Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New CDG 2F Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2021, 3:17 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
One other thing that always puzzled me is the zoo-like vibe of the 2F lounges compared to AMS.

Layovers can be taxing especially after a long haul; family trips with kids hard to manage... But I've never seen that many pax confusing the lounge with their living room in AMS. It seemed to be the norm in the old 2F lounges, and unfortunately the new lounge is catching up quickly.

The new sport seems to be to "reserve" a couch by sleeping on it. Bonus point for claiming more room by securing it with your shoes and/or luggage. No matters the time of day, or the fact that the lounge is packed. Lying down and using 5 seats for yourself is somehow normal in CDG. In AMS, they would probably build a pillow/suitcase fort on the 4x4 seats - but oddly enough I've never seen it there.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 10:13 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Do they actually have sofas in Amsterdam that one could stretch out on? And I can’t recall, but I think The seats are such that again the arm rests are big and immovable so that you can’t raise them and build your own sofa either.

another element where the designers of the new Paris Lounge have thought aesthetic and put in benches and sofas, instead of thinking of the tired family travelling from Detroit to Beirut in Economy but parents have a Delta card that gives them lounge access during the layover in Paris, so they and their five and 10-year-olds need to stretch their legs after having raided the buffet and managed to pile up eight croque monsieur on a plate for each one of them.

however, there is another bunch of travellers that add to the zoo like vibe in this and other lounges, which are the people that, while seated normally, do their video phone calls on loudspeakers instead of using their headsets. So annoying. I think these people should be kicked out of the lounge and put on a No Fly List. Or one of the airline staff which stand around doing nothing at the entrance could walk up to these passengers to remind them Basic rules of courtesy and consideration for others.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 8:27 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Do they actually have sofas in Amsterdam that one could stretch out on? And I can’t recall, but I think The seats are such that again the arm rests are big and immovable so that you can’t raise them and build your own sofa either.

another element where the designers of the new Paris Lounge have thought aesthetic and put in benches and sofas, instead of thinking of the tired family travelling from Detroit to Beirut in Economy but parents have a Delta card that gives them lounge access during the layover in Paris, so they and their five and 10-year-olds need to stretch their legs after having raided the buffet and managed to pile up eight croque monsieur on a plate for each one of them.

however, there is another bunch of travellers that add to the zoo like vibe in this and other lounges, which are the people that, while seated normally, do their video phone calls on loudspeakers instead of using their headsets. So annoying. I think these people should be kicked out of the lounge and put on a No Fly List. Or one of the airline staff which stand around doing nothing at the entrance could walk up to these passengers to remind them Basic rules of courtesy and consideration for others.
Just did a CDG-AMS-TRD roundtrip, and I honestly feel like the zoo has become worse with the new lounge . Impossible to get a seat on Friday morning and lots of noise in some areas!

In AMS there are sofa benches, but there is no space hoarding, it is possible to get a seat and people keep their headsets or AirPods on for phone calls and zooms. The food remains as bad as always though.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 12:10 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Or one of the airline staff which stand around doing nothing at the entrance
I recently figured out that these people (at least the ones inside of the gates) are supposed to be working at the AF service desk (directly on the right when entering). They were unable to add the ready2fly to my BP though.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 1:12 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
So in my umteenth visit to the new 2F lounge this year since July I have only once been able to secure a clarins treatment...

If they cannot have more then one person working perhaps this could be prioritized for Platinum and above or something but even at 8am the day was fully booked, FULLY booked geesh 🤦😂

Not a very premium feel if the success rate is less then 5%....

Just a thought.
I was surprised today to see cabin and flight crew of AF occupying 4 tables at the lounge... I did not realize they have access too 😃
Old Nov 20, 2021, 2:15 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by kauppias

Just a thought.
I was surprised today to see cabin and flight crew of AF occupying 4 tables at the lounge... I did not realize they have access too 😃
That surprised me too. I saw cabin crew in the lounge last week, in full work gear… an intriguing sight. Maybe this is a perk the unions got after November’s failed negociations? Then it would mean that, one year from now, the lounge will be reserved to them
Old Nov 20, 2021, 2:23 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Ultimate
Originally Posted by kauppias
If they cannot have more then one person working perhaps this could be prioritized for Platinum and above or something
I was recently invited for a survey about the lounge and this is exactly what I proposed ;-)
lynxy and kauppias like this.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 2:39 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by SpinEcho
I was recently invited for a survey about the lounge and this is exactly what I proposed ;-)
Have not received such a invitation myself but I did get a invite to a cocktail party of sorts next month with some AF MGT so perhaps I can give my feedback there 😂🍾🍾
jerry_greece likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Bet no-one reads those surveys. I think the lounge has a lot of potential, but I haven't massively enjoyed my visits so far. It's kind of difficult to get comfortable anywhere there. The food looks grim, a bit of a pig trough with everybody digging into it. I haven't touched it. I think I am more or less back to where I was before the pandemic, where I wouldn't touch the lounge food unless it's something that comes in a sealed packet. One possibly good area is the section upstairs where you can sleep on loungers. But generally, I think the use of space has been intelligently conceived.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 6:00 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Concerto
Bet no-one reads those surveys. I think the lounge has a lot of potential, but I haven't massively enjoyed my visits so far. It's kind of difficult to get comfortable anywhere there. The food looks grim, a bit of a pig trough with everybody digging into it. I haven't touched it. I think I am more or less back to where I was before the pandemic, where I wouldn't touch the lounge food unless it's something that comes in a sealed packet. One possibly good area is the section upstairs where you can sleep on loungers. But generally, I think the use of space has been intelligently conceived.
More or less agree. Good improvements is the environment, nice showers and champagne, hah. Because of it I now prefer AF within Europe over KL. But the food is lacking again.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 4:21 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Style over function

Sunday morning. Lounge quite full. Couldn't find 2 armchairs.

They have a capacity problem

Why did they install those long benches.

What did the designer expect? That passengers would respectfully sit on the bench in front of the table?

Couldn't they anticipate that people would lie down on them, using up the space for 3 or 4 seated people?

This is an AF lounge. Soooooo French. Style over function.

They could install dividers on those benches, like in the Paris metro, in order to prevent people from lying down on them

This would free up some seats, wouldn't it?
KLBGO likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by carnarvon
Sunday morning. Lounge quite full. Couldn't find 2 armchairs.

They have a capacity problem

Why did they install those long benches.

What did the designer expect? That passengers would respectfully sit on the bench in front of the table?

Couldn't they anticipate that people would lie down on them, using up the space for 3 or 4 seated people?

This is an AF lounge. Soooooo French. Style over function.

They could install dividers on those benches, like in the Paris metro, in order to prevent people from lying down on them

This would free up some seats, wouldn't it?
Dividers would remind me to much of the average US airport waiting area.... Which has not been changed/modified/face lifted/made for humans, since the sixties 😬

They could try to emulate LH's Senator and Business lounges armchairs. Man they are ugly, but extremely comfy and make good natural dividers, with out taking up space for 4 People.

I know, I know, in my dreams haha

I still think the lounge is beautifull from an Aesthetic point if view!
Old Nov 21, 2021, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by maalloc
One other thing that always puzzled me is the zoo-like vibe of the 2F lounges compared to AMS.

Layovers can be taxing especially after a long haul; family trips with kids hard to manage... But I've never seen that many pax confusing the lounge with their living room in AMS. It seemed to be the norm in the old 2F lounges, and unfortunately the new lounge is catching up quickly.

The new sport seems to be to "reserve" a couch by sleeping on it. Bonus point for claiming more room by securing it with your shoes and/or luggage. No matters the time of day, or the fact that the lounge is packed. Lying down and using 5 seats for yourself is somehow normal in CDG. In AMS, they would probably build a pillow/suitcase fort on the 4x4 seats - but oddly enough I've never seen it there.
Now that I think of it, the only place that you can be horizontal in the 52 lounge is in the "cinema". Could be wrong?
And No chance in the 25 lounge.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 5:22 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
The new lounge is certainly an improvement on previous and lots of light which is good. Struggled to find seats when we were last weekend but once we got one it was fine.

Had a wee bit of “sexism” from the AF gent helping people access the lounge. My wife was with me and when he saw us both walk towards the scanning machine he said “ sir, if you need to sigh a guest in you will need to go to the desk”.

My wife told him “this was not required as she was platinum and travelling on a business class ticket and was going to do the self scan too”. He did apologise and his female colleague beside him was grinning

Last edited by Billyfergus; Nov 22, 2021 at 12:32 am
Old Dec 22, 2021, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
the other day, they had a delicious veal + rice casserole 😋. The very good Croque Monsieur were still there. Really, it put the KL at AMS offering at shame.

I don't remember before this "sweet corner". New ?
NickB likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.