Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hub 2012, satellite S4 and future CDG2 developments

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2012, 1:56 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!
Original Poster

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
According to this post by cygnus, the airside bus from 2E to 2G, with security check in 2E and passport check in 2G is now in operation. ^ to Air France, ADP & PAF .
Old Oct 8, 2012, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Mynameismud
Never had to wait more than 5 minutes with http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-f...-crossing.html
The system has been nonoperational for a long time.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by brunos
I used it last week ex-CDG and returning in CDG and it was working.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 11:31 am

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory, EasyJet Plus, Club Corsair Gold, Thalys TheCard Platinum, Navigo 1-5
Originally Posted by brunos
Indeed, last two times I exited 2E, PARAFES was non operational.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 11:49 am

Programs: FB Plat./BA Gold (thanks BD)/A3 *Gold/HH Diamond/A Club Gold
Last Friday one of the three booths only was working - and even then, only for every second person could get it to work, maybe there were a lot of people who had old/unregistered passports who were just trying their luck...

More annoyingly, at 22h00 there were no agents at the Sky Priority desks, and only two agents in the normal booths. For a Friday evening it took a loooong time.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 12:28 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
I used PARAFES without any problem yesterday morning leaving from 2E (all booths working) and re-entering (all booths working as well IIRC).

Originally Posted by Mokshu
I hope someday AF will move DUB flights to something better than 2E.
Morning flight's boarding is at 2E while the aircraft is parked at 2G.
And when you get back on the 3PM DUB-CDG flight, you arrive at S3, walk for 5mins, then take the CDGVAL, then have to clear security with people coming from long-haul flights.
I took these exact flights yesterday, the early morning (07h20) out and the 15h back. Indeed we boarded a bus at K22 and were bussed to the G stands, on the return though the plane got a stand right at the main pier of 2E, in the little "backyard". Had to walk a couple of steps through the rain because they don't use air bridges for that flight so that people can retrieve their hand luggage from the little cart.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Angry

Slightly OT but are you annoyed as much as me by the pax flow for passport controls ADP has instated on arrival at 2E since several months ? I mean, when you arrive in main 2E from S3/S4 by the train and go downstairs to arrival immigration, you are very close to PARAFES booths but they make you go backward very far before you can make a U-turn and walk to passport booths or PARAFES gates. I can understand for the regular lanes, but they should at least leave a direct way to PARAFES without having to walk one more km for nothing?
Old Oct 10, 2012, 5:44 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Slightly OT but are you annoyed as much as me by the pax flow for passport controls ADP has instated on arrival at 2E since several months ? I mean, when you arrive in main 2E from S3/S4 by the train and go downstairs to arrival immigration, you are very close to PARAFES booths but they make you go backward very far before you can make a U-turn and walk to passport booths or PARAFES gates. I can understand for the regular lanes, but they should at least leave a direct way to PARAFES without having to walk one more km for nothing?
Very annoying indeed. Does not make any sense.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 7:26 am

Programs: FB Plat./BA Gold (thanks BD)/A3 *Gold/HH Diamond/A Club Gold
Not only pre-immigration but also post immigration...

After you are allowed into the Republique, you have to turn left, walk 100metres, go down a half a flight of stairs before walking back the same 100metres through the baggage hall.

Given that theese days a large percentage of people don't have checked in luggage that is a completely unnecessary and annoying detour - there used to be a short cut (by following connections instead of exit), but this has been closed for the past few months.

I know I don't do enough exercise in general, but I don't think it is up to ADP to make me walk an extra 200 metres...
Old Oct 10, 2012, 9:49 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by jsfr

After you are allowed into the Republique, you have to turn left, walk 100metres, go down a half a flight of stairs before walking back the same 100metres through the baggage hall.

Given that theese days a large percentage of people don't have checked in luggage that is a completely unnecessary and annoying detour - there used to be a short cut (by following connections instead of exit), but this has been closed for the past few months.

I know I don't do enough exercise in general, but I don't think it is up to ADP to make me walk an extra 200 metres...
The shortcut is "closed" only by some elastic band. Just ignore that (this is France, it takes more than an elastic band to make us respect a rule), walk down and follow the overall direction to the exit. You'll come out behind the back of one of the customs officers. Nice shortcut
Old Oct 10, 2012, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by jsfr

You are right. I forgot this one !

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
The shortcut is "closed" only by some elastic band. Just ignore that (this is France, it takes more than an elastic band to make us respect a rule), walk down and follow the overall direction to the exit. You'll come out behind the back of one of the customs officers. Nice shortcut
Never saw this short cut !!! Is it right in front of passport booths (where the screens with baggage belt info are) ?
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by JOUY31
According to this post by cygnus, the airside bus from 2E to 2G, with security check in 2E and passport check in 2G is now in operation. ^ to Air France, ADP & PAF .
New airside shuttle buses:
http://www.easycdg.com/1/airport-gui...shuttle-buses/
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:46 am

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory, EasyJet Plus, Club Corsair Gold, Thalys TheCard Platinum, Navigo 1-5
Originally Posted by olivedel
Very annoying indeed. Does not make any sense.
I second that. It's horrible, especially when there's no one. Had to do the U-Turn and all the lines were made in zig-zag even though the line was empty.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I'm back at the S4 M gates this morning and I had time to try the breakfast. I was was mostly disappointed. I think they must get this from the kitchens at the Sheraton? It seems the same to me. Pre-made omelettes. Ugh. I've recently been in the JL F lounge at NRT and the TG Biz lounge at BKK and in terms of food, this AF lounge doesn't come close to those. Nor is it as good as the BA GF lounge at LHR.

But the rest of the lounge is great. I had a very nice Clarins treatment and the Internet works very well. The Champagne has changed to Nicolas Feuillatte Brut millésimé 2005. I preferred the Henriot, but this isn't bad.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 1:48 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!
Original Poster

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Since the beginning of the week, the new airside passageway for passengers connecting from 2F to 2E's main boarding pier (K gates) is operational. No more security screening. Passport control takes place in the passageway.

The tentative date for opening of this passageway to passengers connecting from 2E (K gates - and M gates arriving on LISA) is March 2013. This should be the last major change to connecting passenger flows within the Hub 2012 project.

Last edited by JOUY31; Dec 20, 2012 at 2:25 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.