Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2015, 8:02 am

Programs: Free Agent
AC LAX-YYZ (767 pod):
new (to me) lunch menu- meatballs with fettuccine; roasted chicken with lentils.

Not seeing how I could cope with slurpy noodles in a business suit, went with the chicken. yuck. 4 skinny pieces of thigh meat with skin; mountain of lentils and two carrot sticks. thank goodness for ice cream!

Will try the meatballs next time but perhaps AC could consider a pasta change to something easier to eat in a small plate- like a rotini.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 8:05 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Moroccan style lamb, chicken with cream sauce, salmon with ginger Thai fish sauce and ratatouille YYZ YEG
Old Mar 10, 2015, 10:29 am

Programs: AC-SE, EK-G, GF-G
Originally Posted by canolakid
AC LAX-YYZ (767 pod):
new (to me) lunch menu- meatballs with fettuccine; roasted chicken with lentils.

Not seeing how I could cope with slurpy noodles in a business suit, went with the chicken. yuck. 4 skinny pieces of thigh meat with skin; mountain of lentils and two carrot sticks. thank goodness for ice cream!

Will try the meatballs next time but perhaps AC could consider a pasta change to something easier to eat in a small plate- like a rotini.
that sounds like very cheap food, and definitely doesn't meet the high standards of J class. No wonder they gave you meat with skin and mountain of lentils…it's cheap! Was the lentil uncooked?
Old Mar 10, 2015, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
With the new domestic long haul menu so far I've tried the lamb dish and today the chicken dish.

Was quite impressed with the chicken dish. Did the survey they handed out in J.

After I handed the survey back to the SD, I went Homer "doh!" and forgot to put more scathing criticisms in the free form feedback section. Oh well - next time... like tomorrow.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 9:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Last night on AC132, this was my dinner. Perfectly bake to my preference for soft-chewy-melty.

(this more than made up for new pasta option that was not edible.)
Old Mar 10, 2015, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by 24left
Last night on AC132, this was my dinner. Perfectly bake to my preference for soft-chewy-melty.

(this more than made up for new pasta option that was not edible.)
Did you chew your cookie and spit it back out before taking the pic?
Old Mar 10, 2015, 9:45 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Did you chew your cookie and spit it back out before taking the pic?

Really???????

FA said the cookies were so soft, they crumbled when she lifted them off the serving tray

I think she felt bad and gave me some broken pieces to make up for giving me a cookie with a missing chocolate chip. LOLOL (so she said)

Last edited by 24left; Mar 10, 2015 at 9:55 pm Reason: Because spelling is optional. Blame timezones.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 24left
Really???????

FA said the cookies were so soft, they crumble when she lifted them off the serving tray

I think she felt back and gave me some broken pieces to make up for giving me a cookie with a missing chocolate chip. LOLOL (so she said)
Although I rarely have the cookies and ice cream, they to me, are like food institution for AC J... the smell of them baking... mmmmm

Probably the only food item in J that I don't mind having around forever.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 3:54 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Am I the only one who has filled out a survey of my J meal on board? They surveyed everyone on my flight!
Old Mar 11, 2015, 5:50 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Am I the only one who has filled out a survey of my J meal on board? They surveyed everyone on my flight!

See post 1819

(none were handed out on my 4 flights this past week)
Old Mar 11, 2015, 6:12 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Apparently so. I handed out 24 with a little chit chat, and received back 3.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
Apparently so. I handed out 24 with a little chit chat, and received back 3.
Just out of curiousity: Are you more likely to get feedback from SEs or pax who fly J one a year? Or is there no pattern?
Old Mar 11, 2015, 6:37 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Just out of curiousity: Are you more likely to get feedback from SEs or pax who fly J one a year? Or is there no pattern?
Honestly I think it's completely random. A 767 full of SE/MM's and not one filled out the survey. There are SE/MM's and then there are FT-SE/MM's
Old Mar 11, 2015, 6:43 am
Suspended

Pasta Fails - First World Problems

IMHO

I am well aware that the issues of meals in J cabin are important to some fliers and considered First World Problems to others.

That said, someone somewhere has decided that pastas need to have cream sauces, and salt for taste. The previous tomato-based sauces on the pasta dishes at least had some flavor and nutritional value.

The cream and cheese-based sauces were not only heavy and sticky, they had no taste (other than salty)

On the TPAC, the ravioli was drowned out by the heavy white stuff. You wouldn't know there was anything else on the plate. Two bites into it, I gave up.

On the Dom YVR-YYZ, the dish was not only unappealing visually, the mushrooms and the tiny pieces of eggplant were very tough, the slab of pasta was a mystery and the sticky cream sauce was...

Since surveys were not handed out, I'm posting my comments here.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
Honestly I think it's completely random. A 767 full of SE/MM's and not one filled out the survey. There are SE/MM's and then there are FT-SE/MM's
"A 767 full of SE/MM's and not one filled out the survey"

You wonder why AC is taking the approach there are with their most frequent flyers? Heck ,200+ SEMMers on a single 767? A record?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.