the cheese is now always the same, which is frankly a bit boring for a country which has more than 500 types of them despite those three being ok, but it is the mains which can really vary widely in quality from ghastly to great via "sounded wonderful on paper but what have I got myself into here??!").
Old Jul 20, 2022, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by orbitmic
What's with that fashion of doing everything-possible-except-rice risotto with almost every dish?!

And I agree that beef cheek looks nice (in my experience, starters and desserts on AF J are invariably very good, the cheese is now always the same, which is frankly a bit boring for a country which has more than 500 types of them despite those three being ok, but it is the mains which can really vary widely in quality from ghastly to great via "sounded wonderful on paper but what have I got myself into here??!").
the AF J drinks menu looks quite poor since a couple of months with as well recurrent wines with few rotation. We’ve seen in J much better champagne than the basic Duval Leroy .
orbitmic likes this.

Last edited by Bullspread; Jul 20, 2022 at 11:48 pm
Old Jul 21, 2022, 12:16 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor Le Club, Hilton HHonors, Hertz Gold Plus, Avis Preferred
YVR-CDG
I took the chicken, which was dry.

No bacon for breakfast.

orbitmic likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by milesaddict
CDG-GRU 03/06

I booked the veal prior to the flight. It turned out to be perfect. I vouch for it ! The breakfast was not so good, the bun being soggy, I just ate the salmon.

Is it possible to pre book a main course while flying AF J? How long before the flight do meal options appear online? I fly CDG - MEX in a few weeks. Thx :-)
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 1:01 pm

Programs: FB plf; IB oro; LA black
Originally Posted by 108912
Is it possible to pre book a main course while flying AF J? How long before the flight do meal options appear online? I fly CDG - MEX in a few weeks. Thx :-)
In my case two weeks before the flight.
milesaddict and Eagle2000 like this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by 108912
you receive an email a few days before the flight.
108912 likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
CDG-BOS
Main course is beef. Everything was good
PS : I enjoyed the mustard with my beef, as it is now impossible to find mustard anywhere in France . I have found French mustard in BOS, I have bought a couple to bring back home...

Old Jul 26, 2022, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
PS : I enjoyed the mustard with my beef, as it is now impossible to find mustard anywhere in France . I have found French mustard in BOS, I have bought a couple to bring back home...
Plenty of mustard here in San Francisco, even "Dijon" ones! (I was at my local supermarket today and made a point of looking for mustard.) I hope the shortage will not last much longer in France.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 12:05 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor Le Club, Hilton HHonors, Hertz Gold Plus, Avis Preferred
CDG-BOS
Main course is beef. Everything was good

I had the same on CDG-YVR and everything was good as well.

I was disappointed by the absence of foie gras. I thought it was always served when flying AF long haul J from CDG (similar to caviar in P)?
Old Jul 27, 2022, 5:10 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Incidentally, my bag that went to IAD instead of France also contained Dijon to feed the locals 😅

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.