Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New CDG 2F Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2021, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
It’s not possible to access a 2E lounge when arriving there and connecting to Schengen. Of course, someone very familiar with the place could probably do it after negotiations with various persons (including security), but there is absolutely no point trying this. When arriving from NS and connecting to S, the priority should be to clear all formalities, especially immigration sheer the length of the lines are unpredictable, and then use the remaining time in the lounge near your departing gate. And, as others said, the new lounge being great, there is no need to wander around for other lounges IMHO.
SkyteamEP likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2021, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Xandrios
Thanks for the pictures. If I'm not mistaken the above is the main food station, right? I don't know at what time this picture was taken (mid day it looks like?), but for us regular 'non ulti's' that does look quite meager in terms of options. A few cold cuts and some sweets on the other side?
it was taken around 17:30. There are several food stations in the lounge. There was plenty of food available. At that time, it was more or less the same type of food we had in the other lounge + some warm quiches. A bit later they bring more types of cold cuts (of much better quality than what we had before) and some warm items like croque monsieur. I have seen some rice also.
Andy82 likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 2:18 am

Programs: FB platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak
it was taken around 17:30. There are several food stations in the lounge. There was plenty of food available.
Agreed, but from being there a few times in the past weeks, I feel like not all food stations have the full food offering at a given time. They are not very good at keeping the stock, so I've had to go and stop by a few stations to get everything I wanted. I agree, that's quite the first-world problem, but still 😛
The open champagne is very nice (about 8 to 10 bottles available yesterday evening for example, which is infinitely better than the previous lounges)!
SkyteamEP likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 11:22 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Agree with those that food options are quite meagre. And the ULTI space has close to nothing

The one thing I miss most (again, they were thinking "good looks" instead of "practical"): a departure screen in the ULTI space!! To know if a flight is boarding or not one needs to go out to the main lounge and walk to find out. A pity, when one can be nicely installed in the ULTI conference room, in a video conference, and just looking across the room to know whether it's time to go. Instead, interrupting the call, getting up, out, realising that there is a delay, going back, and repeating that because the delay information is most probably wrong anyway... A pity.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

The flight departures screen is indeed a big miss in the Ulti space. I asked the lounge attendant and she told me it’s on-going. Indeed there were some cables coming out of the wall and the device to hold the screens that were being installed.
San Gottardo and milesaddict like this.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 6:31 am

The flight departures screen is indeed a big miss in the Ulti space. I asked the lounge attendant and she told me it’s on-going. Indeed there were some cables coming out of the wall and the device to hold the screens that were being installed.
I was there last week and 2 PAX were having phone calls discussing loudly as they were alone in this « quite » lounge .
i still do not understand this kind of selfish and non respectful attitude.

It would be great if ULTI pax could be more disciplined and have their phone calls outside this mini lounge or have them in the private fishbowl .
KLBGO likes this.

Last edited by Bullspread; Sep 10, 2021 at 8:21 am
Old Sep 10, 2021, 7:08 am

How else would everyone know they are Important Businessmen with very Important Business to do.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by Bullspread
I was there last week and 2 PAX were having phone calls discussing loudly as they were alone in this « quite » lounge .
i still do not understand this kind of selfish and non respectful attitude.

It would be great if ULTI pax could be more disciplined and have their phone calls outside this mini lounge or have them in the private fishbowl .
Or use earphones and speak with a low voice. These little things are surprisingly effective, you can speak at a lower voice than even in a conversation with your vis-à-vis.

And BTW, what is even worse: people using loudspeaker of their phone or tablet to make phone or video calls. Not using earphones in such situations should be punishable by law.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by CyBeR
How else would everyone know they are Important Businessmen with very Important Business to do.
Really important business people will not talk in public at a loud voice about really important business matters. They understand the concept of confidentiality.
Zembla likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Really important business people will not talk in public at a loud voice about really important business matters. They understand the concept of confidentiality.
Yes, the self-important rarely are.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 3:25 pm

Programs: Flying Blue (plat), Eurobonus (gold), Accor (plat), Bonvoy (plat)
It’s not possible to access a 2E lounge when arriving there and connecting to Schengen. Of course, someone very familiar with the place could probably do it after negotiations with various persons (including security), but there is absolutely no point trying this.
Sorry to write the opposite : as canadavid suggests, you can !

When re-clearing security at 2E gates L towards the corridor leading to 2F, there is that (more or less hidden) entrance to the lounge.
Lounge staff will tell nothing, or just that you have to plan some extra time to make your way to 2F. And if scanning your BP onto the pole... No negotiation required either, it just works fine, if memory serves.
That being said, in this case I'd indeed proceed towards the brand new 2F lounge now.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 3:46 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
A lot has been said about the new lounge, it is indeed night and day compared to the old 2F lounges. The view and the overall architecture are great and the free-flowing champagne and roaming macarons are a nice French Touch.

Well played, AF.

To complete pictures posted above, this is what the new showers look like. Again, it surpasses everything we had in 2F before. They are roomier than most Parisian bathrooms, have proper ventilation systems, and can be accessed without booking.

New 2F showers

As for the food offer, out of mealtimes it’s the old offer on steroids. The buffet is replenished more often, and there are hot Croque Monsieurs available.

Mid afternoon buffet (1 out of 3 stands)

The game changer for frequent commuters will be hot dishes if you got tired of the old 2F cold offering. There are 2 choices, hopefully they will rotate them more often than KL at their Crown Lounge.

Today’s Boeuf en Sauce could have been served at a Parisian Brasserie

AF really up’ed their game here. Let’s just hope the lounge doesn’t become too packed too soon - air traffic is still supposedly low but seats are already hard to find.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 10:26 pm

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Greetings from the new lounge from an old regular. Nice lounge!
JOUY31, blairvanhorn and Goldorak like this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 4:32 am

I visited the lounge on 2 occasions: (1) Friday around 20.00, it was really busy, difficult to find a spot and food was renewed very slowly (at least in the upper floor) and (2) Sunday around 16.00. Then it was more manageable but still challenging to find clean spots. I am wondering how it is going to be after traffic returns to 100% levels (or has it?). Staff were hovering around though with champagne and macaroons.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 6:46 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
On an otherwise near-perfect lounge, AF really messed up their sleeping area.
They turned what was a wonderful idea into a torture chamber when they hired the same designer that invented their Premium Economy seats.

"Hello backpain my old friend. I've come to talk with you again." Why lie flat when you can curl up to sleep?

The good news is that, for those of us who miss long-haul, 20 minutes in these toboggans feel like 10 hours on a 777 in the fixed-shell W seats.

No wonder more and more people are treating the lounge as if it were a landside departure area, taking off their shoes and sleeping right on the sofas. Dignity aside, those are actually flat and comfortable.

Last edited by maalloc; Sep 18, 2021 at 8:22 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.