Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New CDG 2F Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2021, 11:10 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Ultimate
Originally Posted by Goldorak
I don't remember before this "sweet corner". New ?
It's been there from mid-October, I think.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 3:20 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I used the lounge for my first time on 12/30. I was very impressed. Lots of seating, nice widow views, decent liquor selection, decent food selection (though more hot options would have been nice). My only complaint was it was hard to find power outlets for three prong plugs though USB ports were easy to find.

Old Jan 5, 2022, 3:58 am

Programs: FB Ultimate | Hertz Platinum |
Originally Posted by CMK10
My only complaint was it was hard to find power outlets for three prong plugs though USB ports were easy to find.
Mind boggeling..... Complaining for the non-use of plugs that aren't standard use in the country you're visiting...
argonath, AurelAF96 and Rumples like this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 4:16 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Ultimate
My only complaint was it was hard to find power outlets for three prong plugs though USB ports were easy to find.
Were you willing to plug a washing machine or hammer drill ;-)?
Old Jan 5, 2022, 4:40 am

Programs: AF/KLM Platinum Ultimate, VA Velocity Platinum, ALL Platinum
Got to use the lounge extensively last month and I have to say I was impressed too. Sure the design is prone to people hogging seats and all but when you realise the lounge is mostly for elites it makes sense.

The lounge is lightyears ahead of anything on offer for intra european passengers, the food selection is decent (again you’re not really supposed to be spending too much time here) theres bubbly, the views are great, lots of natural light. I found myself sitting behind the comptoir or right above for the best views in a call environment.

I have yet to try the ulti section but having a place away from the crowd can only be a plus.
The clarins spa is absolutely phenomenal especially after an early morning start.
You can see AF staff is absolutely delighted to be there and proud to have such a space. I really hope something can be done for the NS lounge at AMS now.

The two things I absolutely dislike however are:

The fact that people are absolutely disgusting leaving their dirty trays with crumbs all over the floor everywhere in the lounge, I tried using the rest area near the showers on the second floor only to see food all over the table.

The fact that apparently nobody thought that installing more than one paper tower dispenser per toilet was necessary. So now we just have piles of paper towers resting next to the sink ready to get wet when someone inevitably flicks their hands to brush water off. And as if that wasn’t enough they only install one bin.
Goldorak and KLBGO like this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 10:41 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by Digicola
You can see AF staff is absolutely delighted to be there and proud to have such a space. I really hope something can be done for the NS lounge at AMS now.
Is this the NS lounge you have in mind? What relation to Air France? NS International Lounge at Schiphol
Old Jan 5, 2022, 10:48 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Is this the NS lounge you have in mind? What relation to Air France? NS International Lounge at Schiphol
Digicola is most probably referring to the Non-Schengen KL Lounge (Lounge 52)... which should have plenty of extra space now that Covid nailed Blue Restaurant's coffin.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 11:41 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Sure the design is prone to people hogging seats and all ..
This IS the annoying thing. It would have been so easy to design the seats so this would not happen.

It is very unpleasant to watch people sprawled on the benches, using 3 on seats for themselves. And even more unpleasant to have to stand because of it.

but when you realise the lounge is mostly for elites it makes sense.
What do you mean?
KLBGO likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 6:19 pm

Programs: AF/KLM Platinum Ultimate, VA Velocity Platinum, ALL Platinum
Sorry, I meant lounge 25 so the schengen lounge, my bad. Just wishful thinking but I was saying it would be great if the lounge in AMS could get a similar makeover with all the bells and whistles we now have in CDG.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 7:15 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
The Schengen lounge is indeed in need of a makeover.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 7:21 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Ambtenaruh
Mind boggeling..... Complaining for the non-use of plugs that aren't standard use in the country you're visiting...
Originally Posted by SpinEcho
Were you willing to plug a washing machine or hammer drill ;-)?
I should be clearer, it wasn't easy to find outlets that accept an adaptor so I could then plug my three prong laptop cord into it. The only outlets I found are USB outlets. if that's how most people in Europe charge their laptops than I apologize for not being aware.
Ambtenaruh likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 10:32 am

I should be clearer, it wasn't easy to find outlets that accept an adaptor so I could then plug my three prong laptop cord into it. The only outlets I found are USB outlets. if that's how most people in Europe charge their laptops than I apologize for not being aware.
From what I saw actual power outlets were available in the floor.

And no, USB is not how we charge our laptops.

Edit in the picture above by CMK10 you can see one right under the two foreground people's shoes: the grey square in the floor is a power outlet.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 9:13 am

Programs: FB Plat, *A Silver, Volare Exec (LOL), some hotels (Gold)
agree with this, i'm often on the second floor and it's not that easy to find one. especially certain seats (the two sofas in the wall) are completely deprived of plugs.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 2:21 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
The fact that apparently nobody thought that installing more than one paper tower dispenser per toilet was necessary. So now we just have piles of paper towers resting next to the sink ready to get wet when someone inevitably flicks their hands to brush water off. And as if that wasn’t enough they only install one bin.
i actually have been mentioning that point to the staff over and over again each time I visit. It shouldn’t be too complicated nor expansive to fix
Old Jan 15, 2022, 9:22 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by offvoice
i actually have been mentioning that point to the staff over and over again each time I visit. It shouldn’t be too complicated nor expansive to fix
1) France 2) Air France.

Style over function. As always.
San Gottardo and Ambtenaruh like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.