Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Minimum connection time at CDG

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2016, 6:08 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
I am one who provides optimistic advises with regards to short connections at CDG. However, yesterday morning I experienced a very long wait at arrival passport control (using the Skypriority line it took me over 50 minutes) and the regular line was even longer, with only 6-7 booths working. Hopefully this doesn't become the norm, as it will kill the progress CDG has made in the last few years.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 9:14 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, IHG Gold
I'll have only 60min. connection between 2F-2E, Arriving from Budapest and depart for Seoul. 12:30--13:30. It will be impossible?
Old Sep 26, 2016, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by ruedela
I'll have only 60min. connection between 2F-2E, Arriving from Budapest and depart for Seoul. 12:30--13:30. It will be impossible?
Not at all.
This is a common transfer time for AF/AF in that direction. Passport control tends to be faster for departing France than arriving. And you don't run the risk of several longhaul flights arriving at the same time.
There will be quite a few pax connecting from all over Europe to ICN. AF won't hesitate to delay the ICN flight by a few minutes to accommodate late transfer pax. The reverse is less true for obvious reasons.
Also not that the morning BUD-CDG flights tend to be quite punctual.

Of course, there is always a risk and you might have to wait for the evening flight.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 10:10 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, IHG Gold
Dear Brunos,

thank you for your answer!
/Coming back from ICN we'll have 2hr 15 min connection time, from KE ICN-CDG flight to AF CDG-BUD flight, it is more comfortable /

And what about our checked baggage? The 1 hr is very shortly for that.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 3:10 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Out of interest: if a connection is missed due to a long wait at passport control, leading to a passenger suffering a delay of more than 4 hours at their final destination, would AF have to pay EU compensation? Or would the delay be deemed extraordinary circumstances?
Old Sep 26, 2016, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ruedela
Dear Brunos,

thank you for your answer!
/Coming back from ICN we'll have 2hr 15 min connection time, from KE ICN-CDG flight to AF CDG-BUD flight, it is more comfortable /

And what about our checked baggage? The 1 hr is very shortly for that.
You can see from other posts that I am not a great fan of AF, but your bags should be fine. AF and CDG airport have significantly improved transfers.

Of course, that's not a promise.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 2:07 pm

I am flying IAH-AMS-CDG-ATH in 03/2017

I was trying to maximize my time in AMS and chose a 9.5 hour layover with an 80ish minute connection in CDG.

Due to a schedule change, my connection is now only 40 minutes (which I'm assuming violates MCT)

Arriving on KLM1243 and departing on AF1032 (16:25-17:45/18:25-22:35).

I know that I could switch to an early AMS-CDG, but what are the chances that they will let me switch to an AMS-ATH direct flight the next day?
Old Sep 29, 2016, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by wcalvert
I am flying IAH-AMS-CDG-ATH in 03/2017

I was trying to maximize my time in AMS and chose a 9.5 hour layover with an 80ish minute connection in CDG.
Due to a schedule change, my connection is now only 40 minutes (which I'm assuming violates MCT)
Arriving on KLM1243 and departing on AF1032 (16:25-17:45/18:25-22:35).
I know that I could switch to an early AMS-CDG, but what are the chances that they will let me switch to an AMS-ATH direct flight the next day?
I don't think it violates anything as we are talking here about an intra-2F connection. This can be done in 10 min max gate-to-gate. Of course, that kind of connection is always risky, as a 30 min delay arriving in CDG can screw up everything.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
I don't think it violates anything as we are talking here about an intra-2F connection. This can be done in 10 min max gate-to-gate. Of course, that kind of connection is always risky, as a 30 min delay arriving in CDG can screw up everything.
Strictly speaking, the MCT for KL-AF 2F-2F connection is 45 minutes.

Originally Posted by wcalvert
It never hurts to ask, there is also an AMS-ATH flight at 20:35 which might work if they are not willing to put you on a flight the next day.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 5:11 am

Programs: UA Gold, DL Silver, Hertz PC, Avis Pref+, Accor Silver
Connection reality check

I am looking at connecting at CDG with TK (IST-CDG) to LH (CDG-MUC-), arriving and departing from Terminal 1.

However, these are two separate tickets - need to pick up luggage and re-check (bad experience of TK's interlining).
TK landing at 09:30 on a Wed. morning, LH departing 12:05. According to flightstats, the TK flight has a good on-time performance.

SO I need to enter Schengen, pick up luggage, check in and go through security at say 10 am on a Wednesday - does 2:35 seem reasonable for the connection or not ?

Thanks

D.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by dand99
I am looking at connecting at CDG with TK (IST-CDG) to LH (CDG-MUC-), arriving and departing from Terminal 1.

However, these are two separate tickets - need to pick up luggage and re-check (bad experience of TK's interlining).
TK landing at 09:30 on a Wed. morning, LH departing 12:05. According to flightstats, the TK flight has a good on-time performance.

SO I need to enter Schengen, pick up luggage, check in and go through security at say 10 am on a Wednesday - does 2:35 seem reasonable for the connection or not ?

Thanks

D.
It should be OK IMO.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Should be plenty of time. Might be a bit long at immigration, but then your luggage would have arrived.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 2:54 pm

Programs: Flying Blue (plat), Eurobonus (gold), Accor (plat), Bonvoy (plat)
Strictly speaking, the MCT for KL-AF 2F-2F connection is 45 minutes.
As of W17 schedule the MCT is being reduced to 40 minutes for some targeted 2F-2F connections, including that one (the aforementioned AMS-CDG-ATH is sold like this actually) as part of a timetable reconfiguration aiming at improving short-haul to short-haul connectivity during the afternoon bank hub (by the way that may explain the timetable change for that same connection).
Old Oct 17, 2016, 11:06 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
Air France 2F-2E with a 70 minute connection was almost impossible on Saturday. The line for customs exiting 2F was backed up all the way to the escalator, the Sky Priority (was on a paid J ticket) line was slower than the general line, we only made our connection by running after getting through, we arrived at the gate after last call. Fortunately there were others on our flight also stuck in the line so maybe AF held the flight a bit, but there were no AF personnel in the transit area to let us know what was going on. Maybe this was a fluke but it was stressful and would cause me to avoid booking anything less than a 2 hour connection or using the meet and greet service.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by WheelsFirst
Air France 2F-2E with a 70 minute connection was almost impossible on Saturday. The line for customs exiting 2F was backed up all the way to the escalator, the Sky Priority (was on a paid J ticket) line was slower than the general line
What customs? Are you referring to immigration?
How come SkyPriority line was slower? How many desks were open and how were PAX handled?

I can't quite see how can the normal line would be faster than the SP one, unless of course it is shorter, in which case you might as well just use it instead, but I find it unlikely unless by some chance most non-priority PAX happened to be with EU passports while most priority PAX had non-EU passports which would require longer screening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.