The AF long-haul business class catering photo thread

Old May 7, 2022, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Looks nice and good, especially the starter which has never been seen before. Enjoy ZNZ, I was there last year and loved it
Old May 7, 2022, 3:11 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Looks nice and good, especially the starter which has never been seen before. Enjoy ZNZ, I was there last year and loved it
Unfortunately, I remained on the aircraft until the next destination, NBO and I am moving on tomorrow to a conference in KGL. ZNZ sounds much more attractive
Old May 8, 2022, 12:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge Vintage) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by JOUY31

Today on AF838 to NBO via ZNZ
Did you try that Saint-Estphe? I see a glass of red, so I am assuming so. 😏
Old May 8, 2022, 3:40 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Wasnt there a moment where they were going to upgrade the J service? Its still lots of stuff on a tray, and you have to eat when they tell you not when you want. I seem to remember that on some routes at least they had a dine in demand setup.
Old May 8, 2022, 4:20 pm

Programs: FB Gold
^Honestly with all the airlines in "save every centime" mode, I don't think AF would try and introduce that anytime soon.
Old May 8, 2022, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
I seem to remember that on some routes at least they had a dine in demand setup.
it didn't last long with the pandemic (I don't even remember if it started).
Old May 8, 2022, 4:25 pm

Pity. The food isn't half bad, the crews are mostly fantastic. But tray service, no choice of starters... that's all so NEV. I was hoping they'd do better.
Old May 8, 2022, 11:28 pm

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by blairvanhorn
Did you try that Saint-Estphe? I see a glass of red, so I am assuming so. 😏
Bien vu 😉
A bit light to my taste, but decent.
blairvanhorn likes this.
Old May 13, 2022, 4:42 pm

AF 813, night flight from NBO to CDG. I'd better forget about the subpar ground KQ services and focus on the great service by the PNC.

Nice starter, with foie gras and langouste.

I had tried the Saint Estephe on the way in. I elected to try the St Joseph on the way back, but as expected, it was a bit youngish...

The beef was really overcooked this time. I'll try the Goldorak (tm) approach next time 🙂.

And breakfast. I was dismayed, after boarding, that there was no mention in the printed menu of a hot dish on such a long flight. But the omelette was there, and it was just what I needed .

orbitmic, Goldorak and miles4CDG like this.

Last edited by JOUY31; May 13, 2022 at 10:54 pm
Old May 14, 2022, 10:33 am

For some reason I had thought that they had upgraded their longhaul J class catering. I haven't been eating a main meal in AF J class for a while (either just having the quick option or nothing or breakfast or flying in P ), but the pictures posted by JOUY31 remind me of some things we had been complaining about already eight or ten years ago. Still a tray service, desert and cheese packed on the tray right from the start, the main dish a complete eyesore looking like something supposed to be food having exploded in the plate, no choice of starters.... underwhelming. a pity actually, I had thought they'd be on the road of improvement.
Old May 15, 2022, 4:43 am

Will be in J for a CDG-JFK flight leaving in the morning on which, seemingly, breakfast will be the main course. Does anyone know what one should expect? Thank you.
Old May 15, 2022, 3:20 pm

Programs: FB
Dunno. Depends on how early in the morning and what your source of information is. At some point, about two weeks out, you should be able to select your main meal. I do that in the app, but it should work in the browser as well.
Old May 15, 2022, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Ellipsis1977
Will be in J for a CDG-JFK flight leaving in the morning on which, seemingly, breakfast will be the main course. Does anyone know what one should expect? Thank you.
If this is AF022, the catering is really bad on this flight.
Ellipsis1977 likes this.
Old May 16, 2022, 12:34 am

Haha. It is indeed AF022! Thanks for the warning. Best to eat in the lounge beforehand maybe?
Old May 16, 2022, 12:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Ellipsis1977
Haha. It is indeed AF022! Thanks for the warning. Best to eat in the lounge beforehand maybe?
Sure !
Ellipsis1977 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.