Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New CDG 2F Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2021, 7:39 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Ultimate
I just asked the ladies in the office on the right side juste after the entrance to put the "Ready2Fly" label on my ticket. That was quite an adventure! Apparently they have never been trained to do it! But they were very cheerful and it was a lot of fun to experiment with them ;-)
Old Sep 18, 2021, 9:19 am

Are there any computers and printers so that people can print something?
Old Sep 19, 2021, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by sfvoyage
Are there any computers and printers so that people can print something?
[email protected]
Old Sep 19, 2021, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by Wil973
Care to elaborate?

If this means I can email my document to this address for printing, which salon and which printer does it get routed to?

In any case, my question was about the availability of a computer and a printer for self-service printing, for better privacy and confidentiality, i.e. no special handling by staff to print out something on my behalf and then handing it to me.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 10:16 pm

Care to elaborate?

If this means I can email my document to this address for printing, which salon and which printer does it get routed to?

In any case, my question was about the availability of a computer and a printer for self-service printing, for better privacy and confidentiality, i.e. no special handling by staff to print out something on my behalf and then handing it to me.
Oh sorry I didn't see any computer available .... But if you want to print something at CDG 2f lounge ...you will have to send to this email
Old Sep 20, 2021, 12:14 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by maalloc
A lot has been said about the new lounge, it is indeed night and day compared to the old 2F lounges. The view and the overall architecture are great and the free-flowing champagne and roaming macarons are a nice French Touch.

Well played, AF.

To complete pictures posted above, this is what the new showers look like. Again, it surpasses everything we had in 2F before. They are roomier than most Parisian bathrooms, have proper ventilation systems, and can be accessed without booking.

New 2F showers

As for the food offer, out of mealtimes it’s the old offer on steroids. The buffet is replenished more often, and there are hot Croque Monsieurs available.

Mid afternoon buffet (1 out of 3 stands)

The game changer for frequent commuters will be hot dishes if you got tired of the old 2F cold offering. There are 2 choices, hopefully they will rotate them more often than KL at their Crown Lounge.

Today’s Boeuf en Sauce could have been served at a Parisian Brasserie

AF really up’ed their game here. Let’s just hope the lounge doesn’t become too packed too soon - air traffic is still supposedly low but seats are already hard to find.

Ok, now I feel a bit stupid but where do they have the hot items and when? I have yet to see any hot fold in the lounge Perhaps I have not spent enough time there yet 😉
Old Sep 20, 2021, 12:24 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by kauppias
Ok, now I feel a bit stupid but where do they have the hot items and when? I have yet to see any hot fold in the lounge Perhaps I have not spent enough time there yet 😉
I’ve seen the hot meal at around 11:30, and as late as 14:00 (at which time it didn’t seem replenished anymore).
Even when the hot viandes en sauce are not served you can still find hot (and quite tasty) croque monsieurs.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 3:13 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Care to elaborate?

IIRC it works like so - you send a document to that email address, you receive back a code. Then you walk up to a printer (any lounge), put in your code, and it prints the document.
KLBGO likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
IIRC it works like so - you send a document to that email address, you receive back a code. Then you walk up to a printer (any lounge), put in your code, and it prints the document.
Thanks. So there is a printer at every AF lounge for DIY printing via this email address. Hope it works well.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 2:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I had a very good warm dish the other day at lunch : seafood rice, Nantua sauce

HalconBCN and SkyteamEP like this.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 3:11 pm

Programs: FB Gold
^They had that when I stopped by in correspondance late this morning. Indeed it was quite good !

The new lounge is a vast improvement as the others have mentioned. Bien fait.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 7:52 am

Food offering in 2F has been updated again.

The Croque Monsieur is now an Alsacian "Flamenkueche" with refreshing sides

For lunch hours, fish sticks are back, this time with a tasty pumpkin purée

Gotta say this new lounge F&B service is miles above what the former 2F lounges offered. With its frequent main courses change, it makes KL's AMS Lounge 25 look like a joke.
With the current state of in-the-air catering (and the trend being what it is), lounge offering might end up being a significant differentiating factor between both airlines
Old Nov 15, 2021, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Gotta say this new lounge F&B service is miles above what the former 2F lounges offered. With its frequent main courses change, it makes KL's AMS Lounge 25 look like a joke.
With the current state of in-the-air catering (and the trend being what it is), lounge offering might end up being a significant differentiating factor between both airlines
It seems to me that lounges have always been a differentiating factor between AF and KL. Catering in the AMS lounge 25 was already a joke pre-covid. Even the limited cold offer in the old 2F lounges was IMO on a different plane altogether to the canteen gloop and sandwiches at AMS (both at lounges 25 and 52). Wines are also better in the CDG lounges. Incidentally, now that AF has reverted to proper inflight catering in business on shorter flights, I also find the AF offering better than the KL one on comparable flights.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by NickB
Even the limited cold offer in the old 2F lounges was IMO on a different plane altogether to the canteen gloop and sandwiches at AMS (both at lounges 25 and 52).
Funny how similar customer priorities end up with totally opposite behaviours. Pre-covid, if I had a noon or evening layover, I would always prefer AMS over CDG.
For all its drawbacks, lounge 25 still had hot food and a relatively acceptable choice of salads and greens. In my opinion, CDG 2F F&B service was only good enough for breakfast or mid-day layovers, but stopping there could not replace a proper meal. Adding to that the poor seating options, I avoided these two lounges like the plague.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Funny how similar customer priorities end up with totally opposite behaviours. Pre-covid, if I had a noon or evening layover, I would always prefer AMS over CDG.
For all its drawbacks, lounge 25 still had hot food and a relatively acceptable choice of salads and greens.
I would always prefer CDG (even in old 2F) to AMS at whatever time of the day, as far as catering is concerned. I have not touched the warm offering at KL lounge in ages. I find it almost as unpleasant in taste as it is in appearance. As to the salad stuff, it feels like it has been especially grown to remove any trace of taste to it. The rocket has some vague trace of pepperiness but the rest tastes of nothing and is pure texture. That leaves us with the sandwiches/bread/ham/cheese. I prefer the breads available in CDG over AMS. As to the charcuterie, I think it is also of better quality in CDG. As to desserts, well, that is even more simple: there are simply no desserts on offer at AMS.

But you are right: de gustibus non est disputandum.

Entirely agree with you on seating though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.