Nice . Thanks.
Ditto.

"Sattelite" really grates, though.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 5:04 pm

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Mokshu
Hub 2012 changes for Air France
http://ompldr.org/vZDFrZg/Hub2012-AF-en.pdf
Looks pretty good! But let's wait for the implementation. Where will the 2C arrivals lounge go?
Old Mar 21, 2012, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by ajs123
Where will the 2C arrivals lounge go?
I heard that there are talks right now about the future of that lounge. Maybe they'll keep the lounge and get a sub-contractor to run it - or move all business to the new S4. No decision taken yet. As soon as I have something more "official", I'll post it here.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by chrissxb
I heard that there are talks right now about the future of that lounge. Maybe they'll keep the lounge and get a sub-contractor to run it - or move all business to the new S4. No decision taken yet. As soon as I have something more "official", I'll post it here.
If AF moves the arrival lounge (which seems likely), I believe the new one will be located in the main terminal 2E (I mean where check-in/baggage claim is). The reason is that all departure lounges in 2E have or will have (for the new S4) showers, so an arrival lounge should be located landside, as in 2C now. So, in this case, it can be only located in main 2E. Just my 2c
Old Mar 27, 2012, 11:07 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!
Original Poster

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Some photographs from the newly opened 2A-2C junction.

http://www.leparisien.fr/diaporama/e...=3#infoBulles1

http://www.batiactu.com/edito/roissy...o-p2-31668.php

Last edited by JOUY31; Apr 13, 2012 at 4:29 am
Old Mar 27, 2012, 4:08 pm
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
Any news about renovating the lounges in 02F? And/or moving the Espace Clarins from the 02D lounge?
Old Mar 30, 2012, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
ADP and AF want to make CDG "the favorite hub among travelers"

After being for years the ugly duckling among the major international airports , Roissy-Charles de Gaulle hopes to turn into a beautiful swan next summer, with the opening of satellite 4, which will be accompanied by a profound reorganization of the Air France hub.

Unveiled this morning at Roissy by the CEO of Aéroports de Paris, Pierre Graff and Air France counterpart, Alexandre de Juniac, this transformation project called "Hub 2012" would allow Air France-KLM and its Skyteam alliance partners to have a more competitive airport, but above all to greatly improve the connection time and quality of service. With the ambition to pass Roissy-CDG from the most hated to "the favorite hub among travelers."

The inauguration of the satellite 4, "before major departures in July," according to Pierre Graff, will first concentrate all flights of Air France-KLM and its partners on the terminals F and 2E. 2F will be devoted to intra-European flights to the Schengen area, while the 2E, with its two boarding satellites S3 and S4, will be dedicated to non Schengend/long-haul flights.

Improvement which should greatly simplify the lives of passengers. Especially as extra spaces will be added in October, in addition to the introduction of a single security check and a bond between the terminal 2F and S3, which will allow all passengers from the Schengen countries no longer to be controlled during their connection at Paris-Charles de Gaulle. Enough to earn an average of ten minutes connection time and reduce by one third the rate of missed connections.

"This is the first time we would have achieve significant productivity gains," said Michel Emeyriat, Air France deputy general manager of ground operations. The rate of aircraft contact should also increase from 80% to 90% for the long haul flights.

But the new satellite 4, which represents an investment of EUR 580 million, will also showcase the new ADP and Air France services, with several key innovations. Air France-KLM will launch its biggest business lounge: an area of ​​over 3,000 sqm and 600 seats, a design inspired by a landscape park, which costs EUR 13 million. Business passengers of Air France will have access to a spa offering free care, shower rooms, as well as 150 digital tablets to read the press.

Another innovation which should help to distinguish Roissy-CDG from other airports: a "museum" with the exhibit of original works of French museums. All type of paints will be presented, declared ADP, which had already success in 2010 with the exhibit of reproductions of masterpieces from the Musée d'Orsay. (...)

Finally, in early 2013, all Air France passengers with long-haul connections at Roissy-CDG may also enjoy a new space of 4,500 sqm, located on the second floor of the satellite 3. With, among other services, a hotel with 80 rooms than can be booked for a night or two hours.

Source: Les Echos (in French)
Old Mar 30, 2012, 6:55 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Looks like a further description of the pdf that Mokshu posted in a thread below. The hotel is new news...the pdf had only mentioned that there would be a place for people with long connections to stay. All great steps. If they could only do more than only 90% of long haul and 80% of medium haul getting gates.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 7:18 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
I think CDG has already improved in the past 10 years, from a gloomy connection nightmare to a sometimes efficient and mostly supportable airport (although terminal 1 continues to be quite chaotic). I am looking forward to all the further improvements. If it is true what they claim it might actually evolve further to an efficient and pleasant airport. ^
Old Mar 30, 2012, 7:22 am

I agree. It's a long way from having to deal with things like subterranean security corrals under 2C.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
The ADP press kit (in French, sorry):

http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/R..._voyageurs.pdf

In English, from the Air France web site:

http://corporate.airfrance.com/filea...ferred_hub.pdf
Old Mar 30, 2012, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by JOUY31
The ADP press kit (in French, sorry):

http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/R..._voyageurs.pdf

In English, from the Air France web site:

http://corporate.airfrance.com/filea...ferred_hub.pdf
Thanks for the links. While it's all in the execution, pretty amazing. If they're going to stay in 2G, I wonder if there's any plans to connect it by airside train to 2E.

Even though it's under construction, any chance we'll be able to get into S4 at the DO?
Old Mar 30, 2012, 9:58 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
It would be great if Shengen transfers can now be done within the same terminal. The 2D <-> 2F trip is quite a nasty one when in a rush.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios
It would be great if Shengen transfers can now be done within the same terminal. The 2D <-> 2F trip is quite a nasty one when in a rush.
If I never have to see the inside of 2D I'll be happy...what a mess airside.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 12:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
Even though it's under construction, any chance we'll be able to get into S4 at the DO?
I think Chris can answer that. I would venture that this may not be impossible .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.