Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Minimum connection time at CDG

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2017, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by descartes12
Thanks for this fast and helpful response.

Regarding a mis-connection, it appears that there are no later flights to Naples on AF. I suspect we'd be looking an overnight at CDG to get their next flight, which would mean missing a day in Positano which is not ideal.
They may also rebook you to FCO or MIL then connecting to AZ. Better than spending the night in Paris.
Old May 9, 2017, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Thanks for this fast and helpful response.

Regarding a mis-connection, it appears that there are no later flights to Naples on AF. I suspect we'd be looking an overnight at CDG to get their next flight, which would mean missing a day in Positano which is not ideal.
Not sure I understand
AF has one morning and one evening flight to Naples. If you misconnect, you will have to take the 8:35pm and spend the day at CDG. But they will possibly try to reroute you before.
AF has prepared a schedule that does not take into account the recent immigration chaos at CDG. So it is a risky connection if you flight is delayed.
DL pads a longer time in its schedule, but they arrive about the same time (8:10 or 8:15)..
To give you today's example, AF arrived at 8:57 and DL at 8:55. In both cases you would have missed your connection.
Old May 9, 2017, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by chff
whats the minimum connection time at CDG? Coming from USA, transfering to Schengen Area.

Thanks
You don't need to worry about it. The airline won't offer you tickets for sale that do not meet the minimum connection time. If anything goes wrong, they will put you on the next available flight.
Old May 9, 2017, 8:38 am

Programs: AF, DL, AZ, JAL, JB, AMEX, STARWOOD
Originally Posted by brunos
Not sure I understand
AF has one morning and one evening flight to Naples. If you misconnect, you will have to take the 8:35pm and spend the day at CDG. But they will possibly try to reroute you before.
AF has prepared a schedule that does not take into account the recent immigration chaos at CDG. So it is a risky connection if you flight is delayed.
DL pads a longer time in its schedule, but they arrive about the same time (8:10 or 8:15)..
To give you today's example, AF arrived at 8:57 and DL at 8:55. In both cases you would have missed your connection.
@brunos Thank you this is most helpful intel. You are correct that there is in fact the 8:35 pm flight to Naples. I hadn't seen that when I looked originally because I was looking at the schedule for earlier in the day. Still, if they bumped us to that one, spending the whole day at CDG would be a bummer, and we are heading to Capri so there may be issues making a connection to the ferry with such a late flight. (Not sure if the ferry from Naples to Capri runs so late).

In any event, based on the high likelihood of a missed connection, I will make other plans on a different carrier, or settle with a 2 stop layover which would give enough time for certain connections.

Thanks again!
Old May 9, 2017, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
@brunos Thank you this is most helpful intel. You are correct that there is in fact the 8:35 pm flight to Naples. I hadn't seen that when I looked originally because I was looking at the schedule for earlier in the day. Still, if they bumped us to that one, spending the whole day at CDG would be a bummer, and we are heading to Capri so there may be issues making a connection to the ferry with such a late flight. (Not sure if the ferry from Naples to Capri runs so late).

In any event, based on the high likelihood of a missed connection, I will make other plans on a different carrier, or settle with a 2 stop layover which would give enough time for certain connections.

Thanks again!
You are welcome.

But remember that "certain" connections do not exist, especially with 2 stops.

The problem with Italy is that AZ is in bad shape (with bad current relation with AF) and LCCs or small airlines like Meridiana/Air Italy have taken over a big market share.
For example Easyjet flies 2 or 3 daily flight from Paris to Naples, but it is from Orly not CDG. That still might be an option if you miss your connection.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 3:30 pm

Some great advice above but not found anything about missing the last flight of the day.

Next Monday I am due to arrive on next AF7649 from Lyon at 19:50 and connect to AF1886 to Edinburgh at 20:35. This was booked and sold by AF. Looking at the average arrival time into CDG over the past week I would say my chances of making the connection are less than 50%.

What is the process should I miss it? Will AF proactively book me a hotel or will I have to arrange this myself and claim back? I am traveling Y and have no status with Skyteam.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by samgw
Some great advice above but not found anything about missing the last flight of the day.

Next Monday I am due to arrive on next AF7649 from Lyon at 19:50 and connect to AF1886 to Edinburgh at 20:35. This was booked and sold by AF. Looking at the average arrival time into CDG over the past week I would say my chances of making the connection are less than 50%.

What is the process should I miss it? Will AF proactively book me a hotel or will I have to arrange this myself and claim back? I am traveling Y and have no status with Skyteam.
you will be rebooked the next day on the 1st available flight. You certainly don't have to book any hotel proactively, let AF do it if something happen.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 2:06 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
My wife and I had a similar issue last summer, flying ATL-CDG-BIO. Our DL flight from ATL was delayed for two hours(due to missing co-pilot) and they tried to rebook us on the last flight of the day to BIO, but it was full! So we had to overnite at CDG, w/o luggage but at AF's expense including meal vouchers, and flew out the next morning. Not a major deal except that we missed our only opportunity to visit the Gehry museum in BIO since we now had to leave immediately after arrival for a wedding in Biarritz.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 3:29 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by arkangel
My wife and I had a similar issue last summer, flying ATL-CDG-BIO. Our DL flight from ATL was delayed for two hours(due to missing co-pilot) and they tried to rebook us on the last flight of the day to BIO, but it was full! So we had to overnite at CDG, w/o luggage but at AF's expense including meal vouchers, and flew out the next morning. Not a major deal except that we missed our only opportunity to visit the Gehry museum in BIO since we now had to leave immediately after arrival for a wedding in Biarritz.
Why not ask to be flown to Biarritz then?
Old Jun 26, 2017, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by carnarvon
that kind of change is more difficult to obtain from the airlines if the 2 cities are not "interchangeable" (e.g. CDG/ORY; EWR/JFK; LIN/MXP, etc). I am not sure BIQ and BIO are considered interchangeable because in 2 different countries. But it's not impossible: I recently achieved with DL to be re-routed to MCI instead of STL following to a huge delay on my originally booked flight to STL.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
Originally Posted by carnarvon
Good question. Didn't think of that. Thought I had to stick with my original destination. However, if I had changed, my car rental expense may have been significantly higher. But, maybe not.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 2:38 am

Programs: AAdvantage
I have a flight tomorrow morning with AtlasGlobal from IST, which has codeshares with AF, to CDG. I then have a separate ticket CDG-JFK-PHL. If my baggage is checked only until CDG, is 3 hours enough to clear immigration, collect luggage, recheck luggage, reclear passport control, and still catch my flight? (US Passport holder) The flight CDG-JFK is an A380 on AF, so I as I understand they always leave from certain gates.
I was originally flying IST-CDG a day earlier, however I managed to get upgraded to business if I waited another day, which I did without thinking.
I know this is VERY tight, but is it possible?
Old Jun 29, 2017, 6:54 am

Programs: FB Plat
Depends on the time of the day. When do you arrive at CDG and when does your following flight leave?

​​​​
Old Jun 29, 2017, 6:59 am

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by Zarmakuizz
Depends on the time of the day. When do you arrive at CDG and when does your following flight leave?

​​​​
Arrival is 1:40pm, departure is 4:40pm
Old Jun 30, 2017, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Silver Stevie
Arrival is 1:40pm, departure is 4:40pm
Should be OK, even if still risky. At that time immigration should be OK.
Definitely try to have your bags checked through, and if you are successful, when in CDG go to a customer service desk and give them the bag receipt in order for them t enter the information into your 2nd booking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.