Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Minimum connection time at CDG

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2016, 1:27 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Ditto
What customs? Are you referring to immigration?
How come SkyPriority line was slower? How many desks were open and how were PAX handled?

I can't quite see how can the normal line would be faster than the SP one
Very easy. Usually one/two officers assist the SP line and the rest of the officers assist the normal passengers. When you have several Triple 7's and A380's departing 2E around noon, with a lot of Business Class passengers and elites either connecting from 2F flights or checking-in at 2F (DXB, for example), it is very common that the SP line is overcrowded and the regular line moves faster.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by SDQBound
Very easy. Usually one/two officers assist the SP line and the rest of the officers assist the normal passengers. When you have several Triple 7's and A380's departing 2E around noon, with a lot of Business Class passengers and elites either connecting from 2F flights or checking-in at 2F (DXB, for example), it is very common that the SP line is overcrowded and the regular line moves faster.
Last time I was there in July, the normal queue would end right in front of last passport desk, and the SP queue ends in front of the one next to it, in a way that if other desks are open, they would be closer for SP passengers.

Has that changed since?

Also yes, the normal line might move faster if there are more desks allocated to it, however it will normally be much longer, and if it is not there is nothing stopping SP passengers from using it.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by Nico40
As of W17 schedule the MCT is being reduced to 40 minutes for some targeted 2F-2F connections, including that one (the aforementioned AMS-CDG-ATH is sold like this actually) as part of a timetable reconfiguration aiming at improving short-haul to short-haul connectivity during the afternoon bank hub (by the way that may explain the timetable change for that same connection).
To be clear, you do mean Winter 2017? So this is still invalid as of March when I'm flying it?
Old Oct 18, 2016, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
Yes immigration not customs, apologies. The SP line had 2 desks, but I think the desks were also helping people who had problems with the automated passport control. At one point they closed one desk so it was only a single desk for SP. Regular line had about 7 desks open. Regular line snaked around multiple times but still moved much faster than SP.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 3:08 pm

Programs: Lame Duck Delta PM, Freshly Minted AA EXP
Sorry if these are noob questions, but I have never connected in CDG before.

Am looking at roundtrip LAX-CDG-VCE in February. Outbound would be AF65>AF1726, with a scheduled connection of 1h30m (11:15-12:45).
Inbound would be AF1727>AF76, with a scheduled connection of 1h45m (17:00-18:45).

Assuming on-time flights, are these connections reasonable? Would it make a difference if I had Sky Priority? (I might fly PE, otherwise I would not have Sky Priority) What has me concerned are the photos in another thread showing a scrum at 2E.

Thank you in advance for your input.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by socalflying

Am looking at roundtrip LAX-CDG-VCE in February. Outbound would be AF65>AF1726, with a scheduled connection of 1h30m (11:15-12:45).
Inbound would be AF1727>AF76, with a scheduled connection of 1h45m (17:00-18:45).

Assuming on-time flights, are these connections reasonable? Would it make a difference if I had Sky Priority? (I might fly PE, otherwise I would not have Sky Priority) What has me concerned are the photos in another thread showing a scrum at 2E.

yes, it is feasible and yes SkyP can be a big plus.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
yes, it is feasible and yes SkyP can be a big plus.
Thank you, Goldorak, I appreciate it.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 6:21 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE

I previously would have said "sure, no problem", but given the extensive delays at immigration now, you will probably have a stressful transfer, even with Sky Priority. While you will probably be OK if your flights are on time, I personally would look for a longer connection. (My last 1h50 connection left me with 5 minutes to spare, due to late arriving flight, bus gate, lengthy delays at immigration, and another bus transfer.)
Old Dec 6, 2016, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by bennos
I previously would have said "sure, no problem", but given the extensive delays at immigration now, you will probably have a stressful transfer, even with Sky Priority. While you will probably be OK if your flights are on time, I personally would look for a longer connection. (My last 1h50 connection left me with 5 minutes to spare, due to late arriving flight, bus gate, lengthy delays at immigration, and another bus transfer.)
Thank you, bennos, for giving me your experiences. I'm currently thinking I might risk the tight-ish connection going over, as AF has two more later flights to VCE that day and I'm travelling solo, so hopefully they'd be able to find a seat for me on one of those two flights. On the way back, however, I'd be catching the last flight of the day CDG-LAX, so I think for the inbound I'll leave VCE earlier, "enjoy" my time at CDG, and not be stressed.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 9:39 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

I do these exact flights every November. Never a problem with connections.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 11:02 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Nico40
As of W17 schedule the MCT is being reduced to 40 minutes for some targeted 2F-2F connections, including that one (the aforementioned AMS-CDG-ATH is sold like this actually) as part of a timetable reconfiguration aiming at improving short-haul to short-haul connectivity during the afternoon bank hub (by the way that may explain the timetable change for that same connection).
I'm about to depart CDG after doing one of these. ATH flight was slightly late; stepped out of the aircraft 17:20. The AMS flight was scheduled 17:50, however they decided to close the shengen arrivals and route everyone through passport control. Huge lines and then still had to make the trek from 2F-b to 2F-a. Quite a sprint but made it - just 15 min before departure. I suspect that if I was seated at the back of the first flight the line at passport control would have been too long to be able to make it. Officially I should have already missed the flight as I noticed gates now close 20 minutes before departure.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by Xandrios
I'm about to depart CDG after doing one of these. ATH flight was slightly late; stepped out of the aircraft 17:20. The AMS flight was scheduled 17:50, however they decided to close the shengen arrivals and route everyone through passport control. Huge lines and then still had to make the trek from 2F-b to 2F-a. Quite a sprint but made it - just 15 min before departure. I suspect that if I was seated at the back of the first flight the line at passport control would have been too long to be able to make it. Officially I should have already missed the flight as I noticed gates now close 20 minutes before departure.
Thank you for the information!

I actually called earlier today and the US agent I was talking to called an AF supervisor and I got really lucky. I asked to switch flights to maximize my time in AMS, and they offered to break the max 24 hour layover fare rule so now I'm on the AMS-ATH non-stop the next day. Gives me 28 hours to meet with some friends in Amsterdam ^
Old Jan 3, 2017, 7:44 am

Newbie question CDG 2E - 2E

Not a huge traveller, had to do much digging just to find out my potential flights connect thru CDG arriving in 2E and leaving 2E 1:35 minutes later.
It looks like I have to go thru a Security line per http://easycdg.com/passenger-informa...er-terminal-2e.
Arriving at 8:05 AM from DTW, DL98. For those familiar with such things at CDG, that is enough time to make it right?

And my luggage should automatically be transferred from my incoming Delta flight to my outgoing Air France flight right?
Old Jan 3, 2017, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by elluke
Not a huge traveller, had to do much digging just to find out my potential flights connect thru CDG arriving in 2E and leaving 2E 1:35 minutes later.
It looks like I have to go thru a Security line per http://easycdg.com/passenger-informa...er-terminal-2e.
Arriving at 8:05 AM from DTW, DL98. For those familiar with such things at CDG, that is enough time to make it right?

And my luggage should automatically be transferred from my incoming Delta flight to my outgoing Air France flight right?
Yes and yes, no problem
Old Feb 25, 2017, 7:09 pm

Programs: SK Gold (*G)
I will be flying in business class with SQ, CPH-CDG-SIN

My connection time in CDG is 1h 40min. I'm arriving in terminal 1 and departing from terminal 1. The SAS feeder flight from CPH to CDG is normally on time.

I guess since the flights are in the same terminal I should be fine, but after reading horror stories about CDG I'm getting slightly worried. Is it sufficient time?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.