Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Minimum connection time at CDG

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2023, 4:27 pm

Location: Pleasant Prairie, WI USA DL FO (until 2/04), NW silver '03, NW gold '04+'05 Plat '06+ (thanks, Leo!), DL SkyClub
Programs: DL Plat/ Million Miler, AS, Hilton, Marriott Bonvoy, Piggly Wiggly Pig Points
CDG is a crap shoot of sorts if you arr transferring between a non-Schengen and Schengen flight. You could luck out and the terminals are really close or take a not-quite-so-relaxing bus or train ride. I recommend staying on top of the actual gates and being prepared to hustle if you need to.
Old Feb 19, 2023, 4:40 pm

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium
So had I been flying today, I highly doubt I'd have made it, as the DUB flight arrived 20 minutes before the BER flight departed. This was quite obvious, as the inbound to DUB was delayed due to a tech issue but the AF website showed the flight from DUB as on time until shortly before it should have departed. I therefore have the following question: how good are AF at rerouting on other airlines from outstations if it is quite obvious that the connection will be missed? The only other option I'd have for getting home from DUB that evening would be with BA via LHR. Would the ticket desk agents be likely rebook me on this without too much arguing if it was clear that I wouldn't make it in CDG or would AF prefer to pay for a hotel and meals than a rerouting on a non-partner airline?

One other query that's occurred to me: I'm guessing that as a UK passport holder with a German permanent resident card, I couldn't use the automated passport control kiosks in CDG to enter Schengen, right?

Thanks again for all of your help.
Old Feb 20, 2023, 1:44 am

Originally Posted by Dick Ginkowski
CDG is a crap shoot of sorts if you arr transferring between a non-Schengen and Schengen flight. You could luck out and the terminals are really close or take a not-quite-so-relaxing bus or train ride. I recommend staying on top of the actual gates and being prepared to hustle if you need to.
I got lucky this time and only had to do the transfer between F and K gates... last time I was here in September I had to go from F to M. I made it in 15 minutes. The non-Sky Priority customs line was sort of long, but I had Sky Priority so it worked out.
Old Mar 1, 2023, 4:58 am

So to update this thread with my experience (I ended up flying yesterday instead of last Wednesday): We landed at 19:52 but had to taxi to the other end of the airport so only reached the gate in L at 20:07 and doors were opened at 20:10. As I was in 1A, I was first off the aircraft, first at transit security, first at passport control and made it to 2F by 20:23 so 13 minutes from doors open. I even had time to go to the toilet in 2F before boarding. When I got to the gate, they had already called zone 3 but I went through the Sky Priority lane and was on board in good time. Ironically, we then had to wait for some passengers who hadn't made it on time but who had luggage in the hold. One guy got on just before they closed the doors but I guess the other 2 they were paging never made it.

On a side note, the couple behind me tried to get in front of me to disembark as they had a short connection. To be fair, theirs was even shorter than mine. Scheduled to be 45 minutes from 2E to 2F. I'll never know whether they made their flight to GVA but they were much slower than me and it was showing last call when I arrived at 2F. Here's hoping that they didn't have to spend the night in a CDG hotel.
Old Mar 1, 2023, 5:03 am

I`m supposed to get into CDG at 19:40 from HAM and go on to AF256 at 20:45. Leaves me with max of 1hr 5min.
Only from to 2F to 2E.
I guess hope its doable.
Old Mar 1, 2023, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by Maritimer78
I`m supposed to get into CDG at 19:40 from HAM and go on to AF256 at 20:45. Leaves me with max of 1hr 5min.
Only from to 2F to 2E.
I guess hope its doable.
Based on my experience last night, I'd say you'll be fine. Just try to get as close to the front of the inbound aircraft as possible and don't stop anywhere until you have the outbound gate in sight and can see that you will definitely make it.
Maritimer78 likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 8:18 am

Hi, in July I have an AF JFK to CDG flight in business, and due to weird sncf scheduling, I need to fly to Rennes (RNS) instead of taking a train. I have to add a CDG-RNS leg to this trip in economy on Hop!. Connection time would be 95minutes. Is this connection time doable? AF phone support says yes, but I want to get some opinions from actual flyers who do US-CDG-(intra-France). Not sure if being on business on the international leg helps me get through immigration faster? JFK-CDG lands in 2E and CDG-RNS departs from 2G. Thank you to anyone who might have done this. Thank you to whoever has some information.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by barely_flying
Hi, in July I have an AF JFK to CDG flight in business, and due to weird sncf scheduling, I need to fly to Rennes (RNS) instead of taking a train. I have to add a CDG-RNS leg to this trip in economy on Hop!. Connection time would be 95minutes. Is this connection time doable? AF phone support says yes, but I want to get some opinions from actual flyers who do US-CDG-(intra-France). Not sure if being on business on the international leg helps me get through immigration faster? JFK-CDG lands in 2E and CDG-RNS departs from 2G. Thank you to anyone who might have done this. Thank you to whoever has some information.
If this is on one ticket, then yes OK. On separate tickets : too short.
Clearly better to fly to RNS in this configuration instead of train, as your bags will be checked through to RNS.
And, yes, flying in J allows you to use fast track lanes for immigration and security.
barely_flying likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 3:00 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
JFK (especially the first couple of flights of the morning) is also a flight that tends to have a good shot at arriving at a gate that allows connecting without going through security.
Old Apr 5, 2023, 5:54 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by barely_flying
I have done it 2 weeks ago, arriving from ATL to CDG 2E and my CDG-RNS was 1h30 later departing from 2G.

We connected in about 40 minutes, but to be honest, we had carry on luggage only, so no checked luggage to pick up (it's when you lose most of the time if there is a delay between unloading the flight and luggage finally arriving on the carousel).

And also, when we passed passport control, it was very quiet (we were seating just next to PE class and business class was not full), most people had to get to the luggage belt, so we were less than 10 people to get to the check point. It was fast.

The longest part was to walk all the way down from the bridge to where you reach the path to the right terminal.

As mentioned previously if both flights are on the same ticket and if by chance you don't land at the same time as plenty other flights, you won't get stuck for immigration and of course, if you don't have checked luggage, 95 minutes is achievable.
Old Jul 17, 2023, 2:11 pm

Apologies if this all has been asked...
We have 85minutes scheduled connection, 2E (from JFK) to 2G (going to spain). We will be in business class. Is this doable? Does Air France provide its own fast track-type service, or is it worth paying for the cdg fast track service? Do we need to collect and re-check bags or do they go through?

Thanks!
Old Jul 17, 2023, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by tubulus
We have 85minutes scheduled connection, 2E (from JFK) to 2G (going to spain). We will be in business class. Is this doable?
Yes.

Does Air France provide its own fast track-type service
As J pax, you have access to priority immigration and security, although it can be "crowded" too (but less than regular lanes).

or is it worth paying for the cdg fast track service?
hard to say. For your peace of mind, may be, but certainly not mandatory.

Do we need to collect and re-check bags or do they go through?
No. You will collect them in Spain.
Old Jul 17, 2023, 2:57 pm

Thanks. I'm optimistic! Reminds me I need to choose my seats and should be as close as possible to the front ..
Goldorak likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2023, 12:20 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by hhdl
JFK (especially the first couple of flights of the morning) is also a flight that tends to have a good shot at arriving at a gate that allows connecting without going through security.
Where are these gates / what is the setup? I have been to CDG a fair number of times and had no idea there were such gates.

I am flying JFK-CDG-JMK later this summer with a 100-minute connection coming from the 5:30pm flight out of JFK, so it would be very nice if we didn't need to reclear security to make that connection. (Obviously no control over whether we actually get such a gate, but now I am curious.)

I expect to make the connection with no issues if JFK-CDG is on time, though on-time operations in New York have been far from a guarantee this summer, and CDG-JMK is once daily only. Any general guidance, if we do end up missing the connection is AF likely to entertain requests to rebook on other airlines or will they only rebook to their flight the next day? Paid business class ticket, STE+ (Delta Diamond).
Old Jul 18, 2023, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by bgriff
Any general guidance, if we do end up missing the connection is AF likely to entertain requests to rebook on other airlines or will they only rebook to their flight the next day? Paid business class ticket, STE+ (Delta Diamond).
No general answer I'm afraid. It will depends on what will be available as Greece flights will likely be super busy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.