Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Post your LMUs (Last Minute Upgrades) here.

Old May 25, 2015, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
So we can all get a handle on how they are going to work in the real world, how much they will cost, et c.

Post flight, date, route, original fare basis (T, T+, Lat, etc), and if known, seat inventory (i.e. J9, C7, Z5, I3). If you do upgrade, please also let us know how many empty J seats there were in the cabin, if any. And if you were considering a certificate upgrade, why or why you didn't opt for the LMU.

It would be helpful if this thread could be limited to "just the facts" and no discussion, which could be posted elsewhere. That should make this thread more useful for everyone.

Should anyone want to discuss LMU's further please post in this thread:

LMU (Last Minute Upgrades) fare discussion & questions
Print Wikipost

Post your LMUs (Last Minute Upgrades) here.

Old Nov 18, 2021, 12:41 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
t-16 no LMU offered for my father YYC-YVR. J2R1.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 6:51 am

Flight left J1 R1 with no LMU or bid upgrade accepted. Weird.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 9:49 am

J2R2 but no LMU again for my dad YVR-YYC. Weird.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 9:57 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by SKYEG
J2R2 but no LMU again for my dad YVR-YYC. Weird.
I'm not sure why you think these are weird. J>0 doesn't mean LMU will be offered. They may hold the seats back from LMU to potentially sell them, or they may have people waitlisted for eUps or on standby from J for earlier flights (or know they're likely to get those people through the day) to whom they'd rather give the seat than an LMU. Or it may be that he's on a very cheap Y fare and they're less interested in offering him an LMU.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I'm not sure why you think these are weird. J>0 doesn't mean LMU will be offered. They may hold the seats back from LMU to potentially sell them, or they may have people waitlisted for eUps or on standby from J for earlier flights (or know they're likely to get those people through the day) to whom they'd rather give the seat than an LMU. Or it may be that he's on a very cheap Y fare and they're less interested in offering him an LMU.
Ive always had LMU offered if any J and R space on all my western triangle routes the last 10 years if on any flex fare. Agents at check in or MLL werent able to offer him an LMU either.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz Presidents Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Was offered and accepted a LMU from a standard fare to Dreamliner J class pod on YVR-OGG and return. Felt it was a great value at $297 CAD TO Maui and $202 USD for the return. Will note that on the outbound there were people on the upgrade list when I got my upgrade. The price to Premium Y was roughly half the J amount so also a good value.
YULRvR and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by Altaflyer
Was offered and accepted a LMU from a standard fare to Dreamliner J class pod on YVR-OGG and return. Felt it was a great value at $297 CAD TO Maui and $202 USD for the return. Will note that on the outbound there were people on the upgrade list when I got my upgrade. The price to Premium Y was roughly half the J amount so also a good value.
insane value!! hope you enjoyed.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz Presidents Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SKYEG
insane value!! hope you enjoyed.
Very much so.although the service is very basic in J and is exactly the same in Premium Y. Only 2 choices for dinner and only 1 for breakfast. Domestic J wines. Definitely not Signature service on this route. Return seems to be double catered out of YVR.
SKYEG likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by Altaflyer
Very much so….although the service is very basic in J and is exactly the same in Premium Y. Only 2 choices for dinner and only 1 for breakfast. Domestic J wines. Definitely not Signature service on this route. Return seems to be double catered out of YVR.
I'll make you feel better... I flew a 6 hour intl flight to Bogota on AA and it wasn't catered at all in J. 777 widebody. AC is leagues ahead vs other NA legacy in catering during covid area/recovery!!!

To be more on topic, YUL-EWR LMU was offered to me at $139 on a standard fare. J9R9 E75 lol. I should have bought flex to e upgrade but last minute flex was $1100....
Old Jan 12, 2022, 5:20 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
After 12.5 years and over 2,800 posts, we're sending this thread off to a well-deserved retirement. Discussion continues from 2022 in this thread.

Adam Smith
AC Forum Co-Moderator

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.