Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Minimum connection time at CDG

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2023, 9:25 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by bgriff
Where are these gates / what is the setup? I have been to CDG a fair number of times and had no idea there were such gates.

I am flying JFK-CDG-JMK later this summer with a 100-minute connection coming from the 5:30pm flight out of JFK, so it would be very nice if we didn't need to reclear security to make that connection. (Obviously no control over whether we actually get such a gate, but now I am curious.)
It's the gates on the western side of Hall L. If from a secure origin, the path off the plane may go up to a corridor separated from the rest of the hall which opens into an area where you can turn east and go downstairs to the Hall L departures level or turn west and go down a long corridor to passport control and then to 2F's departures level. On the below Google Maps screenshot, that junction is NW of the Hall L lounge icon and SW of the La Durée icon.

At 6am, 20 minutes from stepping off the plane to the 2F lounge is quite possible.

bgriff likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2023, 6:54 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by hhdl
It's the gates on the western side of Hall L. If from a secure origin, the path off the plane may go up to a corridor separated from the rest of the hall which opens into an area where you can turn east and go downstairs to the Hall L departures level or turn west and go down a long corridor to passport control and then to 2F's departures level. On the below Google Maps screenshot, that junction is NW of the Hall L lounge icon and SW of the La Durée icon.

At 6am, 20 minutes from stepping off the plane to the 2F lounge is quite possible.
Thanks, good to know, and fingers crossed for my trip ... although I guess maybe I was better off in my ignorance, as now I will be annoyed any time I fly to CDG and don't arrive at these gates.
hhdl likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2023, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Yes.

As J pax, you have access to priority immigration and security, although it can be "crowded" too (but less than regular lanes).

hard to say. For your peace of mind, may be, but certainly not mandatory.

No. You will collect them in Spain.
Ugh they just changed the connecting flight and now it's only 65 minutes. Is there any chance I can find a friendly agent on the phone who will change me to an earlier flight out of NYC? Only two flights a day to svq so if we miss it we'll have to stay the night in Paris (I mean not the worst thing in the world...but would rather)
Old Jul 21, 2023, 3:05 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by tubulus
Ugh they just changed the connecting flight and now it's only 65 minutes. Is there any chance I can find a friendly agent on the phone who will change me to an earlier flight out of NYC? Only two flights a day to svq so if we miss it we'll have to stay the night in Paris (I mean not the worst thing in the world...but would rather)
We had to add a wheelchair request on an AF-AF itinerary after a surgery. The connection time had been reduced to something like 65 minutes due to a schedule change and they agreed to reschedule for a longer connection without repricing. We didn’t end up needing the wheelchair as slowly walking worked earlier than expected and so cancelled the wheelchair request.
tubulus likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2023, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
definitely no risk to try.
Old Jul 21, 2023, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
We had to add a wheelchair request on an AF-AF itinerary after a surgery. The connection time had been reduced to something like 65 minutes due to a schedule change and they agreed to reschedule for a longer connection without repricing. We didn’t end up needing the wheelchair as slowly walking worked earlier than expected and so cancelled the wheelchair request.
Turns out my small children are useful for something after all! Or I just got an agent in a particularly good mood.
GUWonder, Fabo.sk and hhdl like this.
Old Jul 21, 2023, 3:46 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Turns out my small children are useful for something after all! Or I just got an agent in a particularly good mood.
Glad to hear that they had some empathy for the short legged ones. Waiting for gate-checked-for-gate-delivery strollers can make a tight connection even tighter.
tubulus likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2023, 7:59 am

I am flying ARN-CDG-AUH on AF and EY. Arriving at 2F and departing with EY from Terminal 1. All on one ticket, but only 100 minutes connection time. What´s the quickest way from 2F to T1?
Old Jul 23, 2023, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by cpn1980
What´s the quickest way from 2F to T1?
Hello,

You can find many infos about CDG here. (But i'm not sure how well they're all updated.)

Follow the "exit / sortie" yellow signs.

Once you've exited the 2F terminal airside (right after customs), turn right, walk towards the Terminal 2 train station and follow the "CDG VAL / Airport Shuttle" blue signs.

Right after the few travelators between 2F and Terminal 2 train station, turn on the right and you'll find the elevators (or escalators, but they could both be in the down to up direction) to the CDG VAL train platforms. It's free.

Terminal 1 will be the fourth and last station. It will take less than 10 minutes. You'll arrive inside the terminal 1 and will find the EY check-in counters very easily.

If all goes well, this could be as short as 25/35 minutes total (not including PIF security). Even if 90 minutes is the minimum recommended total conex time (Even 120 minutes I believe). Without major delays on AF1463 you'll be fine.

Enjoy your flights !
cpn1980 likes this.

Last edited by on.the.bowery; Jul 23, 2023 at 11:01 am
Old Sep 11, 2023, 7:17 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Where are these gates / what is the setup? I have been to CDG a fair number of times and had no idea there were such gates.

I am flying JFK-CDG-JMK later this summer with a 100-minute connection coming from the 5:30pm flight out of JFK, so it would be very nice if we didn't need to reclear security to make that connection. (Obviously no control over whether we actually get such a gate, but now I am curious.)

I expect to make the connection with no issues if JFK-CDG is on time, though on-time operations in New York have been far from a guarantee this summer, and CDG-JMK is once daily only. Any general guidance, if we do end up missing the connection is AF likely to entertain requests to rebook on other airlines or will they only rebook to their flight the next day? Paid business class ticket, STE+ (Delta Diamond).
Originally Posted by hhdl

Thanks, good to know, and fingers crossed for my trip ... although I guess maybe I was better off in my ignorance, as now I will be annoyed any time I fly to CDG and don't arrive at these gates.
Just to follow up, I did indeed arrive at one of the magical L gates and other than a bit of a walk it was an easy trip to the 2F lounge, with no lines at passport control when we got there. I've been trying to convince people that with CDG now allowing e-gate use for Americans and with some of the other preferred European connecting hubs having fallen from grace (notably AMS), CDG might actually be one of the better connecting points in Europe these days, and if you manage to get one of these gates that is certainly the case.
mlin32, Fabo.sk, hhdl and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 11, 2023, 10:38 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
You definitely get your steps in for a CDG connection. I get the impression that the secure arrivals on AF metal before 7am are the ones which are near locks to get the magic gates (so 15 (JFK), 327 (YOW), 343 (YUL), 257 (SIN), 333 (BOS), and 23 (JFK)); after that it's luck of the draw.

My next CDG connection is 321 (after 11am), so I'm not counting my chickens (though I am hoping for a change to a new A350...) regarding the easy connection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.