Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Annoying Posters, Bans, and the TOS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Annoying Posters, Bans, and the TOS

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2004, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
YYZ MLL lounge experience

I drank some soup. It was kind of salty, with a hint of pepperiness. I got some beef stuck in between my teeth, but managed to push it out with my tongue. Then I took a shower. It was a very nice and warm shower. Being my one and only time in the lounge, I stole the soap and shampoo. Wait until the guys on FT hear about my experience... once in a lifetime (literally!). They're gonna thank me for this one!
Old Dec 31, 2004, 7:31 am

Location: Here, There and Everywhere (but now on the Pacific)!
Programs: AC E75, MPC G and NEXUS/GE fan, Fairmont Plat, SPG Gold, National EE, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I drank some soup. It was kind of salty, with a hint of pepperiness. I got some beef stuck in between my teeth, but managed to push it out with my tongue. Then I took a shower. It was a very nice and warm shower. Being my one and only time in the lounge, I stole the soap and shampoo. Wait until the guys on FT hear about my experience... once in a lifetime (literally!). They're gonna thank me for this one!
LOL
Old Dec 31, 2004, 7:42 am

Programs: A3 G, SPG, Fairmount
Originally Posted by kpalle
LOL
We could have fun with this
Old Dec 31, 2004, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But that's wrong yyznomad. When I drank soup the last 13 times when I was in the YUL MLL, it was tasteless. No salt and no pepper. Barely any flavour or noodles or beef of vegetables. Actually to come and think of it, there weren't any. It was almost like drinking Montreal tap water straight from the tap? AC soups suck. So avoid the soups and avoid the domestic 767s!
Old Dec 31, 2004, 8:33 am

Programs: ACMM / Altitude S100K / HH Diamond
Hah - in the many times I have been in the MLL i have never seen anyone eating soup ... I think AC will be cutting back on the soup as it is costly!

PB
Old Dec 31, 2004, 8:40 am

Programs: AC E75K 2MM * DL MM * HH Diamond * Marriott Lifetime Titanium * Queen's '92
The MLL in LHR doesn't have soup - Ive never seen it there. They dont have cereal either, and the Beer was warm.
Old Dec 31, 2004, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It was thick as soup here in YSB this morning.Could it be the same formula AC is using in their soup?The domestic version Dash-8 did get out,minor delay.They do fly the transborder Dash-8 here at times.Wait a minute,it is probably the same plane.I will boycott the domestic version so that I can get on the transborder one.Can I get a J seat On transborder Dash-8?Do they serve meals,or soup?My dad says they used to serve soup,even a soup of the day.I guess they stopped as it was too expensive.I will buy some at Tim Hortons to sell on my next flight.Can I get it by security?Do they do security for soup?
Old Dec 31, 2004, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad
I drank some soup. It was kind of salty, with a hint of pepperiness. ..... I stole the soap and shampoo.

Are you sure you didn't drink the soap and steal the soup?
Old Dec 31, 2004, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by Simon
The MLL in LHR doesn't have soup - Ive never seen it there. They dont have cereal either, and the Beer was warm.
I was there once 24 years ago and thats the way it was then so it would obviosly be the same now...duh...
Old Dec 31, 2004, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
LOL...!!! This is fun
Old Dec 31, 2004, 9:08 am

Programs: A3 G, SPG, Fairmount
My daddy told me that back in the days of prop planes the soup was much better.
Of course now in the last 13 times I visited the MLL I assume what passes for soup is not the same at all. No sir! It was much better in the old days. I know this because my daddy said so.
Old Dec 31, 2004, 9:10 am

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
I'm tedering on the brink
Old Dec 31, 2004, 9:19 am

Programs: SPG - Platinum, Hertz - 5 Star
Originally Posted by acysb87
It was thick as soup here in YSB this morning.Could it be the same formula AC is using in their soup?The domestic version Dash-8 did get out,minor delay.They do fly the transborder Dash-8 here at times.Wait a minute,it is probably the same plane.I will boycott the domestic version so that I can get on the transborder one.Can I get a J seat On transborder Dash-8?Do they serve meals,or soup?My dad says they used to serve soup,even a soup of the day.I guess they stopped as it was too expensive.I will buy some at Tim Hortons to sell on my next flight.Can I get it by security?Do they do security for soup?
There is only J seating on the international version of the Dash-8, and if I recall correctly the last time the executive first service was a tad slow. I guess it was becuz I was in my usual 1D and the FA's butt kept hitting me in the face. So the soup is off the menu......sorry if this is confusing
Old Dec 31, 2004, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think...no I assume that there is soup in the MLL in Beijing because there is soup in every MLL and there is an MLL everywhere Air Canada flies with J classs. I heard this from a guy who flies Quantas and he should know cause Beijing and Sydney are close.
Old Dec 31, 2004, 9:23 am

Programs: AC E50 MM, WJ Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime
You guys kill me

I should however add that I was supposed to fly home to see my parents tonight but found out they were only flying me in Y. Not going. If they want to see me they can fly me in J. That's that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.