Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2018, 8:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
AC 182 YVR-YYZ January 2018

Menu and meal items

@gabdusch clearly did an awesome job "reconstructing" his Caesar.

I kind of like it the way it is.

Loved the scenery during diner

Did Not love this. Had one bite and skipped the rest.

But here comes the rescue trolley

Ah, so much better

reignFly likes this.

Last edited by 24left; Feb 12, 2018 at 11:51 pm Reason: Nomad wanted smaller menus
Old Jan 31, 2018, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Hey @24left, can you make your menu pictures larger? I can't read them. Too small.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 9:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Hey @24left, can you make your menu pictures larger? I can't read them. Too small.
Done. Just for you. Noted in my Reason for Edit.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by 24left
Done. Just for you. Noted in my Reason for Edit.
Nice. Thanks.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 3:43 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Yuppp after those two posts by the plane food pic legends 24left and gabdusch, I'll be retiring from taking any further plane food pics LOL!

Gab's caesar salad looks almost restaurant quality, excellent tossing mid flight sir
gabdusch likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 3:50 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SKYEG
Yuppp after those two posts by the plane food pic legends 24left and gabdusch......
LMAO. Also thanks.

.......I'll be retiring from taking any further plane food pics LOL!.....
Nooooo, I love your posts. They are edgy and real and hilarious the perfect balance to my "boudoir food photos" without the portrait lens.
SKYEG likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 7:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Yuppp after those two posts by the plane food pic legends 24left and gabdusch, I'll be retiring from taking any further plane food pics LOL!

Gab's caesar salad looks almost restaurant quality, excellent tossing mid flight sir
Yeah. It's on my menu this weekend (YYZ-SFO), and I'd love mine to look like that.

I'm trying very hard not to make a salad tossing joke though.
gabdusch and SKYEG like this.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 5:18 pm

Okay so my caesar did not have NEARLY enough dressing. I went through all the work of tossing it properly, and then it was dry.

And there's no vinaigrette! I usually use that on my bread
Old Feb 4, 2018, 8:18 pm

My flight ran out of Coke Zero.

Again.

Every time.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 4:01 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
I have back to back flights ICN-Canada in Y these upcoming two weekends... I'll ask for Coke zero near end of flight and see if they run out in Y too! (YVR-YYC, YEG-YVR, YVR-YWG, YWG-YYZ).

If I'm lucky and get an upgrade, I'll ask as well.

Unacceptable, considering that's literally the only drinkable soda lol

Last edited by SKYEG; Feb 5, 2018 at 4:09 pm
Old Feb 5, 2018, 8:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
I don't understand this fascination with coke zero in N. America AC business class. 96mg of caffeine and a bunch of aspartame. What am I missing? I suspect very few people have a coke zero which is why AC runs out of them.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 8:03 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
The only good coke is the original coke
Old Feb 5, 2018, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
I don't understand this fascination with coke zero in N. America AC business class. 96mg of caffeine and a bunch of aspartame. What am I missing? I suspect very few people have a coke zero which is why AC runs out of them.
96mg of caffeine, that sounds high.

This site says 34mg

https://www.caffeineinformer.com/caf...tent/coke-zero
canadiancow likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by American Cancer Society
Many studies have looked for health effects in lab animals fed aspartame, often in doses higher than 4,000 mg/kg per day over their lifetimes. These studies have not found any health problems that are consistently linked with aspartame.
My mass is ~81kg. Which means I could consume 324,000mg (or 324g for you metric-prefix folk) of Coke Zero, per day, and have no health problems from the aspartame.

355mL of Coke Zero contains ~180mg of aspartame. That means I could drink 639 liters (not milliliters) of Coke Zero per day, and have no aspartame-related health problems.

The aspartame-causes-cancer myth is a myth.

As for the caffeine, quantumofforce covered that. I can have three Coke Zeros to your one cup of coffee.

If you have two cups of coffee, I can have six cans of Coke Zero. If you have three cups of coffee on a transcon (that's more than any of my friends have had, but not really pushing it), I can't have nine cans of Coke Zero. There aren't that many.

So if caffeine is an issue, then coffee is a much bigger problem than Coke Zero.
ffsim, SKYEG and quantumofforce like this.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 9:37 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
I almost exclusively work Business Class and can say that Coke Zero is the least requested of all of the carbonated beverages. I honestly can't recall every completely depleting the supply on board. I want to qualify this by saying, that when somebody requests a Diet Coke, I proactively offer a choice between the two.
longtimeflyin likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.