Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New CDG 2F Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2022, 7:56 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Apologies for kicking this older thread. I'm flying business intra-Schengen through CDG next week and will have close to 4hr in between flights. I'm wondering if there is a service desk in the lounge where I could request changing to an earlier flight - as there actually is an earlier flight available. Unfortunately just changing the booking is prohibitively expensive so I'll have to see on the ground if they will be nice enough to let me take the earlier flight (assuming there will be availability).

I remember there being some sort of service desk(s) on both sides of the lounge entrance (just after the BP scan gates), though usually these are unmanned. Is there another desk/place in the lounge for these kinds of requests that I may have missed previously?

As a side note. - I was under the impression that some fare types officially allow 'taking an earlier flight if available'. Unfortunately I'm not able to find any reference to that for business class fares. Does this benefit still exist at all?
Old Mar 12, 2022, 7:15 pm

Programs: FB:Plat ALL:Plat
Originally Posted by Xandrios
Apologies for kicking this older thread. I'm flying business intra-Schengen through CDG next week and will have close to 4hr in between flights. I'm wondering if there is a service desk in the lounge where I could request changing to an earlier flight - as there actually is an earlier flight available. Unfortunately just changing the booking is prohibitively expensive so I'll have to see on the ground if they will be nice enough to let me take the earlier flight (assuming there will be availability).

I remember there being some sort of service desk(s) on both sides of the lounge entrance (just after the BP scan gates), though usually these are unmanned. Is there another desk/place in the lounge for these kinds of requests that I may have missed previously?

As a side note. - I was under the impression that some fare types officially allow 'taking an earlier flight if available'. Unfortunately I'm not able to find any reference to that for business class fares. Does this benefit still exist at all?
I would recommend going to the transfer desk either in concourse 1 or 2.
last time, lounge desk was not able to do anything. Whereas transfer desk was able to accomodate the changes.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 6:16 am

Programs: AF, BA, SK, Marriott & Hilton
Xandrios you have a better chance to go to transfer desk on concourse 1 or 2 as TonyHe said.

also, you shall travel without any checked in luggage, in my past experience they are much more enclined to change your flight then.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 8:11 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Thanks both, much appreciated.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 3:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

(deleted)
Old Mar 21, 2022, 2:31 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
Historically, fares that allowed free changes allowed go-show on an earlier flight. Even at some point restricted Euro business fares were all allowing for go-show but in Z and O class I don't think it is the case anymore.
However now with all fares allowing free changes, not sure how that works. Perhaps it is still restricted by ticket type and only FLEX tickets allow it?
Old Apr 21, 2022, 1:54 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Diamond Club
Originally Posted by kauppias
So in my umteenth visit to the new 2F lounge this year since July I have only once been able to secure a clarins treatment...

If they cannot have more then one person working perhaps this could be prioritized for Platinum and above or something but even at 8am the day was fully booked, FULLY booked geesh 🤦😂
Is it still the case that one must arrive at 7am to book at spa treatment for 8 pm ? 😅
​​​​​​
​​​​​Or the waiting list is better managed nowadays ?

For the very first time, we can enjoy a spa treatment there if we arrive at the airport early next Sunday. So, if operational on that day, at what time it closes ?
Old Apr 21, 2022, 2:04 am

Programs: FB platinum
Originally Posted by flying_blue_white_red
Is it still the case that one must arrive at 7am to book at spa treatment for 8 pm ? 😅
​​​​​​
Probably, I've never been able to book one despite transiting quite often there There are only a handful of slots, and so many pax every day...
Old Apr 21, 2022, 2:07 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
​​​​​​

For the very first time, we can enjoy a spa treatment there if we arrive at the airport early next Sunday. So, if operational on that day, at what time it closes ?
It's a wee bit better than last year because now all slots can be filled (used to be 50% "because covid only spreads every 40 minutes"), but they do get booked fast.
Try to stop by the lounge around 7 AM if you want to book a morning treatment, or at 12 if you want to do it in the afternoon.

It's easy to get a spa treatment if you have a long layover, not so much if you won't spend more than 2h in the lounge.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 4:02 am

Programs: FB:Plat ALL:Plat
From what I remember, it's closed on weekends. Has it changed ?

Thks
Old Apr 21, 2022, 5:14 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Diamond Club
Originally Posted by maalloc
Try to stop by the lounge around 7 AM if you want to book a morning treatment, or at 12 if you want to do it in the afternoon.

It's easy to get a spa treatment if you have a long layover, not so much if you won't spend more than 2h in the lounge.
Thanks for the reply.
We depart from CDG in evening, so is it worth the risk to come 3-4 before to finally being stuck at the lounge without slots 😂 (if Spa is opened on Sunday) ?
Old Apr 21, 2022, 5:16 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Thanks for the reply.
We depart from CDG in evening, so is it worth the risk to come 3-4 before to finally being stuck at the lounge without slots 😂 (if Spa is opened on Sunday) ?
i believe it’s not open on Sundays :/
Old Jun 30, 2022, 4:58 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Fun fact: Today, FlyerTalk was blocking access from CDG 2F Lounge's Wifi network (without VPN).

I guess there are too many FTers posting from there
SkyteamEP likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 7:13 am

Programs: FB
My employer's website is also blocked from the 2F lounge wifi. I have no idea why.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.