Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Post your LMUs (Last Minute Upgrades) here.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 25, 2015, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
So we can all get a handle on how they are going to work in the real world, how much they will cost, et c.

Post flight, date, route, original fare basis (T, T+, Lat, etc), and if known, seat inventory (i.e. J9, C7, Z5, I3). If you do upgrade, please also let us know how many empty J seats there were in the cabin, if any. And if you were considering a certificate upgrade, why or why you didn't opt for the LMU.

It would be helpful if this thread could be limited to "just the facts" and no discussion, which could be posted elsewhere. That should make this thread more useful for everyone.

Should anyone want to discuss LMU's further please post in this thread:

LMU (Last Minute Upgrades) fare discussion & questions
Print Wikipost

Post your LMUs (Last Minute Upgrades) here.

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2012, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
Aeroplan reward ticket.
They get offered LMU.
Old May 17, 2012, 4:56 pm

BOS-YYZ
Tango+ about 24 prior departure
$179

Accepted
Old May 17, 2012, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by rehoult
They get offered LMU.
Apparently so.

Her PNR was linked my (SE) number, not sure if this is part of it.

But isn't it kind of interesting that an Aeroplan ticket gets offered an LMU?

What's the impact of this on the new math of R=0, always equals 0, except when R<0?
Old May 17, 2012, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
Apparently so.

Her PNR was linked my (SE) number, not sure if this is part of it.

But isn't it kind of interesting that an Aeroplan ticket gets offered an LMU?

What's the impact of this on the new math of R=0, always equals 0, except when R<0?
AC offers LMU to all Y passengers, which makes sense as they don't care who buys them as long as someone does.
Old May 17, 2012, 7:33 pm

Programs: AC Elite
YYZ-YUL on T+ fare 188$ . declined
Old May 17, 2012, 8:17 pm

Programs: AC A50K
YHZ to YVR

My non status SO on a tango fare
$849
I accepted as a treat for her
No way I would have paid that for myself
Old May 18, 2012, 6:57 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by km101
My non status SO on a tango fare
$849
I accepted as a treat for her
No way I would have paid that for myself
Just a thought experiment: If you gave your SO the choice of sitting in J or taking a gift of $849 to spend as she liked while in YVR, which do you think she would have chosen? Not saying either choice is "right", just doing a litlle behavioural analysis.
Old May 18, 2012, 11:01 am

Programs: AC A50K
Choices

Originally Posted by Gogie
Just a thought experiment: If you gave your SO the choice of sitting in J or taking a gift of $849 to spend as she liked while in YVR, which do you think she would have chosen? Not saying either choice is "right", just doing a litlle behavioural analysis.
If I gave her the option, she would have either refused it, or bought new shoes or other random material things.

We are not rich, however we do well, with a double income / no kids. We have enough material things gathering dust at home, and try to live a simple life. To us, life is more about experiences rather than just collecting stuff.

She puts up with a lot from me, my absences, my constantly rambling about collecting miles, my eccentricities. So to me surprising her with a nice day of travel is worth the price. (I am a sailor and I have a tendency to spend money foolishly, generally on wine, women and song) She didn't notice the upgrade until she passed security in Halifax.

Life is a balance of needs and wants. Everyone places a different value on a dollar. I did think that $849 was a little steep for domestic J, however to me, the surprised phone-call I got when she figured it out was worth it.
Old May 18, 2012, 11:49 am

Programs: AC SE
at t-3hrs AC7 YVR-HKG T LMU for $1398 now up from $998 at t-23hrs
Old May 18, 2012, 1:20 pm

YHZ-YUL
$238!
After I stopping laughing, I declined.

Not too sure what fare it was as it was booked through Air Canada Vacations. I think G fare whatever that is?

Flight time is 1hr 30 minutes, at $238 for LMU that is $80 per 30 minutes of flight time.
As a comparision I flew YHZ-ORD on UA and got a LMU for $150.00 for a 3hr 40 min flight, or approx. $20 per half hour.
Old May 21, 2012, 6:48 am

YYZ-BOS
Tango +
Same cost except this time it is in CAD...$179
Old May 21, 2012, 7:02 am

Programs: Various airline, hotel and credit card programs
YUL-YYZ AC 403 May20
$159 + tax.
Declined.
The A320 was half empty, had the whole economy row to myself.

Aldo, it was a very good flight, one of the shortest ever on that route that I took - about 50-55 mins door to door.
Old May 21, 2012, 9:16 am

Programs: AC*SE
Originally Posted by RevvedUp
YYC-YOW 24 hours out, $748 from T+.
It was for one person...had the same offer on the return, and I was wait listed for an upgrade that I didn't get (thankfully as it turns out, had the exit row to myself).
Old May 21, 2012, 8:53 pm

Programs: AC Altitude -.006k
YOW-YHZ AC104 E190 $298 at T-13. For a 1h33 flight. Or 6 eUg credits. On a T+ fare. Declined

J1/C1/D0/Z0/R0 Y/B/M/U all at 7 everything else at 0

Last edited by WhiteYUL; May 22, 2012 at 12:04 pm Reason: add T-13
Old May 22, 2012, 7:11 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by km101
If I gave her the option, she would have either refused it, or bought new shoes or other random material things.

We are not rich, however we do well, with a double income / no kids. We have enough material things gathering dust at home, and try to live a simple life. To us, life is more about experiences rather than just collecting stuff.

She puts up with a lot from me, my absences, my constantly rambling about collecting miles, my eccentricities. So to me surprising her with a nice day of travel is worth the price. (I am a sailor and I have a tendency to spend money foolishly, generally on wine, women and song) She didn't notice the upgrade until she passed security in Halifax.

Life is a balance of needs and wants. Everyone places a different value on a dollar. I did think that $849 was a little steep for domestic J, however to me, the surprised phone-call I got when she figured it out was worth it.
I totally agree with your logic (as I said in my original post, I didn't think either choice was "right"). Sometimes a few dollars spent on a SO can be invaluable. I often "waste" money on flowers, but Mrs. Gogie appreciates the thought and that's what counts. She's flying to LAS next month to meet me there - maybe I'll see if I can get her a LMU for the flight down!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.