FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Minimum connection time at CDG
View Single Post
Old Apr 5, 2023, 5:54 am
flyertalker00143
Suspended

Originally Posted by barely_flying
Hi, in July I have an AF JFK to CDG flight in business, and due to weird sncf scheduling, I need to fly to Rennes (RNS) instead of taking a train. I have to add a CDG-RNS leg to this trip in economy on Hop!. Connection time would be 95minutes. Is this connection time doable? AF phone support says yes, but I want to get some opinions from actual flyers who do US-CDG-(intra-France). Not sure if being on business on the international leg helps me get through immigration faster? JFK-CDG lands in 2E and CDG-RNS departs from 2G. Thank you to anyone who might have done this. Thank you to whoever has some information.
I have done it 2 weeks ago, arriving from ATL to CDG 2E and my CDG-RNS was 1h30 later departing from 2G.

We connected in about 40 minutes, but to be honest, we had carry on luggage only, so no checked luggage to pick up (it's when you lose most of the time if there is a delay between unloading the flight and luggage finally arriving on the carousel).

And also, when we passed passport control, it was very quiet (we were seating just next to PE class and business class was not full), most people had to get to the luggage belt, so we were less than 10 people to get to the check point. It was fast.

The longest part was to walk all the way down from the bridge to where you reach the path to the right terminal.

As mentioned previously if both flights are on the same ticket and if by chance you don't land at the same time as plenty other flights, you won't get stuck for immigration and of course, if you don't have checked luggage, 95 minutes is achievable.