Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hub 2012, satellite S4 and future CDG2 developments

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2012, 4:50 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by Goldorak
I ws bumped from PV to J !!!
AGAIN ??? Come on, Goldorak is stealing AF op-ups!
Old Oct 2, 2012, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Regarding food, there is a large dining section with tables (and iPads ). Food proposed includes the usual stuff (cheese board, cold cuts). Hot food included various kind of pastas and rice. I took some Chinese noddles with chicken and
mushrooms which were not too bad with some champagne and reading a paper on an iPad . Dessert section includes the usual fruit salad but also some nice verrines and éclairs au café & au chocolat and other cakes. I think they could be a little more imaginative for hot food but this lounge is really a great improvement and AF has done a great job here ^
Regarding hot food., you mention "include". Do they have any real hot food besides rice and pasta?
Old Oct 2, 2012, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by brunos
Regarding hot food., you mention "include". Do they have any real hot food besides rice and pasta?
I didn't see any other kind of hot food.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by olivedel
AGAIN ??? Come on, Goldorak is stealing AF op-ups!
Don't worry . Op-ups represents a very small number of my AF flights, but of course it's always very nice and pleasant
Old Oct 5, 2012, 11:54 am

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory, EasyJet Plus, Club Corsair Gold, Thalys TheCard Platinum, Navigo 1-5
I hope someday AF will move DUB flights to something better than 2E.
Morning flight's boarding is at 2E while the aircraft is parked at 2G.
And when you get back on the 3PM DUB-CDG flight, you arrive at S3, walk for 5mins, then take the CDGVAL, then have to clear security with people coming from long-haul flights.

Last edited by JOUY31; Oct 5, 2012 at 12:44 pm
Old Oct 5, 2012, 4:42 pm

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Originally Posted by Mokshu
I hope someday AF will move DUB flights to something better than 2E.
Morning flight's boarding is at 2E while the aircraft is parked at 2G.
And when you get back on the 3PM DUB-CDG flight, you arrive at S3, walk for 5mins, then take the CDGVAL, then have to clear security with people coming from long-haul flights.
Err...is there something better than 2E?
Old Oct 5, 2012, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Clear security when arriving from DUB and ending trip in CDG
You probably mean immigration, but yes that's the same in any airport. You should rather hope that Ireland joins the Schengen area one day...
Old Oct 7, 2012, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
You should rather hope that Ireland joins the Schengen area one day...
+1 (and the UK too for that matter but it doesn't look likely any time soon )
Old Oct 7, 2012, 9:40 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!
Original Poster

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
You should rather hope that Ireland joins the Schengen area one day...
I would guess that the ROI values more being in the common travel area than being in the Schengen zone. I don't see any reason for this to change any time soon.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 12:21 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
I believe it will stay as the Schengen C/sky priority check-in counters are here at the beginning of the terminal. But I don't see the purpose of refusing Schengen pax at this new central security point, as it was far from being busy at the time I was there)
I guess this checkpoint will remain active because I saw yesterday that they just installed some new checkpoint furniture there.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 2:01 am

Programs: FB Plat./BA Gold (thanks BD)/A3 *Gold/HH Diamond/A Club Gold
Originally Posted by JOUY31
I would guess that the ROI values more being in the common travel area than being in the Schengen zone. I don't see any reason for this to change any time soon.
Given that there is no physical border at all on the Island between the North and the South (and implementing one would be Expensive, Impossible and very very controversial) this is not going to happen until the UK joins Schengen,

And that will never happen...

This said, as my trips over the channel often involve both UK and ROI, I'm just happy to be delivered back to the same terminal (2E) and not dumed at 2G with the perspective of an extra 45mins to get back to my car... If they cuold get LISA to 2G things would be different...
Old Oct 8, 2012, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jsfr
Given that there is no physical border at all on the Island between the North and the South (and implementing one would be Expensive, Impossible and very very controversial)
The biggest obstacle is not financial or physical but political. While I can imagine circumstances which might lead to a temporary re-introduction of land border controls, the idea that Ireland would acknowledge the existence of a permanent legitimate border between North and South (as distinct from a practical temporary policing/security arrangement) is utterly unthinkable.

this is not going to happen until the UK joins Schengen,

And that will never happen...
Well, "never" is rather a long time. Look at how Europe looked 60 years ago and compare to what it looks like now. Besides, some creative solutions that do not involve Schengen membership may be found.
But I agree that all of this is not for the foreseeable future.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by NickB
The biggest obstacle is not financial or physical but political. While I can imagine circumstances which might lead to a temporary re-introduction of land border controls, the idea that Ireland would acknowledge the existence of a permanent legitimate border between North and South (as distinct from a practical temporary policing/security arrangement) is utterly unthinkable.

Well, "never" is rather a long time. Look at how Europe looked 60 years ago and compare to what it looks like now. Besides, some creative solutions that do not involve Schengen membership may be found.
But I agree that all of this is not for the foreseeable future.
+1 on both points... including that 'never' is a rather dangerous prediction to make and a term probably excessively used by British politicians themselves. After all, let us remember that about 200 years ago some prominent British politicians and activists were loudly claiming that Britain would NEVER adopt the imperial system of measurement. Now they don't want to lose it
Old Oct 8, 2012, 5:01 am

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory, EasyJet Plus, Club Corsair Gold, Thalys TheCard Platinum, Navigo 1-5
Clear security when arriving from DUB and ending trip in CDG
You probably mean immigration, but yes that's the same in any airport. You should rather hope that Ireland joins the Schengen area one day...
Yes sorry, immigration
I indeed hope to have Ireland joing Schengen one day, but what is really annoying is that if your flight has delay, you end up in a full queue line with people coming from all over the world
Old Oct 8, 2012, 5:09 am

Yes sorry, immigration
I indeed hope to have Ireland joing Schengen one day, but what is really annoying is that if your flight has delay, you end up in a full queue line with people coming from all over the world
Never had to wait more than 5 minutes with http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-f...-crossing.html

Last edited by Mynameismud; Oct 8, 2012 at 5:45 am Reason: forgot comment

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.