Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The "THANKS Concierge!" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2018, 11:21 pm

Programs: Altitude SEMM
A big thanks to Wanda at YYT. A schedule change left me five minutes short of MCT at YYZ on a return trip from Asia and I had been automatically rebooked on the original flight. I saw Wanda at the gate at YYT on my outbound and mentioned this to her. She took on the task of monitoring the flight on the return and manually checking me in on the original flight with 24 hours of the flight, once I was on my way back. Moreover, she preserved my upgrade (which I had originally by lost when I was rebooked) by taking another credit from my eup account. Then, after the flight she arranged to have that extra credit restored to the account. Amazing service!
folkart and canadiancow like this.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Livyer
A big thanks to Wanda at YYT.
Wanda, YYT? Is that a fish?
Old Jun 13, 2018, 10:07 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Stranger
Wanda, YYT? Is that a fish?
The movie was epic crazy.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 11:00 am

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Originally Posted by Yhztraveller
Sylvie, Philomena, and Nathalie have also been extremely helpful at YUL. Don't remember which one of them tried to impersonate a NASCAR driver trying to get me to one of the 60 gates on time, but I was wishing the cart had seat belts!
Be careful when outing staff by name and place of work. For obvious reasons, airports impose strict speed limits for all vehicles inside and outside - so if the wrong, humourless supervisor gets word, even anecdotally, that their staff may be exceeding what's permitted, people could get into trouble or be asked uncomfortable questions.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 11:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Livyer
A big thanks to Wanda at YYT. A schedule change left me five minutes short of MCT at YYZ on a return trip from Asia and I had been automatically rebooked on the original flight. I saw Wanda at the gate at YYT on my outbound and mentioned this to her. She took on the task of monitoring the flight on the return and manually checking me in on the original flight with 24 hours of the flight, once I was on my way back. Moreover, she preserved my upgrade (which I had originally by lost when I was rebooked) by taking another credit from my eup account. Then, after the flight she arranged to have that extra credit restored to the account. Amazing service!
I also had great assistance from Wanda on Monday. She was extremely helpful.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 5:09 am

I never get chance to visit the YYZ concierge office as I connect but managed to pop in yesterday. Was blown away by the space (compared to the old office) and the three concierges manning the desks. Smiles despite at least two grumpy folk who popped in. And fixed my inconsequential problem pronto with yet more smiles
Old Jun 22, 2018, 8:20 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Got a couple impressive secondhand stories from a colleague I figured I'd share.

Colleague flew YUL-LAX today, and due to what can only be attributed to the sheer excitement of taking his MM-crossing flight, he forgot the key to a car he keeps in LA at his home in YUL. By the time he realizes this, it's too late to overnight it to him and with the provincial holiday weekend, he doesn't stand much of a chance to get the key before Tuesday, right in time for his flight home.

Enter the YUL concierge team. My colleague's daughter is bringing the key to the concierge, who'll then give it to the SD for one of tomorrow's flights to LAX who'll in turn hand it off to the LAX concierge. Despite only knowing about Flyertalk through my own lack of productivity at the office, he insists I should "share THAT on FT."

In giving me the play-by-play on this story, he went on to tell me about another time they helped out on a simple YUL-LAS flight where someone in his travel party had forgotten their passport in YYZ. He was switched onto a YUL-YYZ-LAS routing and the passport was retrieved by its owner's building security and driven to YYZ by car service. A concierge met the car curb-side and delivered the passport to the YUL-YYZ arrival gate. They made their transborder connection and went on to arrive in LAS where the rest of the YUL-LAS party had arrived about 20 minutes earlier.

Despite a knack for forgetting things in the wrong cities, he says, "the best part of SE100 is concierge."
Old Jun 23, 2018, 6:45 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
You bring back memories of my own absent minded follies. The YEG team has assisted me in getting a shirt I needed to YYJ and my laptop power cord to YYZ. There is no question that they are an extremely important part of my team or, as they like to refer to themselves, family. For someone who flies more than a few times a year, life would be much more difficult without them.
ffsim and canadiancow like this.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 8:11 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Emerald Exec, HHG
Two recent experiences with the concierge's, both of which I wrote into AC for recognition. Concierge in ORD (forget his name) waiting outside of security, long after the counter closed to provide me and my family boarding passes as we were transferring from T5 and our inbound Int'l flight was 2 hrs late. I'm sure I was digging into his personal time and I appreciate him hanging around just for us as TK wouldn't issue us a BP.

Cindy (?) in BOS. Every time I travel to BOS Cindy stands out with her customer service. Last week traveling in Y, Cindy gave me a call 1 hr before the flight to let me know she had bumped my to J due to oversold conditions in Y and moved me to a direct flight from a connecting flight. I'm sure this happens all the time to others, but for me it was a great gesture. The fact that she takes the time to proactively call is impressive.
musicmtl likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Great service from YOW concierge during IROPS last week Tuesday and then from YYZ concierges who were waiting at gate with new BP for missed cnx to YSB for next flight.
Multiple voice mail messages explaining all of the above. Well done !!!!
Old Aug 1, 2018, 12:17 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
I have a question about the concierge service - namely, what is it and what can I expect out of it? Crossing into SE100k for the first time this year. I hear so much about the service but still don't fully understand it. Is it something I access in the event of a problem only? Do they anticipate problems before I know they exist?

Sorry for the newbie crap. I know y'all are very experienced and probably don't want the added company in SE status anyway
Old Aug 1, 2018, 12:28 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
I have a question about the concierge service - namely, what is it and what can I expect out of it? Crossing into SE100k for the first time this year. I hear so much about the service but still don't fully understand it. Is it something I access in the event of a problem only? Do they anticipate problems before I know they exist?

Sorry for the newbie crap. I know y'all are very experienced and probably don't want the added company in SE status anyway
When you cross the 100K threshold, your Altitude page will give you a central concierge number and email. You will also receive a package in the mail. Generally you would call them with an issue, hopefully there is no real need to call them otherwise. Minor stuff would be like can you print my boarding pass, change my seats etc. More important is missed connections, late arrivals for connections, bag issues, etc. Generally very helpful. Yes, they can also be proactive - for example meet you at the gate and transport you to your new gate for short connections, print new boarding passes, etc.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 6:08 pm

Programs: AC MM, SE100K
Thanks to the YVR concierge team for pro-actively rebooking me this morning when the departure of AC 122 was delayed for two hours. And thanks to concierge Sanja for guiding me, in my addled and sleep-deprived state, through the new YVR CBS and bus-transfer system.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 11:20 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Another thank you to the YVR concierge team. My bags including a bike did not make a connection just before August long weekend. Only very few people were working for the company AC uses to deliver delayed luggage that weekend. In order to get the bags to me in time, a concierge hoped on a yellow cab to personally deliver the bags to me. Fantastic service and truly appreciated.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by totti
Another thank you to the YVR concierge team. My bags including a bike did not make a connection just before August long weekend. Only very few people were working for the company AC uses to deliver delayed luggage that weekend. In order to get the bags to me in time, a concierge hoped on a yellow cab to personally deliver the bags to me. Fantastic service and truly appreciated.
Glad to hear all worked out for you, with some assistance.

I would hope that AC procures vendors that have contracts stating that during peak times that they have more staff on hand... not less. But what do I know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.