Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Minimum connection time at CDG

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2019, 6:28 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Hello. Looking at an LAX-CDG-FLR flight in October that has a 75 minute connection time at CDG. I've never flown through CDG so not sure how bad this could be, other than it sounds a bit tight. Looking at AF 69 flight performance, it seems to arrive between 15 to 30 minutes early. Is there a dedicated lane for Sky Priority at CDG Immigration?
Old Nov 24, 2019, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by motoridersd
Hello. Looking at an LAX-CDG-FLR flight in October that has a 75 minute connection time at CDG. I've never flown through CDG so not sure how bad this could be, other than it sounds a bit tight. Looking at AF 69 flight performance, it seems to arrive between 15 to 30 minutes early. Is there a dedicated lane for Sky Priority at CDG Immigration?
Yes, there is a SP lane at immigration. You should be fine with 75 min.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 9:50 am

Programs: DL Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Yes, there is a SP lane at immigration. You should be fine with 75 min.
Awesome! Thank you!
Old Dec 10, 2019, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA ConciergeKey; Hyatt Globalist
I am on American Airlines flight (DFW to CDG) that lands in Terminal 2A at 9:15am. I am departing to Riyadh on Saudia (SV 144) at 11:15am from Terminal 2C. Is two hours enough time to make this connection? Thank you.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Is this one 1 ticket? If so yes if not and with luggage it's a no.

Originally Posted by davecraze
I am on American Airlines flight (DFW to CDG) that lands in Terminal 2A at 9:15am. I am departing to Riyadh on Saudia (SV 144) at 11:15am from Terminal 2C. Is two hours enough time to make this connection? Thank you.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA ConciergeKey; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Yoshi212
Is this one 1 ticket? If so yes if not and with luggage it's a no.
Not one ticket, but no checked luggage,
Old Dec 10, 2019, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by davecraze
Not one ticket, but no checked luggage,
So that should be OK as you will just have to go through security and 2A/2C are connected and operate basically as a single terminal. But that’s always risky if you cannot do OLCI for the SV flight (SV staff may want to check your visa before delivering a BP).
Old Dec 28, 2019, 11:12 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, VS Flying Club, DL SkyMiles, LH Miles & More, AFKL Flying Blue,
Hi, im looking at flying AF MAN-CDG-PEK / PVG-CDG-MAN, both flights are 1:45 connection, Is this above the MCT? Do these flights generally go from the same concourse?

TIA
Old Dec 28, 2019, 11:37 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
If they are sold as a connection (as a single ticket) by AF, then yes it will be within the MCT. Air France will only sell you 'valid' itineraries.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 8:15 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
You should check a few dates for each flight to see which gate series is generally used and then https://easycdg.com/passenger-inform...s-cdg-airport/ to see what process you should expect. AF won't sell you a ticket that would violate the MCT but that doesn't mean it's an easy connection. CDG used to be on my airport avoid list but has gotten better.

Originally Posted by harer92
Hi, im looking at flying AF MAN-CDG-PEK / PVG-CDG-MAN, both flights are 1:45 connection, Is this above the MCT? Do these flights generally go from the same concourse?

TIA
Old Dec 30, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, Former Amtrak Select, Former Hilton Gold
I know this doesn't quite fit this thread but I wasn't able to find a better one for this question.

My wife is departing from 2E-K and I am departing from 2E-M a few hours later. How long can we stay together until we need to split up? Can I accompany her to her gate in K and them travel airside to my gate in M?
Old Dec 30, 2019, 3:26 pm

My wife is departing from 2E-K and I am departing from 2E-M a few hours later. How long can we stay together until we need to split up? Can I accompany her to her gate in K and them travel airside to my gate in M?

I don't think the odds are good that you can do this.

Layout-wise, the three halls (K/L/M) in 2E separate immediately after outbound Schengen passport control, before security. Hall K is straight ahead, while halls L and M have to be accessed via an automated train/people-mover that has one stop for each hall, each of which also has its own security checkpoint. I think you'll probably get stuck at the security checkpoint when you try to get to hall K with a hall M boarding pass.

Even if you get through, I'm doubtful there is a "straightforward" way to move from the airside departure area of hall M to the airside departure area of hall K, or indeed to even get out of the departure area at all, because there isn't normally a reason to do so -- arriving passengers are separated from departing passengers at 2E, and CDG enforces a security re-screening for arriving non-Schengen passengers before any connecting flight, so no one is disembarking directly into the departures area of (say) hall M who is looking to transfer to hall K for their connecting flight.

I might be wrong and would happily welcome corrections, but I'm doubtful you can accompany your wife to the gate, unfortunately.

Last edited by andrewesque; Dec 30, 2019 at 3:35 pm
Old Dec 31, 2019, 1:56 am
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
there is a train connecting 2E K with 2E M, however I'm not sure if this requires another security check.
Also the problem with accessing 2E K with a 2E Boarding pass remains
https://easycdg.com/passenger-inform...r-terminal-2e/
Old Dec 31, 2019, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gkl
there is a train connecting 2E K with 2E M, however I'm not sure if this requires another security check.
Yes it does, Security for K is separate from security for L with no security-free connection between the two airside. They might as well be two completely different terminals.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by gkl
Also the problem with accessing 2E K with a 2E Boarding pass remains
https://easycdg.com/passenger-inform...r-terminal-2e/
Yep, this is the automated tram/people-mover I referred to in my post. It connects halls K, L and M, but since each of them have their own security checkpoint it does require security checks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.