Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Minimum connection time at CDG

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:40 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, Former Amtrak Select, Former Hilton Gold
Is 1:50 sufficient for an arrival from the US in 2E and a continuing flight (within France) in 2F?
Bags will be checked through if on one ticket, but different metals (DL/AF), correct?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 10:01 am

Programs: FB Gold
Should be fine and yes, your bags will be checked to your final destination as usual.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 5:40 pm

Going to be traveling through MRU-CDG-LHR with 1:50 between scheduled CDG arrival and CDG departure - all on AF operated flights in Y - first time through CDG so assuming this should be enough time (all same ticket and reading through rest of this post as well seem will be ok if no delays inbound) - are there any tips or gotcha's worth being aware of though?
Old Apr 19, 2019, 10:07 pm

Programs: Miles&More Silver, Skyteam Gold
1:50 should be more than fine (if the first flight is on time of course). You will be most probably arriving at 2E-L and depart from 2A/2C. There is an airside bus between these terminals. Although there will be a passport control, gate to gate should be possible within 45‘.
Yesterday I arrived at 2F and had an onward flight from 2A and it took me 25‘.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by RJ1H
1:50 should be more than fine (if the first flight is on time of course). You will be most probably arriving at 2E-L and depart from 2A/2C. There is an airside bus between these terminals. Although there will be a passport control, gate to gate should be possible within 45‘.
Yesterday I arrived at 2F and had an onward flight from 2A and it took me 25‘.
No, this is all in 2E, so a very easy connection. 1h50 is indeed plenty of time. No passport control but OP will have to go through security.
@OP : 2E is composed of 3 concourses labelled K, L or M gates linked by an automated train. It is impossible to know in advance which gates will be used for your flight, except for LHR which will will be in K or L (depart in 99% of cases from K but may arrive in K or L).
paris1000 likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 4:16 am

Thanks both - If you're right then I can mentally prepare for heading to 2E's K gates and verify on landing just in case it is elsewhere. An early arrival anyway so if there are any delays inbound there should be some options to get rebooked on another flight to London
Old Jun 20, 2019, 3:32 am

Programs: LH Miles and More; UA Mileage Plus
I will be arriving in CDG at 09:05 on LX 632 from ZRH, returning to ZRH on LX 633at 09:50 (don't ask, it's a long story) - so 45 min connect time. I assume it will be the same plane returning to ZRH, so I should have no problem, as I will be returning from the same gate I arrive and delays of the incoming plane shouldn't affect me. From what I have read in this thread, it should be OK. But I seem to recall when I was last at CDG (many years ago) that arriving passengers were routed away from the arrival gate, so you could not just stay there to board the returning flight. Can anybody comment on this?
Checked baggage probably is another story. easyCDG says MCT of 70 mins is "recommended" - whatever that means. I am LH HON, so my luggage does get some priority treatment - but if MCTs are violated, they probably wouldn't even accept it at the originating airport. Anybody have experience with this?Thanks!
Old Sep 6, 2019, 10:10 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Flying Blue Gold, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Just looking for a quick sanity check on my 70 minute CDG connection. AF 1887 EDI-CDG, connecting to AF 374 CDG-YVR both leave from 2E but I can't recall if I need to go through passport control or security checks upon arrival at CDG? Having flown CDG-YVR earlier this summer, I'm fairly certain it leaves from the L pier, but not sure if AF 1887 is the same, and whether having to switch piers would make the connection extra tight? Thank you!
Old Sep 6, 2019, 11:45 am

Only security, as for which piers will be used, no way to know for sure until the day, either way it's an easy connection.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 12:33 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Flying Blue Gold, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Ditto
Only security, as for which piers will be used, no way to know for sure until the day, either way it's an easy connection.
Got it, thank you!
Old Sep 7, 2019, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
From EDI, you may arrive at K or L. To YVR, you may depart from K, L or M. Not possible to know in advance.
The doomed likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 3:42 pm

Just confirming - 80 minutes layover at CDG on AirFrance to AirFrance (single ticket)

Paris, Charles de Gaulle(CDG) , TERMINAL 2E
to
Paris, Charles de Gaulle(CDG) , TERMINAL 2F

It sounds like 80 minutes is safe....whats the minimum time (in case of delay) to get from 2E to 2F? Any chance to hit a lounge or is that risky?

Thanks!
Old Sep 28, 2019, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by lax01
Just confirming - 80 minutes layover at CDG on AirFrance to AirFrance (single ticket)

Paris, Charles de Gaulle(CDG) , TERMINAL 2E
to
Paris, Charles de Gaulle(CDG) , TERMINAL 2F

It sounds like 80 minutes is safe....whats the minimum time (in case of delay) to get from 2E to 2F? Any chance to hit a lounge or is that risky?

Thanks!
Yes, it is OK. About the minimum, it is always hard to say as 2E is a huge complex with 3 different concourse : K, L and M. M is the furthest from 2F. As a recent data point, I made it in 15 min from far L to 2F gate-to-gate walking fast (but not running) and because there was no one at security and immigration. So this is really a strict minimum. A more realistic time will be 30 min.
Lounge : not sure but it will all depend on how fast you can make it. In any case, the lounges in 2F are very close to the gates. Make sure you go to the lounge in the pier where your gate is located (there are 2 piers in 2F and each one has a lounge), so it will never take you more than 2 min from the lounge to your gate.
lax01 likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Just to add to the accurate post of Goldorak on minimum. Depending on your arrival time,immigration lines upon arrival can be quite long, especially without Skypriority.
lax01 likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Yes, it is OK. About the minimum, it is always hard to say as 2E is a huge complex with 3 different concourse : K, L and M. M is the furthest from 2F. As a recent data point, I made it in 15 min from far L to 2F gate-to-gate walking fast (but not running) and because there was no one at security and immigration. So this is really a strict minimum. A more realistic time will be 30 min.
Lounge : not sure but it will all depend on how fast you can make it. In any case, the lounges in 2F are very close to the gates. Make sure you go to the lounge in the pier where your gate is located (there are 2 piers in 2F and each one has a lounge), so it will never take you more than 2 min from the lounge to your gate.
Perfect thanks...connection is middle of the day on next Friday...hoping that isn't a busy travel period but who knows

Anyway, appreciate the info!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.