Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Minimum connection time at CDG

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2017, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Kajjan85
I will be flying in business class with SQ, CPH-CDG-SIN

My connection time in CDG is 1h 40min. I'm arriving in terminal 1 and departing from terminal 1. The SAS feeder flight from CPH to CDG is normally on time.

I guess since the flights are in the same terminal I should be fine, but after reading horror stories about CDG I'm getting slightly worried. Is it sufficient time?
more than enough. If immigration is empty, it would take you max 15min even walking at a snail speed. So even if you wait 30-45 min at immigration, you still have plenty of time.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 7:19 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
I have a DL flight booked to CDG connecting to an AF (DL codeshare) flight operated by Hop! to BSL apparently from 2G. The originally booked connection time was 90 minutes, but AF has changed the CDG-BSL flight by 5 minutes resulting in an 85 minute connection. As a result, I now have an ominous message in my reservation on delta.com for this flight:

"With a schedule change, you may miss your connecting flight. Please review your scheduled itinerary."

Is this Delta telling me that my connection is no longer legal? Or are they just warning me that I may have to sprint?
Old Mar 14, 2017, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by ty97
Is this Delta telling me that my connection is no longer legal? Or are they just warning me that I may have to sprint?
Just a warning.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 1:35 pm

Hi. Flying from BSL to CDG, and then connecting to JFK, all booked through Delta. The BSL-CDG leg is on HOP and gets into 2G. The CDG-JFK leg is on Air France and leaves from 2E (but have not been able to figure out if Hall K, L, or M). Basically have a choice between a 1:35 layover and a 4:35 layover. Leaning toward the longer layover. EZCDG.com suggested 60 minutes between these terminals, but I do have some questions. First, Since BSL and CDG are both Schengen, and we are US citizens, where do we go through immigration? BSL or CDG or both? Will we need to pickup and recheck luggage between flights or go through security again from 2G to 2E? Assuming the longer layover, we figured we'd have lunch at I Love Paris in Hall L. But if our flight is from from Hall K or M, how hard is it to get between the Halls? Is security required? I ask, because my wife uses an insulin pump with blood sugar sensor. She can't go through Backscatter scanners - only metal detectors. That request always requires a pat down, at least in US, which is a pain, so we'd like to avoid as many security lines as we can (we have pre-Check in States, but I assume no use in EU). Any other dining suggestions at CDG would also be appreciated!

Thanks much. -John
Old Apr 11, 2017, 9:17 am

Hi,

I'm traveling to Paris via Air Canada from Toronto, arriving at Charles de Gaulle at 8:45am. Then I have to catch a separate flight at 10:30am on British Airways to London, UK. We're both only traveling with carry-ons and both of these flights arrive and depart at terminal 2A. Is it safe to assume that when we leave our Air Canada flight we just wait in Terminal 2A until we can board our flight to London on British Airways? We won't have to go through security or immigration/customs, will we?

Thanks for any info!
Old Apr 11, 2017, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by bsixteen
Hi,

I'm traveling to Paris via Air Canada from Toronto, arriving at Charles de Gaulle at 8:45am. Then I have to catch a separate flight at 10:30am on British Airways to London, UK. We're both only traveling with carry-ons and both of these flights arrive and depart at terminal 2A. Is it safe to assume that when we leave our Air Canada flight we just wait in Terminal 2A until we can board our flight to London on British Airways? We won't have to go through security or immigration/customs, will we?

Thanks for any info!
you'll have to go through security.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 7:11 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by bsixteen
Hi,

Thanks for any info!
Already posted in the France forum. You have received answers there.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 4:42 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
deleted
Old Apr 25, 2017, 8:18 am

Flights JFk>CDG>BCN on AF

Hi everyone,

I am on an A380 W meaning I am in the top-back. Arriving in T2E and leaving from T2F. We have Sky Priority and 95 minute connection time.

Any concerns getting off of the top of the big bird and making my next flight, assuming the inbound is on time?

Thanks!
Old Apr 25, 2017, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Should be fine and, if anything goes wrong, there are plenty of flights to BCN to accommodate you.
Old May 7, 2017, 1:47 pm

JFK-CDG-DUB

We are scheduled to arrive into CDG from JFK at 11:15am, then depart to DUB at 12:35pm. We are travelling via Air France and stay in the same terminal (2E). Is this doable with a 3 year old and 6 year old?
Old May 7, 2017, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by eagleg17
We are scheduled to arrive into CDG from JFK at 11:15am, then depart to DUB at 12:35pm. We are travelling via Air France and stay in the same terminal (2E). Is this doable with a 3 year old and 6 year old?
Yes, no problem. Only security to go through (no immigration).
Old May 8, 2017, 2:28 pm

Programs: AF, DL, AZ, JAL, JB, AMEX, STARWOOD
Hi all:

I am contemplating booking a flight on AF (Delta Code Share) from BOS (Logan) > CDG > Naples (Italy).

Connection times are either 1:05 or 1:15 depending on which flight I book.

I'm not clear on what the arriving and departing gates will be. I would plan to be ticketed through to final destination (Naples). I will also be in Business Class.

I am very reluctant to book this flight because I have had experience with slow connections at CDG. The thought of my bags traveling unaccompanied to Naples is not very appealing. That said, the alternative flights I'm considering are not very appealing and would make it quite difficult to use award miles.

I would appreciate any thoughts or experience about the likelihood of making this connection.

Thanks in advance.
Old May 8, 2017, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by descartes12
Hi all:

I am contemplating booking a flight on AF (Delta Code Share) from BOS (Logan) > CDG > Naples (Italy).

Connection times are either 1:05 or 1:15 depending on which flight I book.

I'm not clear on what the arriving and departing gates will be. I would plan to be ticketed through to final destination (Naples). I will also be in Business Class.

I am very reluctant to book this flight because I have had experience with slow connections at CDG. The thought of my bags traveling unaccompanied to Naples is not very appealing. That said, the alternative flights I'm considering are not very appealing and would make it quite difficult to use award miles.

I would appreciate any thoughts or experience about the likelihood of making this connection.

Thanks in advance.
It's tight but feasible. As this is al on one ticket, they'll take care of you if you misconnect.
Old May 8, 2017, 2:49 pm

Programs: AF, DL, AZ, JAL, JB, AMEX, STARWOOD
Originally Posted by Goldorak
It's tight but feasible. As this is al on one ticket, they'll take care of you if you misconnect.

Thanks for this fast and helpful response.

Regarding a mis-connection, it appears that there are no later flights to Naples on AF. I suspect we'd be looking an overnight at CDG to get their next flight, which would mean missing a day in Positano which is not ideal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.