The AF long-haul business class catering photo thread

Old May 16, 2022, 4:10 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
CDG-YVR

I liked the meal, globally (much better than KLM on return). I took the veal with pea risotto. This was light and tasty, I found it good.

dcmike, orbitmic, Goldorak and 1 others like this.
Old May 16, 2022, 11:44 am

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak
If this is AF022, the catering is really bad on this flight.
I'm on this flight in August. Can you describe what's so bad about it?
Old May 18, 2022, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by orlandodlplat
disclaimer to start : I havn't taken it since covid, so things may have changed

They have been quite hesitant about which service to adopt for this flight. Historically (and I think, that's still the case now), the main meal was breakfast (or something they called "brunch" and served quickly after take off, and then light collation before landing. J breakfasts are usually poor on most airlines (at least on AF), so this is a poor quality meal and the collation is uninspiring. At one point, they reversed the service and served a light breakfast collation shortly after take off and a full lunch before landing. This was much better and I was very disappointed when they reversed to the former service. They said it was based on customer feedback .
milesaddict and orbitmic like this.
Old May 18, 2022, 2:29 pm

Programs: FB

Duck lasagna
sorry for the poor lighting. This is the duck lasagna on the same menu as above. I'd describe it as slow cooked and pulled (not quite rillettes), then combined with a little finely-diced carrot, folded into a single sheet of egg-and-flour pasta fresca, covered with some wilted spinach, flanked by some bolets and overcooked peas, and served with a rich sauce (port based?). It tasted better than my photograph
the shrimp tartar featured gari and diced mango.

The other collation meal "ravioles with Comt cheese" was a starchy, fatty mess topped with creme fraiche and mushrooms. It was not a success, although the mushrooms were decent.

Last edited by BubbaX; May 19, 2022 at 9:19 am
Old May 18, 2022, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by orlandodlplat
This was the menu on AF022 CDG-JFK morning departure in November 2018. I had the crepes. The meal was AFs usual oddball catering, at least to an American palate.
I mean, pastrami and chicken FOR BREAKFAST?! And again with the pineapple!!

Old May 24, 2022, 7:30 pm

Programs: AF/KL Gold, DL Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold Elite; Hilton Gold

Anyone have any pictures or opinion on this cod with lobster choice?
Old Jun 5, 2022, 10:02 am

Programs: AF Plat Ultimate, BA GGL, MS Elite
CDG-GRU 03/06

I booked the veal prior to the flight. It turned out to be perfect. I vouch for it ! The breakfast was not so good, the bun being soggy, I just ate the salmon.

Old Jun 5, 2022, 12:33 pm

Programs: FB plf; IB oro; LA black; ET silver
Originally Posted by Utskicat

Anyone have any pictures or opinion on this cod with lobster choice?
Beware it's cod with lobster flavoured beurre blanc (not with lobster itself) imho
Old Jun 5, 2022, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by milesaddict
CDG-GRU 03/06

I booked the veal prior to the flight. It turned out to be perfect. I vouch for it ! The breakfast was not so good, the bun being soggy, I just ate the salmon.

I had the exact same main meal (and choice) as you on CDG-YQB and I agree, it was delicious. The foie gras was at good temperature (very often it is super cold), the asparagus with the creamy sauce were very good and the veal was succulent. Frankly, this was one of my best AF J meal.
Herr are my pictures

Old Jun 16, 2022, 6:12 pm

Can someone please post a photo of what this actually looks like ?
Old Jun 16, 2022, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

I had the exact same main meal (and choice) as you on CDG-YQB and I agree, it was delicious. The foie gras was at good temperature (very often it is super cold), the asparagus with the creamy sauce were very good and the veal was succulent. Frankly, this was one of my best AF J meal.
Herr are my pictures

And I had the same menu to BOS a couple of days later. I took again the veal as it was super good. It's a problem when you fly several long-haul during the same month to the same continent as the menu is the same. But as long as it is good...
Old Jun 17, 2022, 1:18 pm

Programs: AFKL PLT, BA Gold, SK Gold, AY Gold, A3 Silver, LH FTL, IHG Gold, Marriott Silver
AF178/11JUN CDG-MEX
Business Class

Pretty much the same as previous posters have had, but I still thought I would post it as it was one of the better meals I've had on AF in a long time.

Starter Foie Gras and Asparagus

Main Duck Lasagne

Cheese plate

Dessert

Pre-arrival meal Ravioles
Old Jun 17, 2022, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA plat, Hertz, gold , Bonvoy gold,IHGplat
I see very few, if any pictures and discussions of the wines served in J. I just feel that they are becoming less interesting and of lesser quality.
remymartin likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Srklaw7
I see very few, if any pictures and discussions of the wines served in J. I just feel that they are becoming less interesting and of lesser quality.
no, not at all.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 3:04 am

no, not at all.
+1

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.