Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hub 2012, satellite S4 and future CDG2 developments

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2012, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Nico40
Actually they don't. I've read somewhere (maybe in this forum ?) that those BKK, BOG, CAI, CCS, DXB, HAV, SXM flights leave from 2E but are checked at 2F. Terminal 2E seems already running at the maximum of its checking capacity - so was saying AF at the DO.

I'm not sure about the passenger itineray though. Maybe once you're checked-in at 2F they make you go back at 2E (quite confusing for people with carry-on luggage only who won't see their flight on the 2F departure screens...). Or you pass security at 2F, then emigration in the 2F-2E corridor, then... Security again at 2E ?
At least these flight don't leave from 2F as the terminal will be Schengen-only within a few days.
For these specific flights, is it a temporary measure for a month or 2, or will it stay for a while ?
Interestingly, I have a reservation to BKK in december and, on-line MMB still shows 2E as the departing (and arriving terminal).
Old Sep 6, 2012, 4:34 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Frankly, this transition measure is really acceptable, since (most) people that use check-in services in Paris travel from Paris, so 2F will be mentionned on the e-ticket receipt.
For check-in capacity in 2E, my friends already mentionned the space taken by L'école des escales, but I do believe there is some room, particularly considering the check-in areas used by Skyteam and code-share partners using 2E : I am not quite sure that the use of this space is fully optimized.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 4:38 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Originally Posted by olivedel
Frankly, this transition measure is really acceptable, since (most) people that use check-in services in Paris travel from Paris, so 2F will be mentionned on the e-ticket receipt.
For check-in capacity in 2E, my friends already mentionned the space taken by L'école des escales, but I do believe there is some room, particularly considering the check-in areas used by Skyteam and code-share partners using 2E : I am not quite sure that the use of this space is fully optimized.
Theres also a whole lot of other stuff related to check inn capacity, such as the baggage handling system of 2E, and the capacity of the hall itself which is already a mess at busy hours with tour-group passengers clogging up the hall and lines snaking outside the check in zones, and the drop-off capacity which is also already strained...
Old Sep 6, 2012, 4:45 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by Zembla
Theres also a whole lot of other stuff related to check inn capacity, such as the baggage handling system of 2E, and the capacity of the hall itself which is already a mess at busy hours with tour-group passengers clogging up the hall and lines snaking outside the check in zones, and the drop-off capacity which is also already strained...
I know, but there is a lot of room for improvement. Spreading flights over ALL check-in areas could improve a little bit the situation.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 4:50 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
I know, but there is a lot of room for improvement. Spreading flights over ALL check-in areas could improve a little bit the situation.
Agreed, thats how KL does it in AMS, it's shared check inn for all flights including FB partners, also for DL for example. At 2E one section can be empty whilst the other is in chaos...
Old Sep 18, 2012, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I'm posting in the smashing new CX lounge in the equally smashing new terminal CDG 2A/C. The new "terminal" is in the exact same style as T2 S4 but a good bit smaller. This is soooooo much better than what we had to deal with before at 2A/2C.

If your terminal is 2A, it is a much shorter walk from the TGV/RER station than before, assuming you OLCI and have carry on bags. And they have Access 1 lanes at the passport check and security which accept BA Gold cards and presumably others too.

I know this isn't directly AF related, but a big "WELL DONE" to ADP! ^
Old Sep 18, 2012, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Was flying from 2F1 this morning for the 1st time since the opening of the central security check in the middle of the terminal. Nicely done and large to accommodate many pax. But wanted to use the SkyPriority lane, they refused to let me in and sent me to the other SkyPriority control point on the far left (so a mile away ). Completely ridiculous as this new check point is clearly serving 2F1 gates. Do you see any good reason or was it just another lazy and incompetent agent ?

Last edited by Goldorak; Sep 18, 2012 at 6:47 am
Old Sep 18, 2012, 6:44 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!
Original Poster

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Completely ridiculous as this new check point is cleary serving 2F1 gates. Do you see any good reason or was it just another lazy and incompetent agent ?
Well, this is a transition period between September 17th and October 1st ... Things should be fine tuned by the end of the month, I guess.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 2:52 am

Was flying from 2F1 this morning for the 1st time since the opening of the central security check in the middle of the terminal. Nicely done and large to accommodate many pax. But wanted to use the SkyPriority lane, they refused to let me in and sent me to the other SkyPriority control point on the far left (so a mile away ). Completely ridiculous as this new check point is clearly serving 2F1 gates. Do you see any good reason or was it just another lazy and incompetent agent ?
I was also kicked out of there Sunday morning.
Will the existing dedicated "Acces #1" checkpoint remain there after 2F2 -> 2E move is done?
Old Sep 20, 2012, 5:29 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!
Original Poster

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Will the existing dedicated "Acces #1" checkpoint remain there after 2F2 -> 2E move is done?
I have no idea, but I like using this checkpoint when coming from the Sheraton, the VAL or the RER
Old Sep 20, 2012, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by JOUY31
I have no idea, but I like using this checkpoint when coming from the Sheraton, the VAL or the RER
I believe it will stay as the Schengen C/sky priority check-in counters are here at the beginning of the terminal. But I don't see the purpose of refusing Schengen pax at this new central security point, as it was far from being busy at the time I was there)
Old Oct 1, 2012, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by stimpy
I finally had the chance today to try terminal S4 with all its clothes on. It is the most beautiful terminal in Europe. Better by far than all the others although LHR T5 is close. And the lounge is excellent. We arrived around 11:00 and the place was relatively empty. We had no problem booking 3 of us into the Clarins spa. They were just taking breakfast down and around 11:30 lunch arrived. It got busier after 12:00. Staffing was really, really good in the lounge. Much better than the BA F lounge and CCR at LHR T5.

Drink highlights in the lounge were Henriot Champagne, an excellent 2003 Mersault, and Wild Turkey Bourbon.
Originally Posted by stimpy
I didn't see the breakfast and I was in the Clarins spa when lunch was laid out. By the time I went over to look it seemed to have mostly been devoured. I saw two rice dishes, plain pasta with Gorgonzola sauce on the side but I really didn't take the time to register it all. Someone will have to do a better food review later.
So now it's my turn to make a review of new S4 lounge. I was flying yesterday AF006 to JFK (departing 1:55 pm so just before the official closing time of the terminal). The evening before, checking on ADP iphone mobile app, I saw that the gate was already assigned and that...it was a M gate ^ ! So cool to finally have a chance to leave from S4 try the new lounge (I already arrived twice at S4 but never departed from it yet). So I even change the time of my pre-booked taxi to have more time on-site

Beautiful terminal with nice shops and great food offering. I walked from one end to the other end of the terminal and took many pics. This morning, from the time I arrived (about 10:30), the flights departing from S4 were : SFO, ABJ, CAN (CZ), JFK (A380), HKG and one or 2 others I forgot.
Then I moved to the lounge. Really nice, huge (you even have maps at different places of the lounge). Rest area on the right, food area on the left but there is one or two other bars located at diffent places of the lounge where you retrieve the full drink selection. Nice new feature is Tropicana fruit juice dispensing machines.
I-pads everywhere with all daily newspapers and magazines loaded in them.
Plenty of different kind of seatings. I recognized some seats on which they were making tests with customers in the S3 lounge - I participated to this test last year : http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-f...s4-lounge.html. )

Regarding food, there is a large dining section with tables (and iPads ). Food proposed includes the usual stuff (cheese board, cold cuts). Hot food included various kind of pastas and rice. I took some Chinese noddles with chicken and
mushrooms which were not too bad with some champagne and reading a paper on an iPad . Dessert section includes the usual fruit salad but also some nice verrines and éclairs au café & au chocolat and other cakes. I think they could be a little more imaginative for hot food but this lounge is really a great improvement and AF has done a great job here ^
Unfortunately, I had no time to use the Clarins massage. I should have arrived earlier
I have plenty of pictures but I have no time to do this now. I'll try later.

And this was a good start for my journey because when I left the lounge and boarded, a nice beep with read light occurred when my BP was scanned : I ws bumped from PV to J !!!
So very well done AF :-)

Last edited by Goldorak; Oct 1, 2012 at 2:31 pm
Old Oct 2, 2012, 2:49 am

So now it's my turn to make a review of new S4 lounge. I was flying yesterday AF006 to JFK (departing 1:55 pm so just before the official closing time of the terminal). The evening before, checking on ADP iphone mobile app, I saw that the gate was already assigned and that...it was a M gate ^ ! So cool to finally have a chance to leave from S4 try the new lounge (I already arrived twice at S4 but never departed from it yet). So I even change the time of my pre-booked taxi to have more time on-site

Beautiful terminal with nice shops and great food offering. I walked from one end to the other end of the terminal and took many pics. This morning, from the time I arrived (about 10:30), the flights departing from S4 were : SFO, ABJ, CAN (CZ), JFK (A380), HKG and one or 2 others I forgot.
Then I moved to the lounge. Really nice, huge (you even have maps at different places of the lounge). Rest area on the right, food area on the left but there is one or two other bars located at diffent places of the lounge where you retrieve the full drink selection. Nice new feature is Tropicana fruit juice dispensing machines.
I-pads everywhere with all daily newspapers and magazines loaded in them.
Plenty of different kind of seatings. I recognized some seats on which they were making tests with customers in the S3 lounge - I participated to this test last year : http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-f...s4-lounge.html. )

Regarding food, there is a large dining section with tables (and iPads ). Food proposed includes the usual stuff (cheese board, cold cuts). Hot food included various kind of pastas and rice. I took some Chinese noddles with chicken and
mushrooms which were not too bad with some champagne and reading a paper on an iPad . Dessert section includes the usual fruit salad but also some nice verrines and éclairs au café & au chocolat and other cakes. I think they could be a little more imaginative for hot food but this lounge is really a great improvement and AF has done a great job here ^
Unfortunately, I had no time to use the Clarins massage. I should have arrived earlier
I have plenty of pictures but I have no time to do this now. I'll try later.

And this was a good start for my journey because when I left the lounge and boarded, a nice beep with read light occurred when my BP was scanned : I ws bumped from PV to J !!!
So very well done AF :-)
Great report. ^
If this lounge is a first sign of things to come...great!

Can't wait to try out the M terminal myself.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Yes thanks for the great report Goldorak and congrats on the op-up!
Old Oct 2, 2012, 3:00 am
yno

Programs: FB, Accor, Marriot
I have tried the M terminal... not so a fan for transfer purposes... landing at 12 from SFO at one of the most remote gate and having to catch a flight in 2F shengen...
Just for info, running, it is possible to do the transfer in 23 mn (including 10 seconds at the customs, no waiting, a bunch of people were trying to get their plane in 2F, so the agent barely looked at the passports), however you luggage won't make it even if you have 50 minutes between planes :-(

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.