Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2015, 10:37 am

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by tracon
Last night YYZ-YVR the menu had a crumble listed for dessert. However cookies and ice cream were loaded.
Same for YYC-YYZ last Sunday. Single tray meal service including salad and crumble with main, then ice cream and cookie later. It was another part of the whole deal that had my questioning why anybody would pay $3600 for that 4 hour gate to gate in J.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 12:05 pm
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by ridefar
Same for YYC-YYZ last Sunday. Single tray meal service including salad and crumble with main, then ice cream and cookie later. It was another part of the whole deal that had my questioning why anybody would pay $3600 for that 4 hour gate to gate in J.
Maybe that question should be asked to the one who bought the ticket?
Old Jan 20, 2015, 11:51 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Was the menu a deliberate change then? Actual catering to follow soon?
Old Jan 23, 2015, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Tablecloths

What is the rationale for the FAs not placing tablecloths on our tray tables?

1. None or not enough were loaded by catering services;
2a. FA's prerogative - depends on how they feel that day
2b. Lazy crew
3. Time constraints so save 30 seconds by not using tablecloths
4. Absolute rookie crew who can't tell a JW Black from apple juice
5. Any combination of the above
6. Other?

???
Old Jan 23, 2015, 11:13 am

Programs: Irrelevant
Originally Posted by yyznomad
What is the rationale for the FAs not placing tablecloths on our tray tables?

1. None or not enough were loaded by catering services;
2a. FA's prerogative - depends on how they feel that day
2b. Lazy crew
3. Time constraints so save 30 seconds by not using tablecloths
4. Absolute rookie crew who can't tell a JW Black from apple juice
5. Any combination of the above
6. Other?

???
What was the flight?

I have seen this happen on many Rapidair flights, usually because they were not brought on board as part of the catering.

I have seen this happen twice on cross country flights, and the SD made it a point to mention that the table clothes were not boared.

There are other flights where I have never had a table cloth, such as YVR-YXY. I never really bother with them, I usually just keep them to the side anyway. I hate having my tray table out and covered for no reason, I place the tray table just before the food tray is given to me, and promptly bring the tray to the galley when I'm done.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 1:41 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport

The answer is .... 1. On occasion due to catering error they are short or not boarded and if discovered ahead of time not valid criteria for delaying a flight. Placemats are not provisioned on Rapidair or YVR-YXY flights. They are the service spec for Premium Long Haul Domestic and International flights. It's not optional (where required) and not a lazy versus non-lazy issue.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 7:24 pm

Programs: NEXUS, UA Club
I had a quick question regarding flights I just booked from EWR-YYZ. The flight to YYZ leaves at 10:20 AM (CR7) and the flight from YYZ leaves at 20:55 (E90). I know this route used to have meals/snacks, but it's been a while since I've flown the route, and on the confirmation page it doesn't show any meal service. Just curious if these flights still provide meals or did that get cut? Thanks!!
Old Feb 14, 2015, 8:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
AC 1843 this morning, SD did row 3, then 2F (E50K tag on his bag), then me in 2D. Only one choice left. I asked her about it and she said there were VIPs and Super Elites on board.

If you have more VIP/SE/MM than non-omelettes, there's a catering problem.

Not that I particularly believe that to be the case...
Old Feb 14, 2015, 8:49 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Meal orders in advance - AC hello?

Originally Posted by canadiancow
....If you have more VIP/SE/MM than non-omelettes, there's a catering problem.....
Ah, interesting that you should mention this experience

Note the part about getting what you want (without running out of choice) and reducing wastage

http://www.ausbt.com.au/review-qanta...-meal-ordering
Old Feb 14, 2015, 9:26 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by 24left
I think advance meal selection would be a significant improvement (although it would remove another on-board perk of achieving 100K status).

Even WS provides this service for both Plus and economy now. My parents are booked to RSW and they received an email asking if they would like to advance purchase a meal. They've ordered their preferences and now don't have to concern themselves about options not being available by the time the FA gets to their row.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 11:00 am

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by PlainEnthusiast
I think advance meal selection would be a significant improvement (although it would remove another on-board perk of achieving 100K status).
I'll bet you 9/10 SE's would prefer advanced selection over being asked first. And that's only because the 10th one forgot to vote.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 3:38 pm
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
I wouldn't want to order in advance, I can't decide what I want to eat tomorrow today
Old Feb 18, 2015, 12:33 pm

Ok I'm booked I class YHZ-YYZ March 29 20:30 PM- do I get any meal options? Then I'm also booked March 30 YYZ-Den Business I- 8:45 AM- what do I get then? This is my FIRST time in Business class- I'm a FF Economy class but my AP ticket got screwed up by UA and now I'm travelling a day earlier to make the flight times work but they've upgraded us to Business- just curious as to what I should expect and if I should buy food to take on plane or if it is included in my ticket?
Old Feb 18, 2015, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by hallen
Ok I'm booked I class YHZ-YYZ March 29 20:30 PM- do I get any meal options? Then I'm also booked March 30 YYZ-Den Business I- 8:45 AM- what do I get then? This is my FIRST time in Business class- I'm a FF Economy class but my AP ticket got screwed up by UA and now I'm travelling a day earlier to make the flight times work but they've upgraded us to Business- just curious as to what I should expect and if I should buy food to take on plane or if it is included in my ticket?
I think UA serves dry goods in their NA flights even in I. It was terrible on flights ORD-YYC. So if you need to eat something during your flight get some goodies that you like to feel good. I was OK as 4 hrs is not that long and used the Lounge to get some drinks and pretzels to fuel up before flights.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hallen
Then I'm also booked March 30 YYZ-Den Business I- 8:45 AM- what do I get then?
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
I think UA serves dry goods in their NA flights even in I.
Fortunately, the 8:45AM YYZ-DEN departure is AC not UA, so OP will be served an edible breakfast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.