Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2017, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Excuse me.

EXCUSE ME!

How dare you say this is better.

I have feelings too.

this time I cut everything up into pieces and mixed it around. I'm sure 2 seconds in a blender would have resulted in a better salad.
But the bacon, croutons, and the "hard" cheese biscuit look to be all intact still... I was expecting diced up everything.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 2:22 am
alc

Originally Posted by yyznomad
How was your DBML? Egg and cheese sandwich doesn't sound so bad.
It is better than the cheese plate, IMO. Beside, you get the usual look from PAX around you when you get a specially delivery meal that is different than everyone else. (especially when I ever fly on Int'l route )

Since I flew 2 flights per day for 8 times within a span of 2 weeks (today will be the last day), I think I welcome the change of the offering overall. So, when I got that Salmon plate on last Friday, it was "enlightening" to have something different. But I agreed, it was a bit too dried.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Excuse me.

EXCUSE ME!

How dare you say this is better.

I have feelings too.

this time I cut everything up into pieces and mixed it around. I'm sure 2 seconds in a blender would have resulted in a better salad.
Plus, who serves a vegetation salad (especially with bacon as the meat) as the only option?
Old Oct 23, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
I had the Caesar Salad last week...I thought it was really good. Maybe a little difficult to mix properly, but all the compo nets were tasty. I found it to be a nice change.

Also, I had the Veal Stew that came with cheesy gratin potatoes....it was really good- maybe the best meal I have had on Air Canada.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 11:14 am

Programs: AC Altitude SE100K, HH Diamond
Is it a deconstructed salad or is it fixin's for a BLC with Caesar dressing?
Old Oct 23, 2017, 11:19 am

Programs: Air Canada - Aeroplan Black, AC - E50K, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by AleEat
Honestly, that would be the smart way to eat it. +1 for creativity
Old Oct 24, 2017, 1:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ScGhost0
Honestly, that would be the smart way to eat it. +1 for creativity
Next time, I'll try, but I have some doubts.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by AleEat
Definitely a candidate for the hacks and mods thread.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 5:16 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Rouge TB (YYZMCO) menu
(Sorry - my photo cut off the menu serial code)

Stubby water bottle in lieu of PDB (RIP OJ)

Mesclun salad, grape tomato, shaved fennel and dill with vinaigrette

Butter chicken served with herb basmati rice, seasoned spinach, chickpeas and red peppers
OR
Ricotta and portobello manicotti with a white wine and shallot rosé sauce on a bed of spinach

Vanilla cheesecake with strawberry swirl

Warm breads served with butter.

COMMENTS
GOOD: I was afraid to order chicken because of the peppers (allergy) but do not like mushrooms so I did it and was pleased. Much better than the (not-)tandoori chicken. White meat, a little dry, but nice sauce, not at all contaminated with the pepper-having side.

BAD: NO NUTS of any temperature were offered. Shades of service to come.
Very late even starting beverage service. Tried to push the French red on me (showed me the word "France" rather than the front of the label) but I wanted the Argentinian.
Confiscated the menus before service.
NO BREAD WAS SERVED. At all. Little plastic butters should have been removed from tray so as not to rub our noses in it. Wasted balsamic in salad bowl crying out for bread to soak it up.
NO DESSERT WAS SERVED*. The cheesecake is my least preferred of all the church-basement calibre desserts they have on rouge, but dang - dessert!
The * is because 1C got served dessert, after the meal tray was taken away. She did not offer same to anyone else.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 5:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flyquiet
Rouge TB (YYZMCO) menu
(Sorry - my photo cut off the menu serial code)

Stubby water bottle in lieu of PDB (RIP OJ)

Mesclun salad, grape tomato, shaved fennel and dill with vinaigrette

Butter chicken served with herb basmati rice, seasoned spinach, chickpeas and red peppers
OR
Ricotta and portobello manicotti with a white wine and shallot rosé sauce on a bed of spinach

Vanilla cheesecake with strawberry swirl

Warm breads served with butter.

COMMENTS
GOOD: I was afraid to order chicken because of the peppers (allergy) but do not like mushrooms so I did it and was pleased. Much better than the (not-)tandoori chicken. White meat, a little dry, but nice sauce, not at all contaminated with the pepper-having side.

BAD: NO NUTS of any temperature were offered. Shades of service to come.
Very late even starting beverage service. Tried to push the French red on me (showed me the word "France" rather than the front of the label) but I wanted the Argentinian.
Confiscated the menus before service.
NO BREAD WAS SERVED. At all. Little plastic butters should have been removed from tray so as not to rub our noses in it. Wasted balsamic in salad bowl crying out for bread to soak it up.
NO DESSERT WAS SERVED*. The cheesecake is my least preferred of all the church-basement calibre desserts they have on rouge, but dang - dessert!
The * is because 1C got served dessert, after the meal tray was taken away. She did not offer same to anyone else.
Doesn't the dessert come on the same tray as everything else?
Old Nov 2, 2017, 5:57 pm

Normally, yes.
This time, we had a nice serving of nothing-at-all, complete with no-garnish, on an invisible plate.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 6:15 pm

Programs: TK *G
Normally, yes.
This time, we had a nice serving of nothing-at-all, complete with no-garnish, on an invisible plate.
Was the plane swapped last minute or had a short layover? I once had menu taken away and I asked why, FA said since it's a last minute swap they didn't have enough for the next flight.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 7:25 pm

It was the aircraft I was expecting having booked it relatively late (within my upgrade window). I don't mind them taking the menu back. I mind them not giving me nuts, bread, and dessert.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 7:50 pm

Programs: TK *G
It was the aircraft I was expecting having booked it relatively late (within my upgrade window). I don't mind them taking the menu back. I mind them not giving me nuts, bread, and dessert.
I was suggesting that due to a tight turn around there might be some catering issues, including menus, nuts, desserts, etc.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 7:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
....I don't mind them taking the menu back. I mind them not giving me nuts, bread, and dessert.
THIS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.