Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Post your LMUs (Last Minute Upgrades) here.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 25, 2015, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
So we can all get a handle on how they are going to work in the real world, how much they will cost, et c.

Post flight, date, route, original fare basis (T, T+, Lat, etc), and if known, seat inventory (i.e. J9, C7, Z5, I3). If you do upgrade, please also let us know how many empty J seats there were in the cabin, if any. And if you were considering a certificate upgrade, why or why you didn't opt for the LMU.

It would be helpful if this thread could be limited to "just the facts" and no discussion, which could be posted elsewhere. That should make this thread more useful for everyone.

Should anyone want to discuss LMU's further please post in this thread:

LMU (Last Minute Upgrades) fare discussion & questions
Print Wikipost

Post your LMUs (Last Minute Upgrades) here.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2015, 11:40 am

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold
YYT-YUL A320 $222+tax
YUL-YYC E90 $619+tax (offered at $569+tax at t-6 hours...)

Both on AP Reward (X) booked yesterday for travel tomorrow. Declined. If I cared about J that much, I would've just spent the extra 25k points.

Last edited by kraftdinner_; Jun 2, 2015 at 3:45 am Reason: updated offer
Old Jun 1, 2015, 12:01 pm

Programs: AC AP Elite
AC 253 YEG-YVR $179 plus tax.....declined
AC1172 YVR-YYZ $679 plus tax......declined

Both flights like kraftdinner above, are Classic Flights Aeroplan Rewards X class, and I also could have booked them J for double the miles.....once upon a time J rewards were 40,000 miles not 50,000. This program keeps getting more and more watered down. Like Air Canada you pay more and more and get less and less.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 1:24 pm

Programs: AC SE100K
Pulled a total rookie mistake last week. Was on AC869 (M fare) and offered LMU for 649 on T-24 OLCI. It was early in the morning (there might have been a hangover involved) and I wasn't paying close attention. Jumped on it and bought it. A few hours later I bothered to check my email and discovered that 649 was not 649 CAD but 649 GBP.

Merde.
Enjoyed the flight but there were a lot of things I could have done with $1,300.
Total. Rookie. Mistake.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 8:09 pm

Programs: AC E50K, Fairmont Plat, NEXUS
YYT-YHZ AC 8993 $179 from Tango. Declined.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 9:09 pm

Programs: AC 35K, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Pleasant surprise this morning. While waiting to board, my name gets called by gate agent and I was upgraded to J. It was AC 243 YVR to YEG, and I had Tango ticket!
So my new BP has "no meal" written with pen, however I was served full, hot breakfast on board and really enjoyed this short flight. Thanks Air Canada!
Old Jun 2, 2015, 7:53 am

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE
YUL-YVR AC111 A320 LMU $579+Tx at T-24 from Flex G. Declined.

Last edited by DNAwizard; Jun 3, 2015 at 1:03 pm
Old Jun 2, 2015, 10:56 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Originally Posted by Suncana
Pleasant surprise this morning. While waiting to board, my name gets called by gate agent and I was upgraded to J. It was AC 243 YVR to YEG, and I had Tango ticket!
So my new BP has "no meal" written with pen, however I was served full, hot breakfast on board and really enjoyed this short flight. Thanks Air Canada!
Nice BUT they actually wrote it in pen "no meal" unavailable! Good on the FAs that they still gave you food! I'm sure they probably don't care, for as long as you're there they will give it to you!
Old Jun 2, 2015, 11:00 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
AC876 YYZ-FRA = $1600 (with EU FP Flex) declined
AC877 FRA-YYZ = €800 (with EU FP Flex) declined
Old Jun 2, 2015, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by BRAISKI
Nice BUT they actually wrote it in pen "no meal" unavailable! Good on the FAs that they still gave you food! I'm sure they probably don't care, for as long as you're there they will give it to you!
That is just in case there aren't enough meals boarded. Probably left over agent behaviour from the days where J wasn't catered to 100%, or perhaps they are back to not loading on the full 9 meals?
Old Jun 2, 2015, 11:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I've been on flights where they didn't have enough meals for everyone. But the FAs don't check your BP. They go by the manifest, which just says ML*1 or whatever.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 1:54 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
I think it's a good idea to do on an op-up. In the event that something happens (of the tons that can) the client has no expectation of a meal. And since they got the op-up at the gate they didn't before anyway.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 3:14 pm

Programs: AC 100K SE (*G), Marriott P, SPG G, Hilton D
AC 299 YWG-YVR
At 24 hours before departure price was $235 .....declined
At 2 hours before departure price went up to $316 .....declined

First time I've seen the price increase closer to departure, perhaps some people took the LMU and demand increased the price point?
Old Jun 2, 2015, 3:41 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*G), Westjet Gold
Originally Posted by Suncana
YVR-YEG is the one route I've received op-ups on in recent years....its happened a few times. Sometimes on Tango, sometimes Flex, and I'm E35K.... I wouldn't be surprised to see this route get Rouged...
Old Jun 3, 2015, 1:04 pm

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE
YVR-YYZ AC102 A321 LMU $619+Tx from Flex G. Declined.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 3:26 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by nave888
YVR-YEG is the one route I've received op-ups on in recent years....its happened a few times. Sometimes on Tango, sometimes Flex, and I'm E35K.... I wouldn't be surprised to see this route get Rouged...
Sarcasm? Or are you confused as to the purpose of Rouge?

There's far too much business and high yield traffic between YVR-YEG, it may be slowing due to a downturn in YMM, but heavy domestic routes won't be Rouged. YXX-YYZ three times a week is Rouge, YHZ-YYC can be Rouged, YQY-YYZ can be Rouged.

BOG-YYZ Tango (promo) A, kiosk didn't offer, no LMU offered on the app
asked at check-in I was quoted $500 USD.

Passed. It's probably a rate that lots of you would jump on for a 6 hour flight, but they're not gonna get that much cash out of me when my fare was only $800. I also knew the flight was only about 60% full so I'd be able to find room to stretch out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.