Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Minimum connection time at CDG

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2020, 7:52 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, Former Amtrak Select, Former Hilton Gold
Thanks all, sounds like we can go through passport exit together, then she will go through the K security and I will need to board a train to M.
Any advice on how early to arrive for an 8 AM flight?
Old Jan 2, 2020, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by lost_perspicacity
Any advice on how early to arrive for an 8 AM flight?
No later than 6 am.
Old Feb 16, 2023, 5:35 pm

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium
DUB-CDG-BER connection doable?

Apologies for bumping this old thread but it seemed the most appropriate place for my query. AF has sold me a DUB-CDG-BER itinerary for next Wednesday with a 55 minute connection from 2E to 2F arriving at 20:00 and departing at 20:55. Obviously this is a legal connection but it seems extremely tight. I’ll be in J so have Sky Priority. How feasible is this connection at that time of night assuming the inbound is on time? Do AF tend to hold flights for tight connections? It’s the last flight of the day to BER so I know AF will have to put me up in a hotel if I misconnect but I would prefer to get home that night if possible.

Thanks in advance for any insight.
Old Feb 17, 2023, 12:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by gpb_croppers63
Apologies for bumping this old thread but it seemed the most appropriate place for my query. AF has sold me a DUB-CDG-BER itinerary for next Wednesday with a 55 minute connection from 2E to 2F arriving at 20:00 and departing at 20:55. Obviously this is a legal connection but it seems extremely tight. I’ll be in J so have Sky Priority. How feasible is this connection at that time of night assuming the inbound is on time? Do AF tend to hold flights for tight connections? It’s the last flight of the day to BER so I know AF will have to put me up in a hotel if I misconnect but I would prefer to get home that night if possible.

Thanks in advance for any insight.
It's tight for sure but totally feasible. At that time, immigration will be empty as there's no long-haul arriving. They may hold the BER flight a bit as the plane is not making an immediate turnaround in BER.
irishguy28 and gpb_croppers63 like this.
Old Feb 17, 2023, 1:49 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
It's tight for sure but totally feasible. At that time, immigration will be empty as there's no long-haul arriving. They may hold the BER flight a bit as the plane is not making an immediate turnaround in BER.
Great, thanks for the fast reply! I have to admit that I was surprised that they sold such a short connection. Yesterday, I wouldn’t have made it, as the DUB flight arrived 1h 20 late but let’s see what happens on Wednesday.

Does the DUB flight normally arrive in K, L or M, or is it random do you know? Thanks again!
Old Feb 17, 2023, 2:14 am

Programs: FB Gold
DUB would arrive in either K or L. I think hall M is only for widebodies.
Old Feb 17, 2023, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by mlin32
DUB would arrive in either K or L. I think hall M is only for widebodies.
Thanks!
Old Feb 17, 2023, 6:09 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Southwest A-List
I'm screwing around with some potential bookings on flights from the US to various destinations. They all transit in CDG and they are publishing fares with hour layovers (1h5, 1h10, 1h45) most are one of the lower options. They are all on AF55 from IAD and tand honhe next flights are all AF to various Schengen destinations
Example: look at AF55/AF1262 IAD-CDG-ARN on November 21st.

It seems insane, but they are selling it. Presumably they would just shuffle us to one of the later flights if we miss, but does this actually work ever?
Old Feb 17, 2023, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Yes, they often do - as in, most of the time. They wouldn't sell them if not, as that opens up to additional costs and potential compensation.
atflyer likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2023, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by mloradites
It seems insane, but they are selling it
I don't see what's insane !

Originally Posted by mloradites
but does this actually work ever?
of course it works most of the time. Otherwise, they wouldn't do it.
Old Feb 18, 2023, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
As everyone says, it usually work.
And AF55 usually arrives early. But if late, they will put you on the next flight to ARN. Better choose a destination with frequent flights.

Note that you are talking November. Schedules might be changed a bit, so keep an alert eye.
Old Feb 18, 2023, 5:03 am

Programs: FB Gold
As mentioned above, the 1h15 or so correspondances work. Otherwise they wouldn't offer it, no airline likes to rebook passengers on a regular basis.

AF54/55 is a fairly consistent, year-round flight, with exceptionnel delays only in case of technical problems.
Old Feb 18, 2023, 4:55 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Southwest A-List
I appreciate all the responses. It just seemed incredibly short for an international transfer at a major airport at one of the busiest times of the day.
Old Feb 19, 2023, 12:26 am

I am a US citizen flying CPH-CDG-JFK on Tuesday with a 1hr 35 min connection time in CDG. I am in PE on the CDG-JFK flight. It seems as though the CPH-CDG flight has been mostly delayed the past few days. If I miss this connection, how likely is it that I would be able to be rebooked in PE on a same-day flight? Would they downgrade me to economy? I am of course hoping I make the connection but who knows.
Old Feb 19, 2023, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by pofriri
I am a US citizen flying CPH-CDG-JFK on Tuesday with a 1hr 35 min connection time in CDG. I am in PE on the CDG-JFK flight. It seems as though the CPH-CDG flight has been mostly delayed the past few days. If I miss this connection, how likely is it that I would be able to be rebooked in PE on a same-day flight? Would they downgrade me to economy? I am of course hoping I make the connection but who knows.
There are a lot of CDG-JFK flights, so it's very likely that you'll be rebooked the same day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.