Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

"Somewhat scary one near Winnipeg" - The AC Master Incidents Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Somewhat scary one near Winnipeg" - The AC Master Incidents Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2018, 9:22 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by travel agent
TLV - YYZ today was canceled
TLV - YUL was diverted to ATH
AC83 TLV/YUL diverted for a medical emergency: RMKS/DIVERTING DUE MEDICAL EMERGENCY FLIGHT DIVERTED TO ATH DUE TO PSGR MEDICAL EMERGENCY

Based on FR24, it looks like AC85 left the gate in TLV, taxied to the runway and then turned around and returned to the gate. I would guess a mechanical issue.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 10:27 am

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ChrisA330
AC83 TLV/YUL diverted for a medical emergency: RMKS/DIVERTING DUE MEDICAL EMERGENCY FLIGHT DIVERTED TO ATH DUE TO PSGR MEDICAL EMERGENCY

Based on FR24, it looks like AC85 left the gate in TLV, taxied to the runway and then turned around and returned to the gate. I would guess a mechanical issue.
Two sections operating tomorrow: AC2085, leaving at the time that AC085 is supposed to and AC085, now being delayed to 1pm.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 9:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
https://globalnews.ca/news/4371522/r...ly-in-kelowna/

An Air Canada flight that experienced a suspected hydraulic issue landed safely at Kelowna International Airport on Saturday morning.

The flight, Air Canada 8215, originated out of Vancouver and was en route to Cranbrook with 50 passengers. The plane, though, was diverted to the Okanagan because of the problem.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 6:26 am

Programs: Aeroplan, M&M
Anybody know what AC845 was delayed last minute by over 2 hours?
Old Aug 9, 2018, 6:41 am

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by mashlakito
Anybody know what AC845 was delayed last minute by over 2 hours?
According to EF: RMKS/FIN 851 DLYD AWAITING AT CLEARANCE.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 2:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by eigenvector
Whoops... what is it with AC pilots and accidentally entering taxiways?
https://twitter.com/TomPodolec/statu...38698142674944
I arrived at NRT yesterday on NH (cnx later to AC) and as we were taxiing to gate 42, I saw these things.

I've been flying onto NRT for at least 4 years and don't recall seeing these. It would be interesting if they were newly painted as a result of the misadventures of AC 5.

Can anyone confirm if they saw these too? (Sure, I could ask on the NH forum but it wasn't one of their birds and I can't cross-post)

Old Aug 11, 2018, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by 24left
I arrived at NRT yesterday on NH (cnx later to AC) and as we were taxiing to gate 42, I saw these things.

I've been flying onto NRT for at least 4 years and don't recall seeing these. It would be interesting if they were newly painted as a result of the misadventures of AC 5.

Can anyone confirm if they saw these too? (Sure, I could ask on the NH forum but it wasn't one of their birds and I can't cross-post)

I believe those are at the opposite end of the runway where AC had their incident. Ie: these are at the end of 34R whereas AC has just landed on 16L.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 7:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..

I believe those are at the opposite end of the runway where AC had their incident. Ie: these are at the end of 34R whereas AC has just landed on 16L.
I thought this photo was interesting. A splash of that mint green paint on part of this taxiway. Was NRT just starting the paint job and thus had not finished it so it would look like the ones I took the photos of?

I'm asking because I'm curious. Thanks.

Old Aug 11, 2018, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by 24left
I thought this photo was interesting. A splash of that mint green paint on part of this taxiway. Was NRT just starting the paint job and thus had not finished it so it would look like the ones I took the photos of?

I'm asking because I'm curious. Thanks.

The fuel farm in the background of your pictures is not as the same end of the runway where AC has the incident. You can see the ‘X’ from your picture in Google Maps.

Last edited by ChrisA330; Aug 11, 2018 at 7:22 pm
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:03 am

Programs: AC SE
AC1793 - YQB-YYZ - rouge A321 - 20AUG2018

I was scheduled to fly on AC1793 this morning at 1020 out of YQB this morning. The flight was delayed by 1 hour despite the fact that the aircraft was sitting at the gate. Right as they call boarding zone 1, I get a text message on my phone advising that this flight was cancelled. Sure enough, after processing 2-3 pax, the GA stops boarding and announces that the flight is cancelled due to a smoke smell in the cockpit. Maybe someone with EF can pull up more details?

They have now delayed and upgauged AC1795 to a rouge 763. This flight now leaves at 16:15 so I have plenty of time to enjoy Häagen-Dazs ice cream bars in the lounge. Yeah, I take solace in the small things.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by jasdou
I was scheduled to fly on AC1793 this morning at 1020 out of YQB this morning. The flight was delayed by 1 hour despite the fact that the aircraft was sitting at the gate. Right as they call boarding zone 1, I get a text message on my phone advising that this flight was cancelled. Sure enough, after processing 2-3 pax, the GA stops boarding and announces that the flight is cancelled due to a smoke smell in the cockpit. Maybe someone with EF can pull up more details?

They have now delayed and upgauged AC1795 to a rouge 763. This flight now leaves at 16:15 so I have plenty of time to enjoy Häagen-Dazs ice cream bars in the lounge. Yeah, I take solace in the small things.
Once a flight is cancelled, there are no details to see in EF.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:17 am

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG/Marriott, Radisson Rewards
Originally Posted by jasdou
Maybe someone with EF can pull up more details?
EF is useless for cancellation reasons, as it always just says:

Code:
BRD/OFF POINTS REQUIRED THIS FLIGHT
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:47 am

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by D404
EF is useless for cancellation reasons, as it always just says:

Code:
BRD/OFF POINTS REQUIRED THIS FLIGHT
Incorrect. EF is only useless for looking up reasons AC flights were cancelled. I have pulled up cancellation reasons for DL/AA/UA flights with no issues. There should be no surprises here, AC is not known for transparency.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by YYT82

Incorrect. EF is only useless for looking up reasons AC flights were cancelled. I have pulled up cancellation reasons for DL/AA/UA flights with no issues. There should be no surprises here, AC is not known for transparency.
What makes you think AC is doing this purposely to minimize transparency?
canadiancow likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 11:05 am

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE

What makes you think AC is doing this purposely to minimize transparency?
You can see remarks with proper comments/notes right up until the moment the flight is cancelled in the system. Once the AC flight is cancelled, all comments are replaced with the generic BRD/OFF POINTS REQUIRED comment. (Based on my own experience.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.