Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Annoying Posters, Bans, and the TOS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Annoying Posters, Bans, and the TOS

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2004, 12:25 am

Programs: WS Platinum, former AC E35K
I thought about apologizing a while ago, but at that point I felt there was some unnecessary crap, not all, but some coming my way, and felt as if it would be pointless. Like a lost cause if you will. As you may have noticed I no longer post when I am flying and when I will be where, although I am certain I have either been on recent flights or been in the MLL at the same time as other FTer's. I've met one FTer before and it was a great experience, but after all this I really don't feel it to be in my best interest to goto a FTer do and meet others, I'm sure I'd be welcomed on some level, but I would feel weird about it, and I'm sure many ppl here wouldn't want to meet me either, so I'll just stay outta that, also the reason I don't post when I'm flying anymore. I know I've posted a lot of useless info on this board, and recently I have been trying to post only useful info, but it seems as though I get dragged in and end up saying more useless stuff. I'll lay off here for a few days, and maybe the new year will bring a new start.
Old Dec 30, 2004, 12:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Have you learned the term "goodwill" in your studies? If you have, think about it. Then come back with a better answer than your first few thoughts.

By the way, if I were you, I'd read your previous post AGAIN. You obviously did not look at improving your grammar (although punctuation is a good start). I don't care if you think this is a board and therefore, I don't need to capitalise etc., but you know what -- all that reflects upon you and the person that you are.

I'm not going to teach you how to write though because you should know how to. If not, well, then there's a failure of some sort in the BC Education system -- and also a failure at Bishops. But don't make nobody-elite feel bad -- make her (and her colleagues) feel proud that her time teaching and serving BC students was well worth the time and effort.

Last edited by YOWkid; Dec 30, 2004 at 12:34 am
Old Dec 30, 2004, 12:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I don't normally read all AC threads (heck, I barely can keep up some some of my forums!), but in clicking back before signing off, I decided to read this one cuz I was so suprised that MissyDarlin (who's AS) was posting.

I don't know the person who's offended you all, but given how many have said thanks for the suggestion of ignore I'm certainly willing to accept there were some not so great posts & it was probably deserved.

Having said that, if you're gonna take the person to task, do it on the issues - not on grammar - seems like there's enough bigger things to get bent out of shape on than that.

BTW - know sometimes I irritate a few of you but know others like me - hope I never get on the ignore list And hope the person who is currently on it sorts it out & comes back & posts positively like the majority of folk on this forum do.

Cheers & Happy New Year in advance....

Sharon
Old Dec 30, 2004, 1:00 am

Originally Posted by YOWkid
Have you learned the term "goodwill" in your studies? If you have, think about it. Then come back with a better answer than your first few thoughts.

By the way, if I were you, I'd read your previous post AGAIN. You obviously did not look at improving your grammar (although punctuation is a good start). I don't care if you think this is a board and therefore, I don't need to capitalise etc., but you know what -- all that reflects upon you and the person that you are.

I'm not going to teach you how to write though because you should know how to. If not, well, then there's a failure of some sort in the BC Education system -- and also a failure at Bishops. But don't make nobody-elite feel bad -- make her (and her colleagues) feel proud that her time teaching and serving BC students was well worth the time and effort.

I think my grammer on this board has greatly improved over the last year, and I feel that it is at a level that is probably near standard, even some of the veterens here have some pretty bad grammer. Besides that's not the main issue here.
Old Dec 30, 2004, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No it isn't. And that is where the goodwill comment comes from. If you apologise, it actually shows that you are thinking and care. That's where you start improving.

But, doing the little things won't hurt you either.

Last edited by YOWkid; Dec 30, 2004 at 1:31 am
Old Dec 30, 2004, 1:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I don't normally read all AC threads (heck, I barely can keep up some some of my forums!), but in clicking back before signing off, I decided to read this one cuz I was so suprised that MissyDarlin (who's AS) was posting.

I don't know the person who's offended you all, but given how many have said thanks for the suggestion of ignore I'm certainly willing to accept there were some not so great posts & it was probably deserved.

Having said that, if you're gonna take the person to task, do it on the issues - not on grammar - seems like there's enough bigger things to get bent out of shape on than that.

BTW - know sometimes I irritate a few of you but know others like me - hope I never get on the ignore list And hope the person who is currently on it sorts it out & comes back & posts positively like the majority of folk on this forum do.

Cheers & Happy New Year in advance....

Sharon
Sharon, you will need to go back through many threads in the last half year to get an understanding of the entire situation. Grammar was just one component of the situation and YOWKid just happened to touch on it a little more than previous posts. His intentions are not to solely harp on grammar, but to additionally reinforce points on grammar (amongst other things) brought up in the past. Believe me, grammar is just the tip of the iceberg.
Old Dec 30, 2004, 1:17 am

I am sorry for wasting ppl's time and pissing them off, however if anyone is to forgive me, please give me time, as change does not happen over night.
Old Dec 30, 2004, 1:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by shore9
I am sorry for wasting ppl's time and pissing them off, however if anyone is to forgive me, please give me time, as change does not happen over night.
Ok, good start. I hope you meant what you just posted.

See you in January when you will follow through on your promise to change.
Old Dec 30, 2004, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

[QUOTE=YOWkid]

Even Academic, Empress, and Shareholder (sorry to point fingers) make mistakes, but they apologise, accept the correction, and move on and don't try to defend themselves even though it is wrong.

I noted that parnel NEVER makes mistakes
Old Dec 30, 2004, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think YOWkid makes an interesting point on the YUL do.
If possible,take the time to meet your FT peers face to face.You may have a much different opinion of them as we may have of you.
As a business student,you will be required to do tasks you are uncomfortable with.Its called a learning curve.A good education for all of us.

I promise to keep parnel at arms length
Old Dec 30, 2004, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Curiosity got the best of me...all this activity...so I turned off a certain feature and...I found this statement:

shore9: The ball is now in your court. The community awaits the new and improved version....
Old Dec 30, 2004, 7:11 am
At Large

[QUOTE=acysb87]
Originally Posted by YOWkid

Even Academic, Empress, and Shareholder (sorry to point fingers) make mistakes, but they apologise, accept the correction, and move on and don't try to defend themselves even though it is wrong.

Remember that always
Old Dec 30, 2004, 7:19 am

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
Well said, YOWkid.
And shore9, I'll take your apology at its face value, but the kind of change we're asking for can happen overnight. You just need to think about what you're going to say before you say it, and ask yourself if it's based on your own first-hand knowledge or a source that we would all recognize as reliable. Good luck, because I think youj're out of second chances.
Old Dec 30, 2004, 7:35 am
At Large

you were given a time out to think about the changes you needed to make and came back on here with worse comments than before your time out. We suggest you take a self imposed one and review your stubborn actions here and then try and contribute if you insist on being here.
Old Dec 30, 2004, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by acysb87
No, he wasn't mentioned because, well, he is expected to make mistakes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.