The AF long-haul business class catering photo thread

Old Dec 9, 2022, 10:00 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
The new wine list. I like the Gosset more than the Pommery, which was offered in November, unless I am mistaken.

Salmon starter

The beef was slightly overcooked. I had forgotten about the Goldorak (tm) protocol, but it was nevertheless enjoyable 😊

Crottin de Chavignol, fourme d'Ambert and Cantal with the (second wine of) Haut Marbuzet.

[MENTION=59414]San Gottardo[/MENTION], the cheese was brought after the main course and was not on the tray from the start. Waiting for dessert 😊

And the final touch 😊

😊
tff, Goldorak, miles4CDG and 5 others like this.

Last edited by JOUY31; Dec 10, 2022 at 4:11 pm
Old Dec 9, 2022, 11:59 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Goldorak
There's never mid-flight meal on AF J (and on any airline I have flown TBH). Snacks are available in the galley for hungry people.
True, however in September on CDG-SFO there was a note with the snacks in the galley saying a ham & cheese sandwich is available on request. It was just a little warm, and just OK.

Old Dec 10, 2022, 6:06 am

Programs: Flying Blue - Platinum
Does AF ever change the J meal flying from outstations back to Paris? I just got my
menu options for my flight from JFK to CDG next week, and its the same four dishes that they have served on every flight out of JFK for the last two years. Is that normal?
Old Dec 10, 2022, 1:39 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by Amil
hmm not sure what to go with. maybe the shrimp, or the chicken or the safe bet im sure is the mushroom risotto
What did you pick -- any pictures?
Old Dec 11, 2022, 10:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP.
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
What did you pick -- any pictures?
ended up cancelling my flight last minute.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 2:06 pm

Cod and salmon brandade. Not terrible but I wish i had gotten the mushroom instead

CDG - JFK
JOUY31, tff and hhdl like this.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 4:34 pm

Programs: FB
I dunno, but the choice between crpinette or bouilli de buf is getting rather unpleasant. On the other hand, that outbound egg-mayonnaise pastry with pickled onions is oddly a good way to prepare for the CBP cattle drive.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 8:24 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
12/31 af336 - cdg-bos -1335-1525 787-9

12/31 AF 336 CDG-BOS 1335-1525 787-9

The salmon was excellent

I enjoyed the chicken as well

Fun dessert and cheese set up

Lousy second meal. But the second meal going westbound is always lousy.
tff likes this.

Last edited by CMK10; Jan 3, 2023 at 7:03 am
Old Jan 3, 2023, 3:04 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
For the first time I am flying Air France Long Haul J (EZE) in March. This may be the wrong place but can one order in advance and if so where does it appear. My booking only shows special meals.

Thank you in advance.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 3:28 am

Programs: LH SEN; DL PM; Hertz PC; Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
For the first time I am flying Air France Long Haul J (EZE) in March. This may be the wrong place but can one order in advance and if so where does it appear. My booking only shows special meals.

Thank you in advance.
The option to select a (regular) meal will become available in the booking within about 1-2 weeks before departure. You may also get an email about this around then.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 3:46 am

Originally Posted by pdeut
The option to select a (regular) meal will become available in the booking within about 1-2 weeks before departure. You may also get an email about this around then.
As usual, within minutes of asking - one has an answer. Thank you very much - now to resume enjoying what Air France might offer.
blairvanhorn and Eagle2000 like this.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge Vintage) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
As usual, within minutes of asking - one has an answer. Thank you very much - now to resume enjoying what Air France might offer.
I think you should order the Happy Meal. Bonne anne, chre Pucci !
boss315 and Eagle2000 like this.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 10:06 pm

Thank you in advance.
I'm flying CDG -LAS in 2 days and there is no option to select a meal choice ahead of time, fyi
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2023, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by jkenn
I'm flying CDG -LAS in 2 days and there is no option to select a meal choice ahead of time, fyi
How interesting! I wonder what the Boys and Girls here think may have caused this. Maybe they think that anyone going to LAS cares less about what they eat? (I'm joking of course!)
Old Jan 4, 2023, 3:11 am

Originally Posted by blairvanhorn
I think you should order the Happy Meal. Bonne anne, chre Pucci !
Will they serve it clad as Ronald McDonald? Bonne Annee a toi aussi cher ami - que je suis contente de te retrouver ici. Tu me manques!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.