The AF long-haul business class catering photo thread

Old Aug 24, 2022, 1:56 am

Programs: FB plf; IB oro; LA black; ET silver
Originally Posted by TKtraveller
Golderak, thanks for your reply. I was indeed also surprised by the new timings as I also remember the flight as a night flight, like most flights to EZE from Europe. I also remember KLM had a day flight about 10 years ago before they extended it to SCL. On the way back to CDG is departs in the evening instead of the usual afternoon and would make me think it would be easier to sleep.
It seems that this (IMHO) bad timing is only for winter season due to a lack of airframes, for the moment for summer (northern hemisphere) 23 schedule is back to night flight with B789 7/7
Old Aug 24, 2022, 2:47 am

Programs: FB plf; IB oro; LA black; ET silver
AF229 17th of 08 Something different but...

....but I had exactly the same offer 3 years ago (08/19) BUT
2019 had a signature cocktail
2019 Champagne was Laurent Perrier (I do prefer)
2019 Had an amuse-bouche (jamon crudo y muza) (gone)
2019 Salt and pepper were in reasonable quantity
2019 Beef was cooked at my taste though cooking and serving conditions were rough on either trip
2019 the cheese was served after the main
2019 had ice cream
2019 had no ros wine (I am not against ros lovers but if AF wan't to offer ros in summer (though it was rather cold in B.Aires) why not cater one more wine instead of reducing white wine offer.
2019 had (on the menu, in fact I didn't notice them) some sandwiches for the " toute heure buffet" 2022 buffet was rather poor (champ,big bottles of water, sprite, coke and some chocolates and sabl.

Reports
http://youtripreport.com/reportdetails?Id=1046 (english and french)

http://youtripreport.com/reportdetails?Id=2404 (french)
milesaddict likes this.

Last edited by saraoutou; Aug 24, 2022 at 3:48 am Reason: links
Old Aug 30, 2022, 3:55 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Recently partook of the pre-flight dining option at JFK before AF11 (9pm departure), which is not technically in-flight dining but is the exact same meal as one would get on board. In this case, hopefully it's prepared better on board, because the main courses were terrible ... my fish and my husband's chicken were both completely devoid of flavor. That said, at least the option to dine in the lounge is nice for getting a bit more sleep on board.

Old Aug 30, 2022, 4:31 am

Programs: FB Gold
I think it's been mentioned before, but the catering ex-USA and maybe Canada are sourced from the US/Canada, so has a tendency to be mdiocre. I've yet to have any sort of meat dish leaving ATL/IAD/JFK that was good
orbitmic likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 4:37 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by mlin32
I think it's been mentioned before, but the catering ex-USA and maybe Canada are sourced from the US/Canada, so has a tendency to be mdiocre. I've yet to have any sort of meat dish leaving ATL/IAD/JFK that was good
That's fair enough, but living in NY I have certainly had good business class meals over the years on many flights out of JFK, so while AF may have better catering out of CDG, that doesn't excuse them offering what was -- at least for the main course -- at the apparent quality level of an Aeromexico or an Aerolineas Argentinas meal.
brunos and Bullspread like this.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 8:20 pm

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by mlin32
I'm leaving out of ATL in November. Should I stick with the vegetarian option in your opinion?
Old Sep 1, 2022, 2:36 am

Programs: FB Gold
I've never tried the vegetarian option on any airline......it's your call.

I just keep my expectations low regarding food on flights ex-USA, it seems like there just isn't much of a food culture there and it shows in the catering output.
Narongsuk and 747jetter like this.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by bgriff
That's fair enough, but living in NY I have certainly had good business class meals over the years on many flights out of JFK, so while AF may have better catering out of CDG, that doesn't excuse them offering what was -- at least for the main course -- at the apparent quality level of an Aeromexico or an Aerolineas Argentinas meal.
I am in Brazil right now having flown CDG - MEX (AF) MEX - GRU (AM).

I have to say that the AM catering (and indeed inflight product generally) very much exceeded expectations. The main course of Beef was excellent!
Goldorak likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 6:13 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by 108912
I am in Brazil right now having flown CDG - MEX (AF) MEX - GRU (AM).

I have to say that the AM catering (and indeed inflight product generally) very much exceeded expectations. The main course of Beef was excellent!
and make sure you get beef out of GRU too
Old Sep 7, 2022, 4:36 pm

Flew BCN - CDG - MEX on 1 SEP.

Gastronomy was certainly the strong point of the journey. Well, on the long-haul flight anyway. On the BCN - CDG leg we were offered a crew meal due to a 'shortage'.

Service, very inconsistent. The Chef who was looking after us on the short BCN - CDG flight was SO over the top friendly that it was a little TOO much with a 06:15 departure She was definitely the friendliest of the onboard staff we encountered. The flight CDG - MEX the service was nothing more than OK. Three of the J class crew relatively attentive, two completely dismissive, one borderline aggressive.

Was also pretty underwhelmed by the lounge at L gates despite reading rave reviews online. Although saying that, we were there during breakfast offering, which is seldom any airlines strong mealtime.

Foie gras terrine and blackcurrant onion confit, variation of artichokes. Very tasty.

Poached pollock with a curry and coconut sauce, black rise. Was pretty decent.

Pre arrival meal. Duck Shepherd's pie. Delicious.

Breakfast BCN - CDG (Crew meal)
Goldorak and pdeut like this.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 7:29 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

CDG-SFO, AF84 (10:45am departure), Sep 2022

Much nicer meal on the way back to the US than we had in the JFK lounge ... ultimately the fish was still kind of chewy and overcooked, which is hardly surprising on an airplane, but the sauce provided went a long way toward improving the flavor, so I am more inclined to blame the meal design and perhaps catering oversight for the poor meal I had at JFK rather than the food culture of an entire country, but perhaps that's just me.

pdeut likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 10:47 am

Programs: Former UA1K transitioning to WFBF mentality
AF431 - SJO (Costa Rica) to CDG

Nice flight on the A350 yesterday (Oct 2022).

Dinner menu:

Breakfast menu:

Wine list:

Appetizer:

Beef main - small portion, overcooked, actually not very flavorful (did not taste blue cheese for example). But fine for airplane food:

Breakfast - tasty, especially kiwi and pineapple and guava jam:

JOUY31 likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 11:17 pm

Programs: DL DM; AFKL FBE; ITA Exec
Originally Posted by marks88
Nice flight on the A350 yesterday (Oct 2022).

Dinner menu:

Breakfast menu:

Wine list:

Appetizer:

Beef main - small portion, overcooked, actually not very flavorful (did not taste blue cheese for example). But fine for airplane food:

Breakfast - tasty, especially kiwi and pineapple and guava jam:

This looks almost like pre-Covid AF J catering, which was reliably strong. I've had some good and some "just ok" in the past few months, but seem to always get the foie gras starter (I get it's to many people's tastes, but not mine... bad luck, as I'd rather have the lobster or the cevice or even just the lovely asparagus that sometimes appears in spring). My only complaint, which is very pedantic, is that the cheese course is serve so very cold... I have had some good crew (recent CDG-SFO was very helpful - qu'elle soit bnie la PNC) take it out an hour before and let it come to temperature. Other than than, it's been good service, the pre-order works well, and it doesn't hurt to have decent espresso... vabbn, non sanno fare all'italiana, ma ci si spetta :-)
marks88 and miles4CDG like this.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 1:09 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor Le Club, Hilton HHonors, Hertz Gold Plus, Avis Preferred
YVR-CDG

Old Oct 10, 2022, 11:28 am

Programs: AA plat, Hertz, gold , Bonvoy gold,IHGplat
Great pictures. Does anyone know if the Business wines and menu change in Nov on Long haul between West Coast and CDG?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.