Wiki Posts
Search

Hub 2012, satellite S4 and future CDG2 developments

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2012, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Here is a fun Air France flash mob video shot right where we did our tour of S4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phyE...layer_embedded

Do they do this every day?
Old Jul 26, 2012, 6:24 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!
Original Poster

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
ADP 2012 investor day presentation

This document summarizes a lot of the information already available.

It does confirm that, after Air France leaves 2D at the end of October, 2D will revert to mixed mode (Schengen/non-Schengen traffic) operations and will also accommodate U2 during the time needed for the refurbishment of 2B.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 5:48 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
I'm very confused what flights are going in/out of where right now as they do this transition.

Where I can find recent gate assignments? Our group of four will be flying SLC-CDG on Delta and then doing CDG-CAI on AF on Aug 16. Since we're staying non-schengen we'll stay airside, but I assume the CDG-CAI at least will move somewhere other then 2F at some point. Right now it's listed as coming in at 2E and leaving 2F.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by bworrell
Where I can find recent gate assignments ?
I don't think this kind of info is available anywhere. Gates are assigned only a few hours before flight time and are always subject to change. To give you an example about the DL SLC flight, it usually leaves from the main pier of terminal 2E (K gates), but when I arrived from my last long-haul flight about 2 weeks ago at the new concourse S4 of terminal 2E (M gates), the SLC flight was departing from there. But this is always terminal 2E.

Originally Posted by bworrell
Our group of four will be flying SLC-CDG on Delta and then doing CDG-CAI on AF on Aug 16. Since we're staying non-schengen we'll stay airside, but I assume the CDG-CAI at least will move somewhere other then 2F at some point. Right now it's listed as coming in at 2E and leaving 2F.
If it's listed in 2F, then it's 2F and it won't change between now and aug 16. You would have been already advised in case of change. In any case, when'll you check-in in SLC, you will receive the BP for the CAI flight and it will show the terminal and the gate. And if not, you will check on the monitors when you disembark.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I finally had the chance today to try terminal S4 with all its clothes on. It is the most beautiful terminal in Europe. Better by far than all the others although LHR T5 is close. And the lounge is excellent. We arrived around 11:00 and the place was relatively empty. We had no problem booking 3 of us into the Clarins spa. They were just taking breakfast down and around 11:30 lunch arrived. It got busier after 12:00. Staffing was really, really good in the lounge. Much better than the BA F lounge and CCR at LHR T5.

Drink highlights in the lounge were Henriot Champagne, an excellent 2003 Mersault, and Wild Turkey Bourbon.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by stimpy
I finally had the chance today to try terminal S4 with all its clothes on. It is the most beautiful terminal in Europe. Better by far than all the others although LHR T5 is close. And the lounge is excellent.

(...)

Staffing was really, really good in the lounge. Much better than the BA F lounge and CCR at LHR T5.
^^^ to Air France!
Old Aug 16, 2012, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by stimpy
I finally had the chance today to try terminal S4 with all its clothes on. It is the most beautiful terminal in Europe. Better by far than all the others although LHR T5 is close. And the lounge is excellent. We arrived around 11:00 and the place was relatively empty. We had no problem booking 3 of us into the Clarins spa. They were just taking breakfast down and around 11:30 lunch arrived. It got busier after 12:00. Staffing was really, really good in the lounge. Much better than the BA F lounge and CCR at LHR T5.

Drink highlights in the lounge were Henriot Champagne, an excellent 2003 Mersault, and Wild Turkey Bourbon.
Very good to have the 1st review of S4 lounge ^
How was the food there ?
Old Aug 17, 2012, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Very good to have the 1st review of S4 lounge ^
How was the food there ?
I didn't see the breakfast and I was in the Clarins spa when lunch was laid out. By the time I went over to look it seemed to have mostly been devoured. I saw two rice dishes, plain pasta with Gorgonzola sauce on the side but I really didn't take the time to register it all. Someone will have to do a better food review later.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Next steps - September 17th & October 1st

From the Air France French travel agent portal:

On September 17th, the following long-haul flights operated by Air France will move from 2F2 to 2E:

- ABJ
- BEY
- BGF
- GIG
- GRU
- MRU
- YYZ

The following flights operated by Air France partners will move to 2C:
- Kenya Airways
- Middle East Airlines - Air Liban

Air Mauritius flights will move to 2E.

On October 1st
- all Air France-operated Schengen flights currently operating out of 2D will move to 2F
- all non-Schengen flights operate out of 2E, but check-in for flights to BKK, BOG, CAI, CCS, DXB, HAV & SXM takes place in 2F

No terminal change for flights operated by Air France partners:
- 2B : JU PS FB J2
- 2C : MD SV U8 FV SU
- 2D : AY BT LG OK OS OV UX
- 2E : AM BE CZ DL JL KE MU VN
- 2F : AZ KL

Regarding flights to VIE, I am not sure it means that, depending on the fact that the flight is operated by OS or AF, one will use 2D or 2F. It could lead to some misunderstandings. OTOH, it takes less than 10mn to walk between 2D and 2F

Last edited by JOUY31; Sep 4, 2012 at 1:19 pm
Old Aug 31, 2012, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by JOUY31
On October 1st
- all non-Schengen flights operate out of 2E, but check-in for flights to BKK, BOG, CAI, CCS, DXB, HAV & SXM takes place in 2F
What a strange idea
I can imagine the mess it will create for many pax. Do you know how long this will last ? And I suppose the reason is the saturation of the 2E check-in area ? If yes, I believe it was very obvious with so many things concentrated in 2E. And when you think that they wasted a huge part of main 2E building (on the far left), for a training center for employees, instead of having more check-in desks...
Old Aug 31, 2012, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak
What a strange idea
I can imagine the mess it will create for many pax. Do you know how long this will last ? And I suppose the reason is the saturation of the 2E check-in area ? If yes, I believe it was very obvious with so many things concentrated in 2E. And when you think that they wasted a huge part of main 2E building (on the far left), for a training center for employees, instead of having more check-in desks...
Well, it would not be a major problem to check-in in 2F for a flight that boards from S3 ...

I remember we raised the issue of this training center during dinner at the end of April . I am somewhat surprised that these changes take place before the end of the IATA summer season. On the other hand, it probably allows for some additional fine tuning, for the next to final steps of what has been, overall, a pretty smooth transition since the beginning of July.

Last edited by JOUY31; Aug 31, 2012 at 11:03 pm
Old Sep 4, 2012, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Schedule of flights migration at CDG in view of the 2E, 2F, 2G consolidation!

airlineroute.net has published a list of the first steps of migration of flights across terminals in view of the reorganisation which will soon mean that:

- All AF metal and code-share partner Schengen flights (including domestic) will leave from 2F (including the two current 2F1 and 2F2 piers which will be unified)

- All AF and code-share partner non-Schengen flights will leave from 2E (including S3 and S4)

- All regional franchise partners will leave from 2G

http://airlineroute.net/2012/09/04/af-cdg-sep12/

In a nutshell:

17 September:

- Abijan, Bangui, Beirut, Mauritius (both AF and Air Mauritius code-share), Rio, Sao Paulo, Toronto move to 2E

- KQ and MEA flights temporarily move to 2C

1 October:

- All 2D flights move to 2F (and amen to that!)

- All intercontinental AF flights operate from 2E except BKK, BOG, CAI, CCS, DXB, HAV, SXM (which will use 2F)

- RO flights move to 2E

Following codeshare partners remain in the following terminals:

CDG T2B: JU FB PS J2
CDG T2C: U8 FV SU SV MD
CDG T2D: AY BT LG UX OV OS OK
CDG T2E: AM BE CZ DL JL KE MU VN
CDG T2F: AZ KL
Old Sep 4, 2012, 6:16 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Thanks for this post! One thing is puzzling me:

Originally Posted by orbitmic
1 October:
- All intercontinental AF flights operate from 2E except BKK, BOG, CAI, CCS, DXB, HAV, SXM (which will use 2F)
...and then, they stay there?

Further. Some reports of chaos are emerging, particularly concerning drop-off and parking at 2E...lets see how this develops...
Old Sep 4, 2012, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Zembla
Thanks for this post! One thing is puzzling me:

Further. Some reports of chaos are emerging, particularly concerning drop-off and parking at 2E...lets see how this develops...
On your first point, no - these are the transitional phases. Those flights will definitely move to 2E ultimately. What I am less sure about is the flights of partner companies - some of which are still marked as operating ex-2B, C, or D. I don't know if they will ultimately be moved to 2E/F. My guess is that it depends on whether they want to use AF ground services or not.

On your second point, I think that as with any transition (anyone remembers the first days of LHR terminal 5, which now works like clock work?) chaos will be another equally 'necessary' stage of transition. Dropoff's people going to the wrong terminal, etc. Much will depend on AF's and ADP's hability to provide great signage and significant human resources to route people at the entrance of each terminal. Signage quality is a very subjective issue and depends on individual's "wiring" and style (e.g. I often find road indications confusing in the US despite having lived in the country several years a few years ago, but conversely, many of my American friends find road signs confusing in France and Britain!) and my personal evaluation of ADP's past record is that by my taste they have not been very good at it, but I hope it is a great occasion to improve! As for human assistance, there is no style issue about it. It just costs money and I hope that they invest it.

If I am not mistaken, the final stages of the transition are expected in November so pretty soon, and if all goes well, by early 2013, everything will be running totally smoothly and everyone will be boasting CDG's qualities as a great hub airport!
Old Sep 4, 2012, 7:09 am

Programs: Flying Blue (plat), Eurobonus (gold), Accor (plat), Bonvoy (plat)
Originally Posted by Zembla
Actually they don't. I've read somewhere (maybe in this forum ?) that those BKK, BOG, CAI, CCS, DXB, HAV, SXM flights leave from 2E but are checked at 2F. Terminal 2E seems already running at the maximum of its checking capacity - so was saying AF at the DO.

I'm not sure about the passenger itineray though. Maybe once you're checked-in at 2F they make you go back at 2E (quite confusing for people with carry-on luggage only who won't see their flight on the 2F departure screens...). Or you pass security at 2F, then emigration in the 2F-2E corridor, then... Security again at 2E ?
At least these flight don't leave from 2F as the terminal will be Schengen-only within a few days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.