The AF long-haul business class catering photo thread

Old Mar 21, 2023, 7:31 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE. BA-Gold
Originally Posted by Xandrios
Ex CDG yesterday. I liked the shrimp dish. Quite tasty!

Sweet! I preordered this for my CDG-YYZ leg!
Old Mar 25, 2023, 10:02 am

The starters were nothing spectacular but I was blown away by the duck "lasagna". The breakfast raviolis were... fine. CDG-ATL

The service was very rushed though, wondering if I should send AF an email about that

tff, Xandrios and Maestro Ramen like this.

Last edited by supercake; Mar 25, 2023 at 10:24 am Reason: resizing
Old Mar 25, 2023, 11:19 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Flew to CDG today on a very short 5,5 hr hop departing around midnight.

All courses, except mains, were served at the same time. Bit weird to receive dessert before the mains. But an hour before arrival there was also breakfast (which I skipped being still stuffed from dinner). The day flight ex CDG (same route) did not have that second meal service.

tff and Maestro Ramen like this.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 7:57 am

YYZ- CDG. This was tasty, duck breast. The bread was not a baguette as usual.

Teriyaki beef was well done, as in good.

Love this chilli sauce. One "dot" is all you need. Not always on flights.

One thing I detest is breakfast on flights, This was no exception.Yuck.
tff and Maestro Ramen like this.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 8:09 am

CDG to YYZ

I don't like raw fish so left it.

Pre-ordered and was excited to try this dish but was disappointingly bland.

Dessert are always good. Thank you Sugar!

I wish this "Light snack" is served on all AF J class flights before landing instead of the horrid breakfasts we get, lol.
tff, Xandrios and Maestro Ramen like this.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 6:19 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Its a pity that you didnt enjoy the shrimp dish; I found it an interesting flavour combo with the orange. Hope that you didnt mind that I recommended it

Tried the duck lasagna today. Probably Id call it more of a soft taco, as it has a single layer of dough around & shredded duck and sauce inside. Very duck-y and I liked it with the extra jus provided. Also worked well with the Bordeaux.

Second meal was chicken and was fine.

tff, Maestro Ramen and Eagle2000 like this.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by Xandrios
It’s a pity that you didn’t enjoy the shrimp dish; I found it an interesting flavour combo with the orange. Hope that you didn’t mind that I recommended it

Tried the duck lasagna today. Probably I’d call it more of a soft taco, as it has a single layer of dough around & shredded duck and sauce inside. Very duck-y and I liked it with the extra jus provided. Also worked well with the Bordeaux.

Second meal was chicken and was fine.

Oh, not at all, I actually pre-ordered the shrimp dish before you had posted on here. Win some lose some, it's all good!
Xandrios likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 11:25 am

Chicken with Foie Gras?

Hey all!

First post. Has anyone had the chicken stuffed with foie gras? I selected this on. my upcoming flight this weekend and was wondering if anyone had any pics/thoughts. Thanks!!!DISHPoultry parcel stuffed with foie gras, potato pure, Swiss chard
Old Apr 4, 2023, 11:29 am

Programs: AF/KL Gold, DL Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ABK86
Hey all!

First post. Has anyone had the chicken stuffed with foie gras? I selected this on. my upcoming flight this weekend and was wondering if anyone had any pics/thoughts. Thanks!!!DISHPoultry parcel stuffed with foie gras, potato pure, Swiss chard
Its been around for the last year and a half or so. Its one of my favourite dishes. The presentation like many is not that great, but the flavour is wonderful. If you scroll up there are several postings with it. Its more of a ground chicken, with foie gras mixed into it.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by Utskicat
Its been around for the last year and a half or so. Its one of my favourite dishes. The presentation like many is not that great, but the flavour is wonderful. If you scroll up there are several postings with it. Its more of a ground chicken, with foie gras mixed into it.
thank you!
Old Apr 5, 2023, 10:39 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Originally Posted by ABK86
Hey all!

Really nice. I even pre-ordered it the second time around on a TATL. Pairs well with the Bordeaux!
Old Apr 5, 2023, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by Eagle2000

CDG to YYZ

I don't like raw fish so left it.

Pre-ordered and was excited to try this dish but was disappointingly bland.

Dessert are always good. Thank you Sugar!

I wish this "Light snack" is served on all AF J class flights before landing instead of the horrid breakfasts we get, lol.
I was also very disappointed with the shrimp dish. Shrimps were way too cooked and the rest was tasteless. I did not eat it.
Eagle2000 likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2023, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
Really nice. I even pre-ordered it the second time around on a TATL. Pairs well with the Bordeaux!
thank you!
Old Apr 8, 2023, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
HND-CDG in J.
I ate a lot of fish in Japan, so I took the tournedos. As usual, I took the precaution to say that I wanted it max medium rare (otherwise they always serve it horribly well done) and the crew did a very good job. Meal was very good.
The carton cup you can see on the tray was miso soup proposed on top of what was in the menu. Soup was good, but serving it in a carton cup in J is not what you can expect.

Old Apr 8, 2023, 12:35 pm

Is it possible to get the dishes without the heavy sauce dumped on top?

Re: SFO-CDG, Pan-fried hake with a fava bean and truffle cream baby vegetables

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.