Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2018, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
AC used to offer a choice between water and orange juice (served in a small plastic cup), but switched to offering bottles of water pre-departure a few months ago.

Didn't you receive the bottle of water?
Domestic predeparture beverage downgraded as of August 7, 2017

More like, over half a year ago.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 10:37 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
As per @yyznomad 's suggestion, I moved this exchange over to this thread

Originally Posted by nbbb
I guess AC stripped the domestic flight menus from their web site, huh. I can't see them any longer.
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Which flight and day were you looking for, specifically? I'm assuming you tried searching for several different flights over several days?
(I guess your question is better suited for the North American meal offering thread and not this one)

And that all said.....and picking a random Domestic route and date on AC.com, we have:

Old Apr 5, 2018, 2:15 pm

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by 24left
As per @yyznomad 's suggestion, I moved this exchange over to this thread

And that all said.....and picking a random Domestic route and date on AC.com, we have:

Yes, unfortunately it has been like this for domestic itineraries since the March menus (late February) had been posted
Old Apr 22, 2018, 11:31 pm
Suspended

AC 182 YVR-YYZ April 22 2018

Ah, another incarnation of the Waldorf Salad.

The bocconcini-tomato salad and the deconstructed Caesar salad are more substantial in terms of quantity. This was not.

Tis was the first time I've had the General Tao and it was really good, very tasty, moist chicken, nice little spice kick. Only wish there were a few more veggies.

Old Apr 23, 2018, 12:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I had the pancakes this morning instead of my usual omelette. There's no way that would have been possible without my SE meal priority. A lot of people were asking for it.

It was quite nice actually, though I'm not usually craving a high-carb breakfast, so it'll probably be another few years before I try it again.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Recent menu. They still don't seem to know that the correct English translation from the French curcuma is actually turmeric. Instead, they just use the French words; as if anyone who does not speak either French or another language such as Portuguese in which the name of the spice is also curcuma would understand.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 11:23 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Stranger
Recent menu. They still don't seem to know that the correct English translation from the French curcuma is actually turmeric. Instead, they just use the French words; as if anyone who does not speak either French or another language such as Portuguese in which the name of the spice is also curcuma would understand.
I wouldn't understand either one.
canadiancow and longtimeflyin like this.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
I wouldn't understand either one.
They probably don't either.

BTW, turmeric is the cheap stuff that tourist traps serving paella (in Spain of course, but surely elsewhere too) use instead of saffron, which is quite expensive) to get their rice to quite the right color. But not the right taste. (And no, not saying that in the AC dish case, same logic apply. Likely not.)
Old Apr 23, 2018, 10:22 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
This may sound crazy, but can the FA’s sell you any of the economy stuff if you’re in J? The cup noodles are a guilty pleasure of mine.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
This may sound crazy, but can the FA’s sell you any of the economy stuff if you’re in J? The cup noodles are a guilty pleasure of mine.
It's extremely rare I'm told they can't sell it to me.

The annoyance is that it's not always offered free of charge.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 10:30 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by canadiancow
It's extremely rare I'm told they can't sell it to me.

The annoyance is that it's not always offered free of charge.
If asking for the bistro stuff was free of charge I might end up causing five Y passengers to miss out on a meal. Anyway, good to know. I am okay paying what has now increased to $4 for cup noodles that I know are bad but cannot resist eating.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 10:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
If asking for the bistro stuff was free of charge I might end up causing five Y passengers to miss out on a meal. Anyway, good to know. I am okay paying what has now increased to $4 for cup noodles that I know are bad but cannot resist eating.
You can buy these from a store for less and bring them onboard. AC isn't BA and doesn't charge for hot water.

Anyone know if cup noodles will make it through CATSA?
Old Apr 23, 2018, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by 24left
You can buy these from a store for less and bring them onboard. AC isn't BA and doesn't charge for hot water.

Anyone know if cup noodles will make it through CATSA?
If there's no liquid, then sure.

But I'm not sure the hassle is worth $4. And there's always a chance you won't even be charged.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 2:44 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
I am currently on AC112. The ice cream today is a swiss milk chocolate gelato. It really is quite good and, IMHO, much better that the vanilla. I'll bet Two Four can't wait to taste it!
Old Apr 25, 2018, 2:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
I am currently on AC112. The ice cream today is a swiss milk chocolate gelato. It really is quite good and, IMHO, much better that the vanilla. I'll bet Two Four can't wait to taste it!
You rang?

(such a tease. lol)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.